Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Good Ol' Hockey Game

The next morning was a little on the hectic side. Sidney had called a lot of our friends' and they decided that a hockey game would be a great way to catch up, since we haven't seen them in awhile. Marc-Andre was excited to play with everyone as well.
Since the guys were going to play hockey, and I had to sit out do to my sad condition, I called Jenna and invited her to come. I didn't even finish my sentence before she replied and hung up on me. I just stared at the phone as Sidney and Marc-Andre gathered their gear.
I was sitting on top of the counter and Sidney and Marc-Andre shifted through the house, messing around with each other while getting everything. Everytime Sidney asked where something was, I replied right away.
"Helm~" He started, but I interrupted him by saying,"Attic." He nodded his thanks and went into the garage as Jenna burst through the front door. Even though I couldn't see her, I knew it was her.
"Do you ever knock or ring a doorbell?" I laughed at her, as she came into the kitchen.
She shrugged and grinned at me. "Pssh, why would I? This is like a second home to me." She said and we both laughed.
"Touche" I said to her and looked over to Marc-Andre, who had just walked into the kitchen. I tossed him an apple and spoke to Jenna, giving her a look that said, 'say nothing.'
"Jenna, this is our goaltender, and my great friend." I said to her, as she tried really hard not to laugh. "Marc-Andre, this is my psychotic friend, Jenna Serino."
Marc-Andre smiled at Jenna and shook her hand. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you." He said softly, and I bit my lip.
Jenna's grin was as wide as could be. "It is a great to finally meet you as well, Mr. Fantastic French Goalie." I smacked my forehead, I should have known she'd say something strange.
Marc-Andre's eyes shifted over to me and I pouted. "I have been talked about?" He asked, to neither of us in particular.
Jenna, of course, had to answer. "Well, of course! You are only one of Sierra's best friends." I sighed and she winked at me.
Marc-Andre just grinned at me as Sidney came rushing down the stairs. He haulted at the sight of Jenna and gave her a warm hello, before rushing us out of the house.
Jenna and I were squished together in the back seat, with all the hockey stuff piled in the trunk and in the backseat with us. Thankfully, we both are very tiny girls.
Sidney started to the highway to head to Halifax. I tossed Marc-Andre the CD case and he fished through it to put music on.
Jenna and I sang throughout the whole car ride to Halifax, laughing pretty much the whole time through our singing. Sidney and Marc-Andre were clearly enjoying it too.
We pulled into the hockey rink in Halifax, and Jenna and I quickly scrambled out of the packed car. I practically pushed her out, since I was stuck in the middle.
I stretches my long legs and took in a deep breath. "I feel great." I said to myself, but Marc-Andre heard and he smiled at me. I smiled back.
I carried in the guys' hockey sticks and a bag of pucks, since those were the lightest of the things, while Jenna, Sid, and Marc-Andre brought it everything else.
A few of Sidney's friends were already on the ice practicing. There were a few watchers, but Sid and I booked the rink for us personally, so no one would both us.
As I entered they all shouted. "Erra!" They came over as fast as they could on their skates. I had to look up at them all. Being my 5'4" shortness compared to their above 6 foot height, not including the height the skates gave them.
I grinned at them all and I tossed the bag of pucks at them. "Hello guys." I said, pushing my way past their huge bodies. I headed towards the dressing room that was open, just as more cheers went through the rink as Sidney entered. I smiled to myself and put the sticks in the room.
Sidney and Marc-Andre pushed through the mass of guys and Jenna waited outside introducing herself to the guys, who seemed to be all over her. I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her away from them.
She gave me a curious look. "Trust me, they can be... forward." I said to her.
Realization hit her and she nodded. "Alright." She said.
I opened the latch and headed out onto the ice. I slipped at first, but I regained my balance before I fell. "Do you wanna drop the puck?" I asked Jenna. "It's too dangerous for me to drop it. They'll maul me and my wrist can't take that."
She grinned. "Of course! I'll be happy to do it." She slid to the center of the ice and I laughed at her, sitting myself up on the home teams' wall. I set Sidney's water bottle on the bench behind me. I knew Marc-Andre would keep his water above the net, like in the real games.
A few of the guys finally left Sidney alone and came onto the ice, setting up the nets. Jenna slid up to me and pointed out the opposing goalie. "He looks bulkier than your flower." She said and I elbowed her. She laughed.
Sidney and Marc-Andre came onto the ice. Marc-Andre immediately started to warm up and I smiled just a bit. Sid skated over to me. "You want to split up the teams?" He asked.
I grinned wickedly. "Oh, yes please." I said slyly, and Sidney laughed. The guys lined up and I pointed to Marc-Andre at one goal, his favored side, and the other guy at the other goal.
Sidney caught my eye and laughed, he knew what I was planning. So did Jenna, because she fell on her butt from laughing to hard.
I pointed to Sidney. "Sidney, with Marc-Andre." I said and all the other guys started shouting.
"Hey! No fair! They play together in the NHL!" They all yelled at me.
Marc-Andre skated over to me while I shrugged at them. "All's fair in love and hockey." I said, my wicked grin growing only wider. "I'm head ref, you better be nice to me." I threatened. They all shut up and started to point to them and split them up.
When I was finished, I looked towards Marc-Andre, who was skating back and forth by me, getting wear into his skates. When he saw me looking, he looked up and skated over.
I noticed Jenna practicing dropping the puck and flying backwards so she didn't get herself killed. I looked back to Marc-Andre. "Is something wrong?" I asked him, noticing he was messing around with his helmet.
He nodded his head. "I haven't worn this thing in a long time, it feels wrong." He said, still messing around with it.
I leaned forward and pulled it off his head gently. His dark eyes focused on mine curiously. I blushed and looked down, focusing on adjusting the helm.
I think I got it fixed up, and when I looked up at Marc-Andre, he was closer than before. His black hair rested over his face as he looked down at me. I blushed even more and bit my lip, handing him his helm. "Try that." I said to him shyly.
He smiled his gentle smile and put it on. He turned his neck and then nodded. "It feels a lot better. Thank you." He said and I nodded to him.
He headed to the net and I focused on the guys in the middle. I raised my voice for all to hear, noticing that Jenna was talking to Sidney. "Alright men! This is a clean match of pure hockey. No dirty hits that will get you in trouble in the NHL. I make the calls, and you will not argue with them. Or I will remove you from the game. Agreed?" All the guys nodded and I could see Sidney trying to hold back laughter.
"Alright then. Let the game, begin." I said the last word in a malicious tone. Jenna turned to the guys and dropped the puck. Just as Sidney's stick touched the puck, she slid backwards out of the way.
It was a non-stop and amusing scrimmage. I made every call I saw against Sidney and Marc-Andre's team, and made only a few against the opposing team. It pissed the other team off, but Jenna, Sidney, Marc-Andre, and the other guys on the team were extremely amused.
At one point, Sidney flew down the ice and was checked hard into the board, right on my legs. I yowled in pain and kicked them both away from me, ordering a penalty for the illegal check. The guy went into the box solemnly.
The game lasted about an hour. Sidney and Marc-Andre were fine with it, but by the end, the others ad started to get very exhausted. After all, they weren't used to NHL's time length of play.
The guys started to head into the locker room, joking around with each other. I hopped off the boards and when my feet hit the ice, I slipped and squeaked.
I felt myself slip backwards. Just as I thought I would hit the ice, strong and well padded arm wrapped around me and held me to my feet. My head rested back into the chest of Marc-Andre.
"Careful." He whispered and I finally stood up. I smiled softly at him and was about to reply when Jenna jumped me.
"Better hurry up, Mr. Flower." She said to him as I glared at her as she hung off of my. "We are going to dinner! Sidney wants to get going to it doesn't get too busy."
Marc-Andre smiled and nodded and headed to get changed. I glared at her. "You had to ruin it." I mumbled to her and she chuckled. I glared at her and we headed to the car and waited for the men.
Jenna and I chatted about the scrimmage until the guys walked up. We quickly hopped in the car, and once again, I was stuck squished against Jenna and hockey stuff.
Sidney and Marc-Andre were laughing about the game and they both looked back at me. "What?" I asked them and they laughed.
"I'm guessing you couldn't bear to see us split up, even for a scrimmage." Sid said, turning back around to pull out of the parking lot.
I shrugged. "What of it?" I asked him.
"Nothing, I just find it amusing." Sid said and I threw his hat at him. He laughed against and I leaned back into my seat. It had been a great day, with great fun. I felt better then I had in a long time, and I knew it was only going to get better.