Trashed and Scattered

The Answer is Here

*Gerards POV*
After Selena got up and left I felt like total shit. I fucked up bad, I shouldn't have kissed her now she's probably mad at me.

Since we'd gotten here I've been thinking about what the radio said 'The answer to infection is here'. I walked out of the bedroom quietly trying not to wake Hannah up and walked down the stairs.

I found Henry sitting outside on a lawn chair. I sat on the ground next to him.

"Hello," I said.

"I bet your disappointed." He said.

"Why would I be." I said.

"Because. You were probably expecting a full army briggaide with tons of food and a feild hospital." He said.

"No actually-."

"The answer to infection." He cut me off.

"Yes."

"Come here Gerard, isn't it. I want to show you something." I got up as he did. He led me back into the house and down a small corridor. Then we came to some stairs leading to a basement.

We stopped by a door where some men were making food, so I assumed it was the kitchen.

"Whats for dinner tonight Leon." Henry asked a guy.

"Surprise, sir." A guy with an apron on said.

"Very well." Henry said. We walked a little further and he stopped again. On our left there was a big machine looking thing.

"A wood burner that provides us with hot water the first step to rebuilding. You see that's the answer to infection. Rebuild this world that our ancestors worked so hard to create." He said. "I have one more thing I want to show you."

He turned to the door that was on our right, turned the handle and opened it. Then he stepped outside and told me to do so also.

As soon as I did I heard the sounds of footsteps and a firmiliar growl. Then from out of a bunch of hung up sheets came an infected person, his red eyes full of hunger and rage. I noticed he was on a chain like a dog.

"Your keeping him here." I asked.

"Yes." Henry said.

"Why?"

"He's telling me stuff. He's telling me that he'll never be a doctor, he'll never work on a feild. He's futureless. And soon he'll tell me how long it takes for the infected to die of starvation." He explained. I guess I understood in some sick and twisted way. But what scared me is what if he got loose. Then we'd all die.

"Well you can carry on with whatever you were doing before." Henry said before he walked back inside closing the door behind himself. Out of fear I followed inside right after him. I just hope that thing never gets loose.