Status: Finally finished it. yay!

Catherones

chapter three

“ How long are you going to take?” Kaou said while I was cooking in the suprisingly nice kitchen. “W- what? I’ve only been cooking for 5 minutes. Do you have some super fast chef at your house or something?” I asked closing in on him, giving him teasing stares. He blushed and turned away,” N-no, I’m just hungry,” he said. I giggled and returned to cooking. Kaou set the table with plates and other utencils shortly after, 'cause he got bored.

After dinner I sat down on the floor and he joined me. “ So, Kaou. How old are you?” I asked looking at him dead in the eye. He looked right back at me, " I’m 18. You?” He asked nudging me. “ I am.... 17,” I said teasing him. ” So tell me why your parents think your a disgrace to the family,” Kaou said looking at me dead in the eye. I turned away from him and gazed into the fire. ” My family has always....wanted things. But I have never wanted things. I was told to pick a evil deed for the village that my family owns. I told them I didn’t want to do an evil deed. All they requested was evil, so I’ve never done them. Soon they stopped treating me as they’re own, and started treating me as a slave. They knew they could because I wasn’t going to rat on my family, and because they know that I don’t want the throne. So they took advantage of that. I was a disgrace because I never yelled, I never complained and I always had a smile on my face no matter how much they treated me bad. I wasn't their kind.” I explained.

I Iooked back at him and I can feel the heat rushing up my cheeks,he was right in front of my face! “ Hey what are you-” I started saying but he was leaning...leaning...leaning... and our lips met. His lips were warm and kind, it was like his lips were inviting me to. So I allowed him too. After a few seconds, he and I pulled away. Our foreheads touched. “Sorry, that was my... uh.... first kiss,” Kaou said embarrassed. I giggled. “ Mines too,” I said getting up. “To sleep shall we?” Kaou said. “ Yeah,”I said.

We allowed the sleep take us away. I never wished to leave. I wanted to stay there, with Kaou, peacefully.
-------------------------------------------

“ Huh? Where am I?” I shouted as I got up from laying down. All I saw around me was darkness. I was frightened by how familiar this darkness was. In my head, It was all leading down to Kaou but I just can’t believe it. I had a very strange feeling that Kaou has a deep dark secret that he isn’t telling me about. I looked to my right and a face popped out. It was a lady’s face, covered in blood and she looked so.... dead. Then she screamed on and on. I screamed too.

---------------------------------------------

“Why are you screaming?” Kaou said getting up alarmed. “ What? Oh. Good. A dream. Only a dream-” I said taking in the dream slowly, thinking of what it meant. A dark secret. A secret he wants nobody to know.” Kaou,” I said.

“ What?” He twitched as I said his name. “ Your hinding something from me,” I said. “ N-no I’m not,” He said surprised. “ Your lying,” I simply said. But my mind was not “simple” it was complicated. I feel like there’s a string between us, pulling and pulling. And allowing- no, forcing us to give out hints about ourselves. And that’s exactly what’s happening to him. His past is forcing themselves for me to hear, and he’s hiding a dark secret. A very dark secret.

“ How did you know?” He asked. “ I just know! What are you-” A scream shattered the quiet. Not just “scream” actually, it’s “screams” . I was going to leave until he gabbed my hand. “ Okay, you want to know? I’m a vampire, happy? I’m a blood thirsty being who humans can’t stand! That’s why I didn’t want you to know! I didn’t want you to run. I didn’t want to keep a secret but I wanted to keep you!” Kaou just broke down in tears holding me, hugging me. I sighed. “ That was all? I love you for who you are,not what you are, silly,” I said. He stood up and wiped his tears. “ One quick question. How old are you really?” I asked. “ The age I told you,” he said looking away. “The age- Come on, your real age.” I said nudging him. “Fine. Vampire age? 5 years. Human? As I told you, 18,”He said. “Okay... So that means you had just turned into a vampire..,” I thought for a minute,” at age 13?!” I gasped. “So young! What happened?” I asked closing in on him. “ H-hey! I was shot okay?,” he said blushing. I laughed “ Your really secretive,” I said.

We heard screams again. “ Hey, what was that?” I said holding on to Kaou. “Now I think your keeping a secret,” Kaou said eyeing me. “ Okay, the quick version,” I explained it all to him. “People are dying-fast,” Kaou said getting up and soon he was out the door. “W-wait! Don’t leave me!” I screamed and then followed closed behind him, grabbing his shirt. I followed him through cliffs- which I never knew we’re even there, and through the.... forest? I didn’t ask questions but I was sure curious. For one thing, I was thinking ” If we’re going this far then how could we hear a scream that loud?”Then Kaou stopped dead right at the top of a hill, making me walk right into him. “H-hey! What’s wrong-” I peered over his shoulders, now I know what was wrong. A village was nearby and it was... it was... it was being burnt down! “W-what is this?” I exclaimed going down the hill towards the village. “ Wait! Calm down! Don’t go!” He shouted but didn’t come after me. “ They’re here for you!” he shouted. I whisked around. “ What? How are they here for-” I started. “ It’s your family. They’re doing that to get you back. You can’t go.” Kaou interrupted suddenly behind me and grabbing my arm to stop me.

“ Innocent people are dying for me! I can’t let them just die for someone they don’t know, let alone care about! I have to!” I screamed and got my arm out of his grasp. I ran down the hill as fast as I could. I got close enough to see what was happening. “ Where is our heir to the throne?” a solider grabbed a woman’s hair. “ I-I don’t know what you are talking about! J-just please spare my child!” The woman held on to her baby boy as tightly as she could. Heir to the throne? Me? They’re lying! My thoughts roared. The solider raised his sword and- “ Stop!” I screamed. That stopped the solider and everyone else. “ I,the youngest daughter of the

"Catherones asks you to stop! I surrender just please, please. Don’t hurt anymore innocents. Please, I beg of you,” I got down on my knees and beg. “ Heh. About time you showed up,” The solider snickered. He grabbed my hair and started dragging me. “ Hey, boys! We got ourselves a feast tonight!” He raised me like I was a dead trophy that was going to be sacrificed. Well I guess I am going to be sacrificed- to the Catherones. I had a very bad pain in my stomach like I was just hit by a bulldozer, everything turned fuzzy and blurry. And all I saw was black. I guess you can say I had the lights knocked out of me.

I woke up handcuffed in a carriage. Then the carriage stopped which sent me flying to hit my head on the other side of the carriage. And then landed on the floor of the carriage. “Ow....,” I moaned and didn’t even bother to get up. Suddenly the back of the carriage opened up. “ Rise and shine dead meat.” I recognized that voice, it was that solider. He dragged me out of the carriage and into the mansion. He dragged me all the way to the “judging” room. All the soliders were there- and of course my “oh so rich”family.

“ We come here today to announce our Reunion with our dear family member,” my father announced , don’t get fooled, he always seems nice at first.” And to enjoy our reunion with our dear family member- our ’runaway’, let’s decide when is her execution is,” my father smiled. “Oh! I know! Halloween daddy!” My sister Evanjaline said very excited. “ Well it’s decided! Halloween it is!” My father said leaving.

I was dragged to the dungeon. Yes, our mansion has a dungeon. “ Heh, tomorrow's your last day of life,” a solider snickered. “ Yay! woo-hoo!” I said sarcastically. The solider came up to me and slapped me, then left. I was so tired that I fell asleep. I know what you’re thinking a girl who’s about to be executed going to sleep without hesitation? Well truth is I knew one day or another this was going to happen eventually.

I woke up by the sounds of footsteps. “ Hm? Morning already?” I moaned. “ Shh!” I heard a familiar voice say. “ K-Kaou?” I whispered in surprise. “ Yeah, wait...,” he bent the dungeon bars enough for me to fit through. “ Come, hurry,” he urged. I did as instructed. He stuck his hands through the bars and left something. “ Okay, let’s go,” Kaou said holding my arm. “ Come on. Uh.... here, let me carry you,” He held out his arms. I allowed him to carry me and off we went. He was fast-even with carrying me. He took so long that I fell back asleep.

“ Sophie. Sophie?” I heard a voice call out to me. “ Huh?” I said half asleep. I heard a laughter. Of course it was Kaou’s. “ Come on, it’s time for you execution,” Kaou said. “M-hm,” I said climbing onto his back like a child. He let me ride on him until we got to the front the mansion. There was a crowd roaring. “ Yeah! It’s about time!” I heard some citizen yell. I felt Kaou’s grasp tighten. “ It’s okay, I’m used to it,” I whispered in his ear. That made him loosen his grasp. Then something really caught my eye. I was on the execution table when I’m down here! I mean I see myself on the execution table but I’m not! “ Hey-” I started. “ It’s a magic bean that can morph into somebody that it’s planter tells it too,” Kaou said. I guess he knows me well enough to know that I would be asking that question.

Kaou made me watch my “duplicate’s” head get chopped off. “ Gross.” I said. Kaou made me face him. He looked at me dead in the eye. Then hugged me? “ Do you know what this means?” He asked. “ Um. No?”I said. “ It means that your free of your family! Your free! Finally free..,” He said. He leaned closer....closer..... and our lips meet once again.

--------------------------------

“Mommy! Mommy! Tell it again! Again!” Karin said.

“No, no sweetheart, it’s time for bed” I kissed Karin on the head and tucked her in.

“ Goodnight princess Sophie,” Karin said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehehe... I'll admit, I got a little lazy editing this chapter. Sorry. -.-"'