Status: Slow Updates

You're the Light on the Dark Side of Me

Crash

“You have to come Paty it’s going to be awesome!” Colin insisted.

“I don’t know I have something planned out with Jared.” I said.

“You never miss a concert, come on it’s Friday night! Ask Jared to come it would be so important for me and the guys after all it was your idea to create some kind of group activity.” Colin almost pleaded.

“When I said group activity I meant like riding bikes not create a rock bad that kicks ass.” I smiled.

“Please.” Colin said.

“But… last time didn’t go so well.” I said.

The last time I had taken Jared to a concert from Colin’s band “Black Crosses” it didn’t end well not just because of Jared and Colin’s affairs but for the mess that was still alive around Jared leaving the front man place of the band. Colin was the guitarist, Shannon who was Jared’s brother was the drummer, Tomo a friend of ours was the bassist and Matt our big bear was the current lead singer thanks to Jared who found him. Everything was going great but as always Colin had to tease Jared, they used to be best friends but when Jared and I started dating things between Jared and Colin were unstoppable, every time they were together a fight took place.

“I promise I’ll keep my mouth shut.” Colin said resting his hand in his chest over his heart.

“Oh okay sunshine.” I smiled and Colin instantly hugged me.

“Then see ya later.” Colin said smiling brightly.

“Bye.” I waved.

~~3 pm~~

I breathed in and out nervously, it was time for my dance audition and this was a big deal it meant a place on the most accomplished arts school of N.Y and Jared hadn’t arrived like he promised. I closed my eyes for a moment while my knees were up to my chest and my head rested in them.

“Patrícia, are you okay?” Lisa my teacher asked sitting beside me.

“I’m fine.” I said smiling weakly.

“He’ll be here, he promised.” She said smiling back.

“Patrícia Valentine.” A young man called from inside the room.

There everything became real, my legs started to shake and I took perfect conscience of the importance of what I was about to do, my whole future was bonded to this moment, failing wasn’t an option. I had fought against everyone’s will specially my parents who hoped for a better job for their only daughter, all of my friends saw dancing like a hobby while I saw it like my passion and Jared my boyfriend for almost 3 years was the only one who saw this like I did, we both had ambitious dreams.

“Patrícia Valentine!” The man called again impatiently.

“I’m here.” I said almost in a whisper.

He nodded with his head and stepped inside.

“PATY!” A very familiar voice yelled.

I turned my head to where the sound had come from when two arms embraced my body, a pair of lips kissing mine. I smiled wrapping my own arms around his neck.

“Sorry I’m late, sorry, sorry.” Jared whispered caressing my face kissing my lips sweetly.

“It’s okay, I was just called.” I smiled.

“Break a leg!” Jared said kissing me again.

I smiled and I entered the room where 4 judges were sitting.

“Hello Patrícia.” The same man who had called me said, he somehow resembled to Simon Cowell in the way he spoke to people.

“Good afternoon.” I replied politely.

“So what are you going to show us?” He asked obviously thinking I was a major failure.

“A piece based on ballet and classic music.” I said keeping short in words.

He nodded with his head, smirking while the music started, one of many Mozart’s symphonies started, my feet gained life of their own and the ballerina within me came out. I moved swiftly, my eyes catching the glimpse of a figure on the window observing my audition I turned around again gracefully to see Jared with his mouth open just observing. I smiled and the song ended.

“Thank you Patrícia.” The same man said his smirk getting wider while all the other judges looked at each other with expressions that I couldn’t figure if could mean bad or good things.

That afternoon, I was walking back home with a couple of books in hand when a car pulled beside me on the highway.

“Hi love.” Jared said opening the door and stepping out.

“Hi honey.” I smiled throwing one arm around his neck while his arms went around my waist bringing me closer to him.

He kissed me sweetly smiling while I stood in my tiptoes to reach him, Jared opened the door for me and stopped in front of my house.

“So is tonight still up?” Jared asked turning to me his hand resting in my thigh.

I bit my lip nervously while my grip on my books got tighter.

“Come on we should celebrate!” Jared said excitedly.

“Hun I know we were supposed to go to the movies but… Colin begged me for…” I started.

“I knew it! Colin had to be in this as always!” Jared said cutting me off starting to get furious.

“Hey calm down, he just invited us for a small gig.” I said.

“Paty are you insane? I was a part of that band but thanks to your friend I’m not anymore so if you want to go to their gig, then go!” Jared said furiously his eyes getting wider.

“Oh yeah?” I asked.

“Damn sure yeah!” Jared spat back.

“Fine! Here’s your present, happy anniversary, I just wanted us to do something different for a little change! You have to grow up and forget what happened!” I yelled getting out the car furiously, getting inside my house slamming the door behind me.

“Honey something wrong?” My mother asked holding a large bowl in her hand she was probably making some kind of cake.

“No mamma, the same stuff.” I sighed hugging her.

“How did the audition go?” She asked trying to change the subject.

“Good, I guess.” I said going up the stairs to my room.

That night I wasn’t feeling like going to the concert, without Jared it wouldn’t be any fun and it would even be worse with us mad at each other. I sighed not knowing what to do, I wouldn’t be the one saying sorry because I was proud but if I didn’t our anniversary would be ruined.

“Paty!” I heard someone call from outside.

