Status: Working on it.

Love the Way You Lie

Chapter 02

Damon stared ahead at nothing in particular as a woman he barely knew danced erotically before him. He had just met her this afternoon by the sidewalk in Roswell and decided that she would be his dinner tonight.

She would be his plaything.

But after he met Nicky at The Crashdown just now, he didn't feel like doing anything at all.

And just like that, the memories he tried to keep for so long came rushing into his thoughts like a wave of tsunami.

+++


The shining stars looked beautiful under the midnight sky as both Veronica and Damon laid down in the middle of the meadow. They had their hands up in the air, counting the millions of stars, laughing and having the time of their life.

Damon reached out and took her hands in his and they both stared at each other with nothing but love in their eyes.

Sure, they had an age gap of what - five years apart?

None of that mattered - not that night anyway.

"You mean everything to me," Damon looked away from her.

No words could top that phrase. So Veronica leaned down and placed her lips on his and they started making out. Just then, her cellphone rang viciously. They continued making out but the more she ignored the call, the more it felt like the phone was going to kill someone anytime soon with its ferocious vibrations.

She sighed and pulled away from him and he groaned and laid his head back down on the mat below them. She answered the phone and started arguing with her mother.

"I'm not a kid anymore, mother. You should stop treating me like a kid," she sighed in frustration.

She felt Damon sat behind her and he started to massage her back gently, giving little kisses on her neck. It made her smile a little. She talked a little more on the phone before hanging up with a loud exasperated sigh.

"Your mother still refuse to accept me, huh?" Damon tried to joke but sounded a little hurt.

Veronica had to assure him that she would never leave him - no matter what happens.

She turned and cupped his perfectly-sculpted face with her hands and kissed his lips tenderly for a few seconds before pulling away and looking deep into his eyes.

"I love you," she insisted and smiled at him. "And if my mother cannot see that, then we'll elope."

"For real?" Damon playfully frowned and she hit him softly on his chest causing him to laugh out and wrapped her in a bear hug.

"I love you too." he whispered.


+++

The woman was making her way towards him, her hands sliding their way up to his crotch with a playful smile on her face. But just as she was about to touch his manhood - his vampire senses kicked in and he reached out and grabbed her hands in fury.

She jumped from shock and shut her eyes with fear.

Damon looked at her exposed white neck, resisting the urge to drain her dry.

He hated the fact that this pathetic humans now know that vampires are not a made-up story -- that vampires are real and that they don't drink from humans anymore now that Tru Blood is made. Also, most of these walking dead people who claimed themselves to be vampires are too nice to the humans; hell, if people thought Edward Cullen was a shame to his kind, they were wrong.

Because of these two tiny but infuriating facts, most of these ape-like creatures do not fear his kind anymore.

If only they knew what Tru Blood was really made of.

"Please drink from me," the woman begged and he frowned.

"Why would I want to drink from you?" he played with his 'food'.

Even though these creatures annoy him to no end, he still find it amusing how most of them would do just about anything to be like him. Either that, or they just love the endorphins a vampire bite release.

But before she could answer him, his teeth was replaced with canines and he sunk his fangs into her neck, covering her mouth with his hands causing her scream to be inaudible.

She sruggled to break free but he was far stronger than she was. After all, he is a vampire.

He drank and drank until her heartbeat almost stopped. He pulled out and dropped her unconsious body onto the floor. Standing up, he wiped his mouth and stared out into the dark sky on Christmas morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Late update, I know. Sorry about that!
Comments are appreciated! ((: