Status: Completed

Do You Remember

...when we got the news?

It was such a long week. It felt like a month, or maybe a year, not just 7 measly days.
Neither of us went to work that week, we just wanted to spend as much time together as we could while we waited for the news. In fact, we hardly left our bed at all. We spent almost all of our time cuddling, chatting, wishing, hoping. I sang to you a lot that week as well. Happy, uplifting songs, and of course, love songs. We both tried to stay positive, I know that, but god it was hard. The only thing either of us wanted was good news. It was the only thing we had ever prayed for before.

We were both so nervous heading back to the doctor’s clinic. I know I said it felt like that week went on forever, but in another part of my mind, I had hoped that it wouldn’t end. I didn’t want to go back if we were going to hear bad news.

But still, we had to, one way or another.

I could feel my heart thumping in my chest. I could hear it too. My hands were sweaty and shaking and I’m positive you could feel it as you gripped my right hand so tightly it felt like you were crushing all the bones inside.

The hard plastic seat of the waiting room was uncomfortable, but I knew it must’ve been so much worse for you. You had to sit bolt upright to avoid it hurting your back anymore. Your knee was bouncing in anticipation and I could see the fear and worry in your eyes. Your face must’ve mirrored mine, because I know we were both feeling the same.

My heart stopped for a second, and restarted, beating irregularly in my chest as Dr Moustache stood in the doorway. With a perfect poker face and a casual stance, the sight of him gave me slight hope that everything would be okay.

He beckoned us forward into his office. A flick of his hand silently invited us to sit and we did so, cautiously.

I took a second to look around Dr Moustache’s office (during which, I found out his name was actually Dr Maurone, not Dr Moustache), before I looked up to the doctor’s face. Grave grey eyes glanced between you and me and he sighed heavily before he opened his mouth to speak.

I took a deep breath in.

“I’m sorry.”

My breath came out in a rush as quickly as my heart broke.

“Addison has Osteosarcoma.”

“What’s that?” you whispered, and grabbed my hand. You squeezed it tight and I could tell, even without looking at you, that you were fighting back tears.

“It is a fairly rare tumour that usually only effects young men…”

“That doesn’t tell me shit! Can you fix it?!” you yelled suddenly.

Dr Maurone looked un-phased by your outburst but spoke in an apologetic voice, “It is a highly malignant cancer and it may have already spread to other parts of your body. We’ll have to do some more testing to find out. I’m very sorry. I’ll give you a minute to yourselves.”

As soon as he left the room, you threw yourself on me, and kissed me harshly. I could tell you were crying; your cheeks were wet when I reached up to take your face in my hands.

You pulled away, “Joshy, I love you so much. I don’t want to leave you,” you gasped desperately.

My eyes spilled over as well, and soon we were both complete messes, clutching each other and sobbing.

“You won’t be leaving me, baby. You won’t. We’ll always be together. I promise. I love you so much.”

It was then that I made up my mind; that I would keep my promise, no matter what. I stand by my words. We won’t be separated. I love you way too much to live without you.
♠ ♠ ♠
:( :( :(

Please comment & subscribe. Only 2 more chapters left.

Thank you to:
megzor
Booboobex
BlackRosesBleedBlack
super nova.
AshlynnLyrix

for commenting and everyone who has read or subscribed. You guys are awesome.