Status: Who knows?

You Just Don't Know What the Future Holds

Surprise!

*a few months later*

Joe's POV

"Can you believe that in a week we'll have been married for a year?" I asked, playing with Erin's hair while we were sitting on the couch.

"Or that we're going to parents in, like, less than two months?" She countered, shifting a little so she was looking at me instead of the TV.

"Crazy, huh?" I questioned.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"So are you excited for your day of shopping with Staci?"

"I guess...What are you doing today?"

"I don't know yet..." I lied, but before she could say anything my phone vibrated. "They're here."

I helped her up and we walked towards the door. She put on her sweater, grabbed her bag, and we walked out.

"Hey guys." She greeted.

"Hi." Staci waved, getting out of her car.

"Wow, Jersey, I think you might be growing faster than Staci is." Nick chuckled.

"Ha ha ha, Curly, you're sooooooooooooo funny." She glared.

"I know I am." He smirked, "Sorry, Joe, I really wish I could stay, but I gotta run." He kissed Staci and waved before getting back in his car and leaving.

"Hey, do you think they'll let us use those special electrical wheelchairs?" Erin laughed while unlocking the doors to our new SUV.

"i doubt it, but you can ask." Staci answered, laughing too.

"I will!" Erin smiled. "Bye Joe!"

I waved and once they were out of sight, I hurried back inside and got to work.

Erin's POV

After I dropped Staci off at her house, I stopped by a pizza place and brought some home for dinner.

"Guess who's back!" I announced, walking in.

"Back again?" Joe questioned from the top of the stairs.

"Shady's back!" I said, chuckling.

"Tell a friend." He laughed, "Hey babe."

"Hey." I kissed his cheek, "I brought pizza."

"Oh cool, just let me wash up and I'll be right back." He stated and started up the stairs.

"Why do you have paint on your clothes?" I asked.

"Why are you wearing that jacket?" He scoffed, trying to be offended.

"Seriously!" I called.

"What; I can't wear lazy clothes while you're gone? I have to be fancy, huh? To be fancy, huh?" He yelled from the closet.

"Fancy, huh?" I asked.

"You know...the song...oh you fancy, huh, oh you fancy, huh..." He sang, walking back down.

"Don't try to change the subject!" I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"What subject? What are you talking about? How was shopping?"

"Joe!!"

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

"Seriously, why was there paint on your clothes?"

"Oh, because-hey, my mom called today and she's wants you to call her, like, right now!"

"Okay, let me borrow you're phone then; mine's dead."

"Wh-wh-why don't you just use the house phone."

"We don't have a house phone."

"Ju-ju-ju-just call her later then, I mean really what's the rush?"

"But you jus-"

"What's for pizza?!"

"Its dinner, Joe, what's for dinner. And the answer to that is pizza."

"Oh, right," He grabbed a piece from the box and stuffed it in his mouth, "Oahsfojsdofnehosdgfd!"

"Fine, whatever, don't talk to me."

"So, how was shopping."

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." I groaned and walked upstairs.

For the next few days I was barely home because 'someone always wanted to hang out.' I could understand that Joe was dumping me on everyone else so he could do something, but what was this important?!

Joe's POV

I finished putting the last few toys in the bin and breathed a sigh of relief; I had successfully finished changing the guest room into the baby's room. The walls were painted blue but with DEVON in white over the crib. It was all decorated and organized without Erin knowing. Somehow I found ways to keep her occupied all week so I could finish, and the only thing left to do was not let her see if for another twenty-four hours.

"Back!" She called.

"Hey, beautiful, did you have a good time?" I asked, kissing her cheek.

"I guess."

"You guess?"

"I don't know, I'm just wondering what you have planned to keep me out of the house tomorrow."

"Babe, tomorrow's our anniversary; there's no way you're going anywhere without me."

She shrugged and yawned, "I'm going to go change."

I nodded and turned the TV on. When she came back down in comfier clothes, she sat next to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Sort of...I feel funny, though." She frowned.

