Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Merry Christmas, Ma Chéri

December 24th:
It was finally our Christmas break. All of us, except the Russians (consisting of Evgeni and Sergei), we're going home for the holidays to be with our families.
Sidney, Jenna, and I went home to Nova Scotia, arriving in the afternoon. Jenna decided to stay with us as we headed to Cole Harbour, since her parents went to Hawaii for the holidays.
We were all curled up on the couch watching the TV with hot chocolate. Sid, Jenna and I were on one couch as my parents were on the love seat, and Taylor was lying on the floor.
I dismissed myself so I could go wrap Sidney's gift, which I picked up just before heading to the airport. It was hand made pottery that looked exactly like the Penguins' logo, except in3-D. I went in last week to paint it.
It was painted exactly as the logo, with a few differences. I painted Sidney's number in black on the white belly of the Penguin, and along the stick I wrote his name. Along the Penguin's butt, I wrote Pittsburgh Penguins 2009 very thinly.
Marc-Andre was with me when I made it, and he said it looked like it was painted by a professional. That comment made me smile.
Now, I took the penguin out of the bubblewrap it was wrapped in for the plane ride, and I wrapped it up in tissue paper, being really careful with the stick since it could easily break off.
I placed the penguin in the giftbag, and tiptoed to the tree, where I placed the gift bag amongst the other gifts.
Everyone else's was under the tree, because I wrapped them back in Pittsburgh.
I decided to head to bed, blow kissing my family goodnight and texting Marc-Andre goodnight, hoping he was having a good time with his family in Quebec.
I crawled into the bed I would have to share with Sidney while we were here and thought about Marc-Andre's gift I made him.
It was very similar to what I made Sidney, going on with the pottery. But his was a goalie mask, that I painted with the Penguins' colors and created things that associate with him.
I painted his number on one side of it, and Pittsburgh Penguins 2009 on the other side. I put his name along the bars of the front of the mask, and on the back, I did the same thing he has on his real mask. I painted the initials of his deceased and beloved grandparents.
I wrapped it in Pittsburgh and he took it home to Sorel with him. I made him promised not to peak until Christmas.
I was curled up on my side, half asleep when Sidney walked in and went to bed. My parents made Jenna stay in my room, although I'm not sure why I couldn't share a bed with her. Maybe it was because of the Twin thing.
Sidney was out quickly, and I soon followed him to sleep.

December 25th, Merry Christmas:
Sidney's PoV:

I was up early, heading down to the living room to wait for the rest of my family to get up. While waiting, I texted Flower to quickly discuss Sierra's present, deleting it afterwards.
Jenna and Taylor got up at the same time. Taylor was restless while she watched the Christmas parade. I draped my arm around Jenna's shoulders and held her close. "Good morning and Merry Christmas." I whispered in her ear, making her smile.
"Merry Christmas, super star." She said as I laughed and kissed her forehead. I could hear my mum and dad getting up, making Taylor even more anxious.
"Why don't you go get Sierra up? If you don't now, who knows when she will get her butt up." I said to my sister. She quickly nodded and ran to get Sierra up. I laughed, thinking how pissed she will be.

