Status: Working on it.

Love the Way You Lie

Chapter 01

I walked down the streets of Roswell and spotted a peculiar cafe just across the street called The Crashdown. I arched an eyebrow but gave into the temptation and walked into the cafe.

It was just four hours away to Christmas and I had just finished shopping for Christmas gifts for Eric and friends back in Bon Temps.

I didn't want to move here to Roswell but it was the only place the others wouldn't find for me.

It was Eric's idea to come here - in some small way to show me how much he cares.

"Welcome to the Crashdown, specials are on the board. I'll be with you in a minute," a waitress greeted before running off to hand another customer his order.

The place was packed with people - mostly the town's people, judging by their outfits.

"Can I take your order?" Another waitress - a blonde - asked with her notepad and pen.

"I'll have the Christmas special," I answered as she nodded and headed off towards the kitchen.

Laughters filled the place. Everyone was excited for tomorrow. I couldn't help but to feel excited with them - it was part of this gift I had since I was young.

"Fancy meeting you here," a mocking high-pitched voice caused me to jump a little from my seat.

I turned to my left to see my ex-boyfriend Damon Salvatore. I opened my mouth to say something but couldn't find the right words.

His lips twitched sideways and rolled his eyes.

"Don't pretend to be surprised, Nicky," he took a sip off his coffee. "We both knew I would find you like I swore I would."

"Why?" I said through gritted teeth and relaxed a little when the waitress placed the plate on in front of me.

"I promised that I would find you and that we could be together," he turned to me, his face showed no signs of amusement. "And I never break my promise."

"I said we're through, Damon. Please just leave me alone."

I have lost my appetite to eat anything anymore. Just looking at him made my heart thump with joy.

"Why did you leave me, Nicky?" His serious face is replaced with a mocking pout. "Or rather, what did you leave me for?"

I didn't look up at him, just kept staring at my food. I could feel the anger radiating of off him. And the hatred - it felt terrible.

"Oops," Damon covered his mouth with a small smirk. "Did I hit a nerve?"

"Damon, leave me alone," I shut my eyes when I felt the anger grew hotter with each passing second.

"You left me for that vampire didn't you?" he leaned forward and whispered.

Before I knew it, he reached out to grab a hold of my hand and kissed the top of it. It caused my heart to tear.

"You left me because I was fragile," he looked deep into my eyes and leaned down to whisper into my ears. "I'm different now. We can be together - forever."

He was right; he was different in so many ways unimaginable. I couldn't quite get it but when I saw the look in his eyes - I knew.

I jerked my hands away from him with watery eyes and shook my head.

"Tell me you didn't," my voice trembled with fear but when he answered me with an evil smirk, I knew I was right.

I quickly stood up and grabbed the gifts I had before throwing the cash onto the table. Just before I could rush out of the cafe, Damon grabbed my arm with force, causing me to drop my things down onto the ground.

"Is there a problem here?" I turned to see the sheriff standing by with two guys and a girl my age looking at us.

"Nope," Damon let go of my arm and helped me pick up the gifts and whispered again. "You can run but you can't hide. And tell Eric that I'll be seeing him real soon."

My body shuddered with the threat but I quickly ran out of the place as fast as I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. Comments are appreciated! (: