Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Surprise!

The next morning, I called my best friend Jenna. At first she started freaking out because she was so worried about me since she heard about my accident. Sadly, my accident is in all the local newspapers...fun.
I told her to come over, if she doesn't mind doing absolutely nothing. She said she'd be over asap and hung up on me. I just laughed at the dead phone.
I was at the table, eating the bacon Sidney made for breakfast, when Jenna burst into our house and slid into the kitchen. Sidney and I both just stared at her, our jaws slightly slack and open because we were eating, and shocked.
Her dark brown eyes met both of us in turn and she grinned happily. "Hi!" She called and Sidney and I both recovered ourselves, starting to laugh.
"Hey, Jenna." I said to her as she hugged me quickly. Being hugged didn't hurt like it did yesturday, so I was fine with it. "You sure got here fast." I said as she stood up. "And your hair is longer." Her dark hair reached straight down to the middle of her back.
"Of course! I had to come see my friend who I haven't seen since Christmas and who just got seriously hurt!"
I rolled my eyes at her, but smiled. "I'm fine. Just a little banged up." I said, eating a bacon.
She gave me a look. "A little banged up is an understatement. Look at your head!" She called and I grumbled.
"Yes, yes. I know I have a cute cut along my hairline." I said, not happy about it. Thankfully my hair covered it nicely.
Sidney cleared his throat and we both looked at him. "Hi Sid!" Jenna called and quickly hugged him too. "Sorry about not saying anything sooner." She said with a grin and I laughed as I hauled myself up to put my plate in the sink.
Sidney shrugged and smiled. "It's cool. Friends come before friends brother." He said playfully.
The smile on Jenna's face was absolutely huge and I chuckled silently to myself. She turned to look at me and I just smiled, biting my lip to hold back my laughs. She shrugged and sat down in the chair. "So, how are you guys? It seems like I haven't seen you in years!"
I limped back to the table and sat down. "Long months, eh?" I asked her and we laughed. "You know how I am."
She nodded and looked to Sidney. "How are you, superstar?" She asked Sidney and I was grining stupidly.
Sidney humored her, as he often did. "I'm great." He said, getting up and heading to the sink. "Still getting used to the idea that I won the Cup." He said thoughtfully.
I cleared my throat. "WE won the Cup." I corrected him and Jenna laughed.
Sidney looked at me. "Excuse me, I stand corrected." He said, his tone was sarcastic, so I threw his hat that was on the table at him. He ducked and laughed and I glared.
"I WAS apart of that team, even if I didn't play a lot in the Playoffs." I grumbled to him and he came over to hug me.
"I know, Sierra." He said, standing up again. "I was just messing around with you." He smiled his 'forgive me' smile and I sighed, waving him away as my way of accepting his apology.
He stalked off out of the kitchen and I looked at Jenna. "Brothers, they are so annoying." I said and we grinned at each other.
"Don't say that!" She said. "You love him."
I nodded. "Yes, I do. Doesn't mean I still don't find him annoying at times." We both laughed.
Jenna's eyes lit up with sudden realization; or rememberance. "OH!" She called just as my butt vibrated. (My phone is in my back pj pocket.) "So what's this thing with you and your goaltender?" She asked, her eyes sparked with curiousity.
I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?" I asked her just as I read the text, that happened to be from Marc-Andre.
It read, Have you seen the newspaper this morning? I looked up to Jenna and replied no. "The newspaper? Do you have it?" I asked her.
She shook her head but went around the corner to hand us our newspaper. "It was on your driveway, so I picked it up." She said.
I quickly took it and noticed one of the smaller headlines. Crosby & Fleury? pg 14. My jaw dropped and I quickly flipped to the page. Jenna came over and read over my shoulder.
On the page, was a picture of me and Marc-Andre on the plane, both asleep. Our hands in each others, and my head on his shoulder. "For the love..." I mumbled and Jenna hushed me and read the passage out loud.
"On the plane from Pittsburgh to Toronto, Sierra Crosby, twin to the hockey superstar Sidney Crosby, sat next to the Penguins' goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury. The two are seen here sleeping, holding hands, and leaning onto each other. Is there a secret romance between the two hockey players? The man who took this photo thinks so. 'They both looked so peaceful, and I'm sure they were definately not expecting someone to take a picture of them; even though they are Stanley Cup champions. They seemed quite comfortable, and I'm sure they wouldn't be holding hands if nothing was going on.'"
I moaned and Jenna kept reading. "The photo was taken without permission, so the man had to face consequences by paying a fine; but the now rumors are too good to not mention. If there is something going on between these two Penguins', it would make some fans pretty happy; but others would be disappoined at the stars' relationship status."
Jenna let out a long breath and said, "Wow." I moaned again and looked at her.
"You have got to be kidding me." I mumbled and texted Marc-Andre, saying that I had read it.
Jenna looked at me. "So?" She asked me, leaning against the table.
"So what?" I asked her, not really wanting to get into this. But knowing Jenna, she will not leave it alone.
"So, what's going on?" She asked again.
I sighed. "There isn't anything going on.." I almost said yet and I felt myself turn warm from blushing.
Jenna giggled. "But. There is a but!" She exclaimed and I narrowed my eyes at her.
"But... I..." I grinded my teeth, and blushed a bright red. "But I do really like him." I whispered and she squealed in joy.
"Oh! That is so awesome! To be honest with you Erra, I think you and Mr. Fleury would be perfect for each other. And he is french! FRENCH!" She said and I couldn't help but laugh at her.
"Yeah, yeah. But it doesn't mean he doesn't like me back." I mumbled, feeling very disappointed.
Jenna placed her hand on my shoulder and I looked up at her. "Darling, he obviously likes you. He held your hand, he gave you his sweater." I gave her a shocked look and she grinned. "Of course I know! I make it my job to know." Her grin was almost wicked and I laughed. "Anyways, it is pretty clear he likes you. I mean, really. You two just need a push." She said just as my phone vibrated again.
What do we do? The text asked. I looked at Jenna and she raised an eyebrow. "Reply by saying nothing. Something will give you guys too much attention. And that is not what you need right now, especially since you need to figure things out." The glint in her eye amused me and I replied to Marc-Andre by saying, We do nothing.
He replied quickly. He said, Ok, call me later when you can. I hope you are feeling better. I smiled to myself at the text and Jenna got up.
"You need some fresh air." Sidney said, coming down the stairs and opened the back door that led to our dock. "And I want to go fishing." He said.
I grinned at him. "Go fishing then. I can't go out there, so you have to go yourself."
Sidney looked at me. "Oh, I know." He said, grabbing his fishing things and heading to our little boat that was docked.
I stood up. "Well, shall we?" I asked her, beckoning to the door.
She smiled. "Sure. I would love to take in the fabulous sight of Grand Lake." She said, following me out the door. "It must be great to be in this gated community, where you are right on the huge lake."
I nodded. "It is nice, and peaceful. The water is also very calming." I said, watching Sid push off and he floated in the lake. "I think that is why he picked here."
Jenna nodded. "I don't blame him. I'd live here too if I had the money." She said and I nudged her.
"This place isn't really that expensive. Only the fact we are gated off makes it more pricey." I reasoned with her.
She shrugged. "Oh well." She smiled and I sat down at the edge of the dock, putting my feet in the chilly water.
"Ahhh, the water feels nice and cold." I said and Jenna followed my example.
"You can call your goalminder friend, if you'd like." She said, that same goofy, evil glint in her eyes.
I pushed her gently and we both laughed. I looked at my phone. "You really wouldn't mind?" I asked her and she laughed at me like I was an idiot.
"Of course not! I want you two together, it would make my day." She said
It was my turn to be evil. "Just like how you want you and Sidney together?" I asked her and she turned a bright, apple red.
"Hey! That is unfair usage of...." She cut herself off and then sighed. "I got nothing." She said, speaking of her comeback and I laughed.
"Ok, I'll call him." I said, quickly typing his name in and pressing on his number.
Marc-Andre answered after two rings. "Bonjour?" He asked in french, and I smiled hugely.
"Bonjour, mon ame." I replied to him, equally in french.
His voice took a cheery tone to it. "Sierra!" He exclaimed. "How are you? Are you ok? How do you feel?" He asked me the questions, not allowing me to answer.
I laughed. "I'm just fine. I seem ok, all in one piece. And I feel ok. Although my wrist feels like someone is drilling through it." I said to him.
His voice took a worried tone. "Make sure you take care of yourself. I can't stand thinking that you are hurt." He said quietly and I felt my heart melt.
"I'm fine Marc-Andre. I just need to rest and relax for while. But I'll be just fine."
I could tell he was thinking, and he gave in. "Alright. Sidney better be taking care of you." He said, his voice playfully threatening my brother.
I laughed. "He is, don't worry." I replied
I could invision the smile on Marc-Andre's face. "Did he tell you?" He asked me, sort of throwing me off.
Jenna gave me a look as a confused expression took a hold of me. "Umm, no?" I said, clearly confused. Jenna gave me a look but I just shrugged.
"Figures." Marc-Andre said. "I'm coming over there next week. I booked a flight."
My jaw slacked open and Jenna poked me, wanting to know what was going on. I shook my head at her and raised my finger in a 'wait' way.
"You are?" I asked him, feeling myself start to turn very happy.
"Oui." He said softly. "I can't stay away from you." He said. I heard the joking tone in his voice, but it still made me feel really good inside.
"I'll be waiting, then." I said to him.
"Alright, I must go now. My mother needs me." He said quietly. "Au revoir." He said to me.
"Au revoir." I said back to him and we hung up.
Jenna looked at me and plummeted me with questions. "Well...?" She asked me,practically standing over me.
I laughed and pushed her away. "Well," I started to say to her. "Marc-Andre is coming here, to Nova Scotia, to see me and make sure I'm ok." I said to her and Jenna yelled a huge "YES!" and we both laughed.