I opened my window and I looked down to see Jared standing in my grass with a huge branch of flowers in his arms.

“I’m sorry!” He yelled.

I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Nice way of having an anniversary.” I said placing my elbows on the edge of the window.

“Paty please…” Jared pleaded.

“I said I was sorry…” Jared pouted.

I smiled at him as I closed the window and put some converse on and then I ran down the stairs.

“Patrícia!” My father’s voice echoed as I entered the kitchen.

“Hi dad.” I said as he kissed my forehead.

“Do I need to punch someone?” He asked as my mom shook her head.

“No need dad. If someone needs a punch I’ll be the one giving.” I smiled.

My dad couldn’t stand the thought of having his daughter hurt by a guy, he would rather lock me out of the world than see me cry but that’s just life.

“Don’t worry okay?” I asked kissing his forehead as he smiled weakly at me.

I waved at them and I opened my front door to find Jared still staring at my window. I ran towards him jumping on his back laughing.

“I’m sorry, I really am.” Jared said.

“It’s okay, we should be happy after all 4 years together is a long time.” I said as he set me down carefully and embraced me tightly.

He pulled a few inches away kissing me deeply, my arms wrapped around his neck as I stood in my tiptoes.

“So…” Jared started when we pulled apart and he took two tickets from his back pocket.

“Oh! I can’t believe it! Thanks hun!” I said excitedly hugging him tightly.

Minutes later we were entering a small coffee shop where the guys were already preparing the instruments and the stage.

“Hi guys.” I greeted hugging everyone.

“Where’s Danny?” I asked looking around for my favorite blondie.

“In the back.” Tomo said.

“I’m gonna go get her okay?” I whispered at Jared whose grip on my hand loosened.

“Paty!” Danny yelled when she saw me.

“Hi girl!” I yelled back hugging her as we smiled.

“I’m surprised, I thought you weren’t coming.”

“I convinced Jared.” I said high-fiving her as we winked at each other.

We walked back and we were in the front row with Jared beside me, suddenly the guys entered everyone cheering loudly for them.

“Hello N.Y! This is Fire!” Matt shouted as the song started everyone jumping around singing along.

After about an hour of concert they were reaching the end.

“This is our last song, thanks for coming. This song is called “Close no matter How Far” and we want to dedicate it to our couple of friends Paty and Jared who celebrate 4 years together. This one if for you guys!” Colin shouted smiling.

I felt Jared tense up beside me and everyone sang along with their arms in the air.

“Sis! How’s my drumming?” Shannon after the gig ended.

“Awesome! You kicked some serious ass.” I said smiling at him as I turned around looking for Jared.

I looked behind Shannon to find Jared and Colin in a corner almost fighting.

“You tried to take her away from us but you can’t!” Colin spat furiously.

“She’s my girlfriend and you have to learn to accept it you idiot!” Jared said closing his hand into a fist and making it collide with Colin’s jaw.

Colin stumbled back a few feet but he gave him right back with another punch hitting his lip making Jared bleed.

“NO!” I yelled.

“STOP!” I yelled louder trying to pull Jared apart from Colin.

Matt followed with Shannon behind as they grabbed Colin and Jared.

“Jay enough!” I yelled as his eyes focused on Colin.

“Let me get him!” He spat madly trying to get free from Shannon’s grip.

“Stop please. STOP!” I yelled as I grabbed his face and forced him to look into my eyes.

“Sorry.” He said as Shannon released him.

“I’m… sorry Paty but I have to go.” He said kissing me passionately and then storming off.

“JARED!” I called running after him but he was faster.

I exited the coffee shop to see his car already far on the road.

“Shannon come on. Hurry!” I yelled as everyone also ran outside getting into the different cars.

After a few miles we found the car on fire on the middle of the road.

“JARED!” I yelled exiting the car and running towards Jared’s car.

I didn’t care if the flames would burn me I just wanted to take Jared out, I was able to see him, I stretched my arms forward in pure despair as my skin started hurting.

“Paty NO!” Matt yelled grabbing my arms trying to pull me back.

“NO! LET ME HELP HIM!” I spat in his arms moving my legs and arms trying to get free.

“NO!” I yelled as Matt tried to calm me down as he grabbed me tightly.

The fireman showed up a few minutes later and they were able to take Jared out before the car exploded. The ambulance came right after but all their faces were very serious.

“I want to go with him.” I said feeling my face wet and I knew that it was from the tears.

“I’m afraid you can’t, you need to come in the other ambulance. You are injured.” A paramedic informed pushing me lightly by my elbow towards an ambulance.

I glanced at Jared’s body lying inside the other ambulance as tears threatened to leave my eyes again after all it was my entire fault. If I hadn’t taken him to the gig none of this would have happened.

“Paty…” Shannon said.

“I’m going with him don’t worry he’ll be fine.” He assured smiling as he ran inside Jared’s ambulance.

The paramedic smiled down at me and injected something into my veins.

“Don’t worry, rest.” He said as I started to see everything very blurry.

I closed my eyes and I fell into deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story begins in the past but at some point it will pick up a few years later, so the images in the character's page are from the present/future.
This story is going to be updated very slowly because I have another three stories and this one was supposed to come after one of the others ended but I couldn't help myself :P
I am really looking forward to hear everyone's thoughts and theories! So please comment and subscribe.