Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Jenna's Big Win And Cruel Pranks

I was sitting in Marc-Andre's car, fiddleing with the radio while he drove, talking to Sid who was in the backseat. They were chattering about the game the previous night.
I found a station that I liked and sat back in my seat and focused on the music. Marc-Andre's attention was snapped to the music as soon as a Nickelback song came on. I chuckled as he turned up the volume and I started to sing.
We pulled up to the Dick's Sporting Goods store and we hopped out. I skipped up to the door, with Sid and Marc-Andre following behind me. I opened the door and held it open for the guys, but neither would budge and Marc-Andre took a hold of the door.
I sighed and walked through the door, listening to the two guys chuckle. Sometimes, their gentlemenness can be annoying.
A friend of mine was at the counter and waved at us as we walked in. I beckoned for Marc-Andre and Sidney to follow as I started to going towards her.
"Hey!" She said, pulling me into a hug. "Good to see you all. You guys are here for the skates right?" She asked.
Sidney nodded. "Yup."
She smiled. "Alright superstars, follow me."
We followed her into the backroom and I sat down on the bench that was sitting there. Marc-Andre placed his hand on my shoulder as Leslie grabbed the skates we ordered.
I leaned against him as Leslie handed Sidney a box with the skates that he ordered. He quickly tried them on as I opened the box with my own skates in them.
I put them on and Marc-Andre held my hand as I stood up in them. New skates were a pain to first try on. I walked back and forth and smiled happily. "They feel great." I said, leaning into them.
"Excellent!" Leslie said, looking at Sidney. "And how about yours?" She asked him.
Sidney tossed me his phone to answer a text from Jenna as he started to take the skates off. "They feel really good. Thank you." He said.
Leslie smiled and took the boxes away from us. "Just come up to the counter when you are done rummaging." She said cheerily.
I passed Sidney his phone back. "She just got the letter that said she was accepted into the college." I said to him as we started to leave the back room. Sidney immediately got on the phone to call her.
I chuckled and Marc-Andre and I headed over to where the Penguins' items were held. "That's good news for Jenna." He said as I leaned into him, picking up a fleece sweater that had the Penguins on it. I liked it.
"Yes, it's great. Her text was all in caps." We both chuckled and I took the sweater.
We walked up to the counter and I payed for the skates and the sweater, since Sidney was on the phone outside, I paid for his too.
"Thanks for coming!" Leslie said and I smiled, waving to her as we exited.
Sidney hung up the phone just as we exited; I handed him the bag with the skates in it. "Thanks, Erra." He said, hopping back into the back seat of Marc-Andre's car.
I slid in the drivers seat and asked Marc-Andre for the keys, and smiled cutely. "You're welcome. May I?" I asked Marc as he laughed at me, standing outside the door.
"Fine fine, you may drive." He said, handing me the keys and going over to the other side and getting in.
I grinned happily and started up the car, adjusting the mirrors and seat. "Oh no, Sierra is driving. Beware!"
I shot him an angry look in the mirror and he just smiled at me. "You're horrible." I said, pulling out into the street.
Marc-Andre and Sidney chuckled and I shook me head at them, heading back to Mario's place. Again, they chatted and I was quite, focusing on the road this time.
I pulled into the driveway and got out, tossing Marc-Andre his keys. Being his sexy goaltender self, he caught the keys with one hand and pulled me to his side. I rested there happily as we walked up to the house.
Sidney opened the door and was immediately tackled by a very ecstatic Jenna. "I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!" She squealed and we all laughed.
I dropped the bag from Dick's. "That's awesome, Jen." He said to her, kissing her.
I made a face at Marc-Andre, just because she always does it to us, and he laughed. "Great job, Jenna." I said to her, patting her shoulder as I plopped down onto the couch.
"Thank you so much!" She said, dancing like a crazy person. I chuckled and placed my feet in Marc-Andre's lap as he sat down.
"You do know that you will be very busy now." I said, biting into an apple that Sidney tossed at me.
She nodded. "I'm ready for it. I'm just so excited to be here! And being able to go to school here is amazing! I can be with my man and the team I love." She said.
Sidney smiled and sat down next to her, squeezing her knee. "I'll help you when I can, since I'm taking the online courses." I said to her. "Speaking of which..." I pulled out my laptop and opened it to my 10 page essay that was all in French. I'm minoring in French. "Can you go over this please?" I asked Marc-Andre.
He took my computer and stared at the screen. "10 pages?" He asked, laughing.
I blushed. "Hey, I got into it." I said as he rested the computer on my shins.
"Yes, I will go over it and fix any mistakes." He said, smiling at me as I leaned back.
"Thank you." I threw the apple at Jenna and she finished it off.
"So, ready for the next game?" She asked.
Sidney shrugged; Marc-Andre was too absorbed in reading that I don't even think he heard. "It feels good to be playing again, that's for sure." Sid said.
I snorted, almost on accident. "At least you could play in the summer." I said, making note of me not being able to do anything over the summer.
"Sorry, sis." He said.
A knock came at the door and Gonch and Geno walked through. "Hello, hello." Gonch said, waving too us all.
I looked over the couch and waved at them. Marc-Andre waved his hand while still focusing on the computer. "Hey." Sid said to them.
Geno leaned over the couch and looked between Marc-Andre and me. "What's going on?" He asked, his English broken.
I shifted myself slightly. "He's going over a French essay I had to do." I replied and he nodded.
Gonch sat in a chair. "Sounds like fun." He joked.
Marc-Andre shook his head and chuckled. "Not really." I gave him a look and he looked over and smiled at me. I smiled back.
Jenna sat up. "So what brings the Russian's to the French home?" She asked, joking with them.
Geno shrugged. "Just stopping by." He said, dropping something onto my belly.

