Status: Who knows?

You Just Don't Know What the Future Holds

It's A. . .

Joe's POV

"Alright, you won." I stated as Erin and I walked out of the hospital.

"Yup! I told you it was a boy." She smiled, putting her hands on her stomach.

I shook my head in defeat and unlocked the car, "So what is your first request for the week?" I asked, opening her door for her.

"Thanks and I don't know yet..." She said.

"Alright, just let me know when you decide." I shrugged, "Speaking of decisions, we really need to pick out a name."

"Yeah I know...I really, really, REALLY like the name Devon."

"Me too, but like you said what would be his middle name?"

"I don't know; Devon Joseph Jonas is a little funny so that's out."

"What about Devon Aaron?"

"Nah..."

"Does he really need a middle name?!"

"Yes," She laughed, "Let's try this later, okay?"

"Fine, but pushing it off isn't helping choose a name." I joked as we pulled into the garage.

She rolled her eyes and headed inside, putting the new picture on the refrigerator.

"Oh, I decided on what I want!" She exclaimed.

"Which is?"

"I know I'm going to regret this, but you can have what you want for the week."

"Babe, you don't have to; you won fair and square."

"I know, but I want to. You've done so much for me and I just want to feel like I've done something for you..." She explained, looking upset.

"But you already have! When you married me you gave me everything I could ever want, so now I'm the one making up for it." I stated, giving her a kiss.

"Aw, Joe..." She smiled, taking my hands in hers.

"Are you sure you want to let me have what I want?" I asked and she nodded, "Okay..."

"What do you want, Joey?" She questioned.

"Well-" I started but my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Oh my god, Joe!" Nick sobbed into the phone.

"What is it, bro?"

"How fast can you get to the hospital?"

"Like ten minutes, why?!"

"I'll tell you when you get here..."

"Dude, you're scaring me. What. Happened."

"I'll tell you when you get here!!! Please hurry." He stated and hung up.

"What is it?" Erin asked.

"We have to go meet Nick at the hospital."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

---

"What took you so long?" Nick questioned when we walked in.

"I got here as fast as I could, so tell me what happened!" I demanded.

"It's all my fault!" He cried, putting his head on my shoulder.

Erin and I exchanged worried looks as I awkwardly patted his shoulder, "I'm sure it's wasn't all your fault."

"Yes it was! She wanted to drive, but I didn't let her! I should be the one in there!" He wailed.

"Why didn't you let her drive?"

"Holy shit, Joe, that doesn't matter! What does matter is that if she was driving then maybe we wouldn't have been hit by a car running a red light or I would've been the one hurt, not her!"

"She'll be alright, Ni-"

"How can you say that?! You didn't even see how bad she looked or the crash! Don't say shit if you don't know it's true!"

"Calm down, okay? Being angry at me isn't going to do anything for her! You need to chill out and listen to me, Staci and the baby (or babies) are going to be fine."

"Bu-"

"Excuse me, Mr. Jonas," A doctor said, "But your wife is asking for you."

"Is she okay?" Nick asked.

"She has a few little scratches and a bruise or two, but other than that she's fine." The doctor explained.

"That's good." Nick said.

"Yeah, so if you'll follow me..." The doctor stated.

"Right, yeah." Nick nodded and they walked down the hall.

"I guess we're going to wait here?" I said in an asking tone.

"I guess..." Erin shrugged, walking towards the sitting area.

"So, how far along are you?" A lady sitting by herself asked Erin.

"Far along in what?" Erin questioned as seriously as she could, messing with the lady.

"Your pregnancy..." The lady said with a worried look on her face.

"What pregnancy?" Erin joked, still keeping up with the act.

"Uh..." The lady stuttered.

"I'm just kidding!" Erin stated, laughing.

"Oh, ha...ha ha....ha ha ha." She chuckled awkwardly until she was interrupted by a doctor who approached her.

"I'll be right back." Erin informed, getting up.

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

"Georgia!" She rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Where do think I'm going?"

"I don't know...Home?" I shrugged.

"'Cuz I would definitely leave you here." She shook her head and walked off towards the bathrooms.

I sighed and reluctantly picked up a magazine. It just so happened that it it had a picture of Nick, Staci, Erin, and I hanging out on the front cover. I flipped to the contents to find the page number of the article and turned to page sixty nine thinking about how Nick would crack up when I told him.

"Whatcha reading?" Erin asked when she got back.

"Us Weekly." I answered.

"Why?" She questioned.

"It was the first magazine I picked up and it had a picture of us and Naci on it." I explained.

"Oh." She nodded.

"It starts on page sixty nine." I smirked.

She rolled her eyes, "Like I said, you need to spend less time with Nick."

"Nah." I chuckled.

"Um, yeah." She insisted.

"Speaking of him..." I pointed out as he walked towards us, "So what's the verdict?"

"She's fine..." He informed.

"That's good." Erin said.

"Yeah, she wanted to talk to you so maybe you should go see her." He stated.

"Where is she?" Erin asked.

"Go down that hall then once you pass the nurses' station, it's the first door on the left." He explained.

"Okay." She nodded and walked off.

"So..." I started after he sat down.

"She was having triplets..."

"Triplets?!"

"Yeah, but one...well...you know...They aren't sure if the other two will be -are- one hundred percent alright." He said, putting his head in his hands. "This sucks, Joe."

"I'm sorry, bro. Maybe it was meant to be...Maybe the that one wasn't okay before and God thought it would be best letting you guys know now instead of later..." I suggested.

"Maybe." He shrugged, shaking a little, "This is all my fault. I can't-I just-I hate myself!"

"Don't say that! If anything, it's not your fault. It was either fate or who ever hit you guys' fault."

"I blame myself either way, because if she was driving then she would have been fine."

"You don't know that for sure."

"Stop being all philosophical, okay? I feel terrible and there is nothing you can do or say that will make me feel any better."

"Alright, I'll back off then."

"But-"

"Yeah?"

"I don't know. Ugh. This sucks, Joe."

"Sorry." Was all I could say. We sat there for a few minutes until Erin came back and Nick had to go sign papers so Staci could leave.

"Did you hear?" I asked.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"I feel so bad."

"Me, too."

"Alright we're ready to go." Nick announced when he walked up with Staci a few minutes later.

"Okay." I nodded.

Staci's POV

"Call me?" Erin asked, hugging me after they dropped us off.

"I will." I stated.

"Thanks for coming, bro." I heard Nick say to Joe when they hugged.

"No problem, dude." Joe said.

"Bye, Stacicakes." He gave a half smile and hugged me.

"Bye, Joeybear." I sniffled, hugging back.

"See ya, Curly." Erin waved.

"Later, Jersey." He sighed, pulling her into a hug.

We watched them drive off then headed inside.

"Erin said something about the fact that I'm just barely out of the first trimester so it could have been just a normal miscarriage that we didn't know about yet..." I suggested, walking to the kitchen.

"Joe said something like that too." He shrugged.

"Or it could be from my PCOS."

"Don't even, please. We both know it's my fault for not letting you drive..."

"Is this why you're so upset?"

"Not really."

"Nick, it is in no way you're fault." I said, wanting to cry.

"Yes it is!" He argued. "I should've-"

"Don't start, Nick. We both know it's not you're fault." I interrupted.

"But it is!!" He yelled.

"No it's not!" I shouted back, crying now.

"Baby, don't cry." He whispered, looking like he was on the verge of tears too.

"Than stop blaming this all on yourself!" I cried onto his shoulder.

"I can't help it! I feel terrible." He said shakily.

"Well don't." I sighed.

"It's not that easy!" He shook his head.

"Ugh!" I shouted, breaking free of his hold, "We need to move on, Nick. Joe and Erin are right, there's probably a reason for all of this."

"We can't just forget about one of our children, Staci!" He cried.

"I know that! Ugh, I just really need you to comfort me but you're just making me feel worse!"

"I'm sorry, but it's hard on me right now, too!"

"You're blaming yourself for no reason! It's not your fault!"

"Maybe it is! We don't know for sure!"

"And we never will so you cant hold it against yourself for the rest of your life!" I sat down at the table, "Maybe you should just go. I don't want to fight with you, Nick."

"But Staci-"

"Please just go."

He sighed angrily and left. I made myself a small dinner then headed up to bed, wishing he was still with me the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Comment! Subscribe! Add me? Check out my other stories I.E. Young Love and Looking For Love. Please!!!!! :) it would mean the world to me <3 once again thx to Jax and Staci!