Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Party, Party, Party

The rest of Marc-Andre's visit to Nova Scotia was a lot of fun. We went to Peggy's Cove and Fishmen's cove, as well as Masstown Market. We were inseparable.
When the day came for him to head home, I had a doctor's appointment and I was very upset through the whole day. He would hold me and comfort me, and say we would see each other in about two months for hockey season.
I suppose it was a good thing I had to go to the doctor's, because I may have broken down at the airport.
I was home by the time Sidney got home, and we spent the night in almost silence. Jenna was even busy, and we both went to bed early.
The rest of our summer consisted up being with our family and friends, enjoying our time home with every moment.

August 7, 2009. Sidney and Sierra Crosby's 22nd birthday; along with the day of the Stanley Cup parade in their hometown of Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia and Mario Lemieux and crew came together and purposely coordinated the Twins' birthday as the day they would bring home the cup, and making all of Nova Scotia proud.
All of the newspapers in Nova Scotia sported atricles about the parade a week before the event. Hundreds came to Cole Harbour to watch and cheer on the hockey players and thousands more watched it broadcasted. And Sierra Crosby openly allowed her brother, Sid the Kid, to take all of the spotlight.
Sidney and Sierra both talked to as many of their fans as they could, taking pictures and enjoying their 22nd birthday to the fullest.
Sidney Crosby had made a speech that ended with the cheers as loud as those at a football stadium. It was easy to tell that the young star was happy.
All of the Crosby family was there in the parade, in the cars of their own, basking in their childrens', grandchildens', niece and nephew, siblings, and every other family relations glory.
It was while roaming around to all of their fans, that one fan pointed out that young Sierra was still wearing a wrist brace. She was very willing to share why.
"My wrist is still bothering me, although it is unknown why. We are hoping that it is healed by hockey season, but I will not rush it."
Sidney had agreed with his sister and the whole Crosby clan enjoyed their fame.


That night, after the parade, we all enjoyed a huge meal with all of the family. Jenna was there as well, since she is muched loved within my family.
Sidney and I were so tired, but we had more energy then when we were in high school. Jenna almost looked drunk from the family love that was filled within the house.
My grandmother demanded a song from me, and I sighed and reluctantly agreed. Everyone said I was a great singer, but I hated singing.
Everyone said I should sing Canada's national anthem, and that is just what I did.
"O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee."
My family cheered and I blushed, getting a slap on my shoulder from Jenna. I shrugged her away and she then tackled me. We rolled on the ground like a group of pups.
Everyone laughed and eventually we stopped, breathless and laughing too hard.
At some point, Sidney went outside and I beckoned to Jenna. "We had a promise, Jenna. And we are leaving soon." I smirked at her. "Now is your perfect chance." I pushed her towards the door that led where Sidney was.
She tried to protest, but she thought about it, and decided I was right. "Fine." She mumbled and left to go outside.
I decided to be nosey I kept underneath the window and listened to them.
Jenna spoke first. "Sid," She started and I bit my lip as I listened. I heard Sidney turn around against the railing. "I, umm, I wanted to tell you something." Her voice was very nervous, I could even picture her playing with the ring she wore on her left index finger.
"What is it?" Sidney asked, his voice was concerned, and I even detected a hint of nervousness.
I heard Jenna take in a deep breath and said, "Sidney, I... I really liked you, Sid. I have since high school. But I thought it went against best friend code but Sierra says she is fine with it and I just had to tell you." She said the sentence so fast that it blended together as one setence. "I'm sorry..." She said.
"No." Sidney said, his voice stern. I raised an eyebrow, although no one could see. "You don't need to apologize." His voice was softer. "Jenna, I like you too. I didn't know how to tell you, especially since I am gone most of the year."
I pictured Jenna's shocked face in my head. "Sidney..." She said, and was stopped. I looked over the windowsill to see that Sidney had kissed her. "I don't care if you are gone for so long." She finally said.
Sid shook his head. "I have a solution for this." He said gently, stroking her cheek with a gentle smile. "You should come to Pittsburgh with us. You can take courses there."
My jaw dropped and I heard Jenna suck in a deep breath. "You really mean it? You'd really want me to come with you?"
Sidney smiled and straightened. "Of course I do, Jenna. I want you with me." My jaw dropped even more.
After a brief second of thinking, Jenna spoke. "Yes, yes I will come with you."
I jumped up and yelled, "YAHOOOO!" Both Sidney and Jenna turned to look at me and I stopped, almost mid jump. I waved my fingers innocently. "Ha..haha. Hi...." I said and they both started to laugh extremly hard. Jenna even had to lean against Sidney.
We had to leave not soon after, and head home. Jenna and Sidney were gooey gooey all through the drive home and I pretended to gag behind their backs, but really, I was extremly happy that they were finally together.
Sidney dropped Jenna off at her place and I jumped into the front seat. "You knew." Sidney said, not as a question.
I nodded. "Why, of course. Just like how you knew that Marc-Andre liked me. So now we are even." I said to him and he laughed.
"Fine, fine. You win that round." He joked around and I grinned.
We arrived home and we were already starting to pack to leave to go back to Pittsburgh. I went up to my room and looked at a picture of Marc-Andre and I at Peggy's Cove, standing in front of the light house.
I gently ran my fingers along the picture and sat down on my bed, looking at my bags I had to pack. I was sad about leaving, but I was so excited as well. I would miss my home, but hockey is my life, and I would be with Marc-Andre.
I slowly started to pack one of the bags, lost in thought about my life.