"Funny how?"

"I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions all day."

"Having whats?"

"They're faking contractions to get you ready for the real ones."

"Oh."

"Yeah, they're weird and annoying. And if I have another one I have to call my doctor-"

"Why?"

"You shouldn't have more than six in an hour and that was number six."

"Sorry."

"Its okay...Ugh, be right back."

"Bathroom?"

"When don't I have to pee."

"True." I laughed.

When she got back we wateched TV for a little, then went to bed. The next morning, we had a very chill beginning to our anniversary.

"I have a quick question..." I started while we were cuddling.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Is there a specific reason why you picked this date or...?" I questioned.

"I just like the date." She shrugged.

"So then you didn't choose it because it was the day we met?" I inquired.

"You remember the exact date?" She looked surprised.

"I thought you did too but I guess not!" I shook my head, laughing.

"Aw, Joey, that's so cute!" She smiled.

"What can I say? I'm a sentimental guy." I shrugged.

"Its very sexy." She giggled.

"Is it?" I asked, kissing her.

"Mmhmm except-" She interupted.

"Except you don't wanna." I finished, pulling away.

"Its not that." She shook her head.

"So you do wanna?" I questioned.

"Well I'm not gonna deny you it on our anniversary but I was hoping maybe we could do that later..." She shrugged.

"Oh, okay...That works." I nodded, smiling. She laughed and tried snuggling close. "You're so cuddly today!" I pointed out.

"Eh, I've been gone all week and you're really comfy!" She said, burying her face in my chest.

I laughed and we focused our attention on the show. Around dinner time I started to become really anxious to show her the room.

"How are you feeling?" I asked while I was cooking.

"I'm good, he's all playful of course." She answered, putting her hands on her stomach.

"Aw. Wait, so we're officially stealing Frankie's middle name?" I asked.

"Yup, its cute and he won't care. Plus I think it flows well: Devon Nathaniel Jonas."

"Yeah it is cute, but I'm not going to get into the initials thing."

"Why? What's wrong with them?"

"Nothing, you're just going to call me a dork."

"I won't."

"You will but I'll tell you anyway. His initials are D, N, and J, right? Well if you say them together its Dang which is short for Danger."

"Oh..."

"Just say it."

"Nah, I think its cute. I just have no understanding of how your brain strings that all together."

"Me neither." I chuckled and put her plate in front of her, "What would you like to drink?"

"Water, please." She answered.

"Here you go." I said, giving her a bottle and sitting down.

"Thanks." She stated.

"No, thank you." I smirked.

"For???" She questioned.

"Marrying me." I smiled.

She laughed, "You're welcome, I guess...Thanks for sticking with me."

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked.

"Because you could've married whoever you wanted!" She answered.

"But I did!" I said. She blushed and continued to eat.

After we finished eating and cleaned up, we debated on whether to eat the cake or not. We went with sharing a small piece and it was still pretty good. Once we were done with that, I decided it was time.

"Okay, so, I gotta showe you something upstairs!" I said.

"What?" She asked.

"Its a surprise." I smiled, "C'mon."

"Okay." She stated.

When we got up the stairs, I put one hand over her eyes and opened the door to the baby's room, "Ready?" She nodded, "Okay, look."

She opened her eyes and looked around the room, "Oh my god, did you do this?"

"Yup, do you like it?"

"I love it! Its so cute!" She sniffled.

"Well I'm glad you like it-babe, don't cry!"

"I can't help it!"

"Aw, come here." I said and sat on the rocking chair. She sat on my lap and kissed me.

"Its perfect, Joey."

"Yeah, and it was the perfect way to win." I smirked.

"Even if you did this just to win, I still love it! And, yes, you win." She smiled.

"I had a feeling you'd say that." I chuckled.

"I love you." She said, kissing my cheek.

"I love you, too. Now come on, you owe me!" I winked.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment! :)