Sierra:
I woke up, grumbling, to Taylor jumping on my bed and shouting for me to get up. I tried to kick her off, but she pulled the blankets off of me and I sighed, finally getting out of bed.
"There better be something good for me from you for getting me up." I mumbled at her as we headed down the hall. She just smiled.
We reached the living room and I wiped my eyes, which were slightly blurry without my glasses or contacts. I was the last one up, of course.
"Merry Christmas!" My family yelled at me, and I yawned, saying it back at them.
"Let's get this show on the road." Jenna said, happy and dancing over with Taylor to the tree.
I wrapped myself tight in my housecoat and followed them to sit by the tree. Taylor designated herself as the gift giver, and I whispered in her ear to give Sidney's gift from me last. She nodded and started passing out gifts.
She started with the gift to my parents that was from me and Sidney. Well, really it's just from me because he has no idea what it is, but that doesn't matter.
It was a photo frame that consisted of three parts, and held three pictures. One of Sidney holding Lord Stanley up in the air, one of me shooting the puck that was a goal, and the last of Taylor in the net making a save. (I took that picture.)
My parents loved it, my mother was close to tears to be honest. Taylor started handing everyone their gifts.
I recieved mainly little things. The warm fleece pajamas definitely made me happy. I also recieved a ring from my sister, that had my number engraved on it, and an anklet from Jenna, that had my number and the Penguins logo on it. I laughed and hugged them both.
It finally came down to the last gift that was under the tree. The gift from me to Sidney. He glanced at me curiously and I motioned at him. "Go on, open it." I said, smiling.
Sidney turned his curious hazel eyes to the gift bag, and carefully opened it. I wrote fragile on the tag so he would be.
He pulled out the penguin and my mother and Jenna gasped. His eye's widened in surprise as he examined the Penguin. "You made this?" He asked me.
I shrugged it. "I didn't create it. I'm not that good, but I did paint the whole thing." I said to him, as he still examined it.
Sidney looked at me straight in the eye. "It's amazing, Erra." He said and I smiled at him. "I love it!"
I grinned widely. "I'm glad."
Sidney's phone then chimed with a text and he looked at him, a glint showing in his eyes. He nodded to Jenna and she grabbed my arm and pulled me away. "Ow, what?" I questioned as she pulled me into my bedroom.
Jenna started messing with my hair. "Just trust me, ok?" She said, starting to clean my glasses for me as I stared at her. "You are going to want to be able to see this." She grinned wickedly.
I moaned. "Sidney didn't get me anything big did he?" I asked.
Her smile grew as she placed my glasses on for me. "Well, you could say that." She chuckled and I groaned. She peaked outside the door. "Ok come. And close her eyes." She said, leading me out the door.
"Wait, let me text Marc-Andre." I said, curious to see if he opened his gift.
Jenna sighed. "Fine." She pouted as I quickly sent the text.
Marc-Andre replied fairly quickly. I absolutely loved it, Erra. You are very gifted :). I smiled and put my phone away. "Alright, let's get this over with." I said, closing my eyes and being led by Jenna.
I heard Sidney talking, andI figured it was too my dad or something. When he seemed to spot Jenna and I, he spoke. "Are your eyes closed?"
I sighed. "Yes, yes. They are closed."
I could picture Sidney's smile as I felt him take a hold of my shoulder, leading me instead of Jenna. "Good. Don't open till I tell you." He said and I nodded.
I could tell he was trying not to laugh, and he let go of me. I felt something right in front of me, but made no move.
Then, out of no where, I felt a touch along my cheek and I jumped in surprise. I took a step back, but a soft kiss was on my lips. I knew that gentleness and that scent anywhere.
I opened my eyes as everyone said, "aww" and looked into Marc-Andre's dark eyes as he pulled away from me. "Merry Christmas." He said softly, brushing my hair out of my face.
I nodded in response, completely shocked, and looked at my brother. "You planned this?" I asked as Marc-Andre chuckled and pulled me against him. I nestled comfortably against him.
Sidney nodded and smiled. "I thought it would be the best gift for you, especially since I knew how down you were about not being together for the holiday." He said. "It was partially Flower's idea, too."
I looked up at Marc-Andre. "Your parents didn't mind?" I asked, curious about how he was here and not with his family.
Marc-Andre smiled down at me. "They love you, and they thought it was really sweet." I nodded and reached up to kiss him again.
Sidney cleared his throat as Taylor led Jenna closer to my brother. "I have one other surprise." He said, taking Jenna's hand.
I could see my parents coming closer, getting a closer look. Sidney pulled out a small ring and placed it upon Jenna's ring finger. She blinked in surprise and I smiled, knowing what it was.
Sidney looked into Jenna's eyes. "This is a promise ring that I had forged just for you and I." He started to say. "I made one promise upon it, as can you. My promise to you is, I will stay by your side forever."
I heard my mother standing behind me. "Awww, look at your son, Troy." She said to my father.
I smiled at Jenna who looked at me. "I promise to you, Sidney Crosby, that I will never take this ring off as far as I live, until if and when a different ring comes into the picture." I tried to hold in a laugh, but I couldn't. It was just like Jenna to say something like that.
Sidney loved it though. He smiled and kissed her, arms wrapped around each other. "Get a room." Taylor said, making them break a part and laugh.
My mother started to head to the kitchen. "Well then, shall we start getting ready for dinner then?" She asked and all of us started to head into the kitchen. "I know you guys celebrated the American Thanksgiving last month, so I hope you don't mind having turkey again." I stuck close to Marc-Andre's side.
"Not at all." Sidney, Jenna, Marc, and I all said at the same time, laughing in unison at the strangeness of it all.
"Great!" My mum said enthusiastically. "Let's get to work!"
We all split up the duties and started working on the food, that would soon be our Christmas dinner. A fantastic dinner that follows the best Christmas.