I looked at the object and gave it a curious look, picking it up in my hands. "What is this?" I asked him, noticing how Marc-Andre looked over at it.

"Sierra, put that down." He said, eyeing Geno with a warning look.

Geno blinked and took the object back, tossing it out the door. I looked between Marc-Andre, Geno, and Sidney, who had the same lost look I had on my face.

"What? What was it?" Sidney and I asked at the same time.

I noticed the honey on my fingers and shrieked, quickly sitting up. Marc-Andre quickly raised my laptop as I wiped the honey on Geno, who was now laughing. "You are a cruel man sometimes, Evgeni!"
Sidney realized what it was. "Really, Geno? A beehive?" I shivered violently and Marc-Andre pulled me over to him.

"Cruel." I mumbled to him and he smiled.

"Sorry, Erra. I couldn't help myself." He replied. Gonch and Jenna were chatting to themselves.

"You are supposed to be the sweet and shy one." I accused him.

Geno shrugged. "Sometimes I have a little bit of Cooke in me." He said, well, sort of.

I mumbled. "Clearly." Marc-Andre typed something into my essay.

Sidney disappeared and I stood up, heading towards my room. Marc-Andre followed me and placed my laptop on my desk. "It looks good, to be honest." He said to me. "I think you have been talking to my mother too much." He said, smiling.

I laughed and sat in the chair at my desk, saving the file and going online to send it to my professor. "Thank you, Marc." I said to him.

He wrapped his arms around me and I leaned back against him. "Sierra?" He asked me softly.

I sent the essay. "Hmm?"

Marc-Andre kissed my head and stood up. "You're really special." He said. I turned to look at him and he pulled me gently to my feet and kissed me softly. "You're very special to me." He whispered.

I blushed at him and rested my head on his chest. "You are very special to me too, Marc." I said back to him.

He raised my chin and I stared into his dark but beautiful eyes. He smiled softly and kissed my forehead, where the scar from my accident was. I rested in his arms, and enjoyed his company as I swayed in his embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter has been corrected.