Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Finally

It was about time that we finally ended our five game losing slide.
It was our game at home verses the Atlanta Thrashers, and it felt great. All of us were ready to get on the ice and show everyone that we are defending Stanley Cup champions. We would play to our extent, with our hearts in everything, and that is just what we did.
We played with everything we had. We started off slow, but eventually we pulled ourselves together. Johnny was amazing, stopping all but two pucks. But it was Jordan Staal who gave us our win.
My younger teammate had two goals in that game, so close to having a hat trick as well. Sadly, Ruslan got hurt while slamming into the net while trying to help Jordan, and he was hurting.
I suppose I should mention the score now, shouldn't I, although I am sure you already know. We beat the Thrashers 5-2; a great way to end our slump.
But the real fun was once we were back in the locker room. Everyone was cheering and rooting like a bunch of wild men. Well, I suppose that is what they all are.
Marc-Andre was able to give me a quick kiss of victory, even though he was not in the goal that game.
I dressed quickly to leave the psychotic men to their crazyness. You may think that it would be awesome to be amongst the Penguins while cheering, but when they are wired up, it really isn't as fun as it seems.
I left the locker room and saw Pascal's wife standing nearby with their young son, Kody. I walked over to her and smiled. "Hey, I didn't know you were here." I said to her.
Carole-Lyne turned around and Kody whipped around and ran towards me. I went on my knees and hugged him tightly. Carole-Lyne chuckled. "Hello, Miss. Sierra. It was sort of a last minute decision. Kody thought it would give his father luck if he was here." She said.
I lifted Kody in my arms. He was not quite four years old yet. "Well, it seems like you did give your dad goodluck, doesn't it?" I said to Kody, who smiled so big I laughed.
I looked at Carole-Lyne. "Where is Maeva?" I asked her as Kody wrapped his arms around my neck.
Carole-Lyne smiled. "She is with a close family friend." She said and I nodded.
I looked at Kody. "Should we go try to find your dad?" I asked the little boy.
His eyes brightened and he nodded his head. I smiled at him and headed back to the locker room, hearing Carole-Lyne chuckling behind me.
We headed into the locker room and Kody and I looked around. "Now where is your dad?" I asked him.
"There?" He asked, pointing to the bending down Evgeni. It was a game between us, that we would try to find Pascal and end up going by other players.
"Well, let's just go see." I said to Kody with a smile, heading over to Geno. I leaned down so Kody would reach the leaning Geno.
Kody was laughing and I could tell Geno knew we were here. "Daddy?" He asked and Evgeni looked up, smiling at us. Kody started to laugh even more.
"I don't think so, Kod's." Geno said, well, I think that is what he said.
I laughed and pointed to where Jordan was reaching upfor something. I winked at Kody who was looking at me. "Is that your dad?" I asked him and he grinned as we headed over.
Kody reached out to Jordan, who spooked at the child's sudden touch. When we realized it was us, he started to laugh and ruffled Kody's hair. "Hey there, kid. Looking for your dad?" He said, amusement in his voice. Kody nodded his head and Jordan pointed behind us.
I turned around and Pascal was standing closeby, laughing and shaking his head at us. I put Kody down and he raced over to his father and Pascal picked him up. "What is Sierra teaching you, Kody?" He asked, laughing.
I grinned and Kody looked like he was shocked. "She is teaching me anything, daddy." He said and Pascal laughed some more as I was aware that Marc-Andre was standing behind me.
I leaned against him. "I know, son. I'm just playing." Pascal said to his son, and set him back down on his feet. "Now go with Sierra. I will be out in a few minutes." He said as Kody took my hand and I led him back outside.
Marc-Andre followed us out. He spotted Carole-Lyne and went over to greet her as I played around with Kody. I tickled him and we both laughed.
I could barely hear Carole-Lyne and Marc-Andre. Barely, but I still heard them. "She is great with children, isn't she?" Carole-Lyne asked Marc-Andre.
I recognized the tone of wonderin the love of my life's voice. "Yes, she definitely is." He replied.
Everyone started to pile out of the locker room and I let Kody run over to his parents as we all started to head our separate ways.
Sidney and Marc-Andre walked over to me and Marc-Andre wrapped his arms around me as Sidney was on the phone, most likely with Jenna.
"What's going on?" I asked Marc-Andre in a whisper, so not to distract my brother.
"I think we are going out to dinner with a few of the guys, and he is asking Jenna if she wants to come." Marc-Andre whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my back at his comforting voice.
I almost pouted. "She better, she can't leave me hanging. Being the only woman amongst you crazy, hyped up men is a pain in the butt. Max likes to try to hit on me." I mumbled. "Playfully." I added quickly, feeling Marc-Andre tighten his grip around me ever so slightly. "He wouldn't do such a thing seriously."
I felt Marc-Andre nod as I rested my head back against his shoulder. "I know, it still bothers me." He said and I smiled. There was no way I could blame him, it would bother me too.
Sidney hung up and he smiled, beckoning us to follow him as we headed out to the car. "We've got to go pick Jenna up." He said, waving and smiling to the fans that immersed themselves nearby.
"Can I drive?" I asked Sidney suddenly, making him look back at my curiously. I automatically stroked the horrible scar on my wrist. "I haven't been able to drive a lot lately." I said, holding out my hand with a smile.
Marc-Andre was laughing and Sidney sighed, handing me the keys as I hopped in the drivers seat. Marc-Andre sat next to me as Sidney got in the back.
Snow was falling, so I had to be fairly careful, but I was used to the bad winter weather. Heck, this is nothing compared to Nova Scotia.
We picked up Jenna and started to head over to Piper's Pub. Figures that the guys would chose there. I had a feeling it was Max's idea.
I parked the car and the four of us raced through the cold into the Pub, seeing Max, Evgeni, Jordan, and Luca. We went over and Max already had an alcoholic beverage in his hand. Everyone else had water.
We greeted everyone and squeezed into the huge booth, all of us ordering water with onion rings and cheese sticks.
I cuddled against Marc-Andre as we all chatted, and laughed at Max, who was already a little intoxicated. Poor guy.
"Someone better be driving him home." Sidney warned and Geno raised his hand. "Good." Sid said, and I tried not to laugh at the serious look he held on his face.
At one point, Marc-Andre told our server not to serve Max any more drinks, which made us all laugh and Max extremely pissed off.
We eventually left around midnight, and I let Sidney drive because I was exhausted. Sidney warned Geno to take care of Max before we set off back to Mario's house.
We all got out of the car and Isort of trudged up to the front door, I was exhausted. Marc-Andre kissed me softly as Jenna and Sidney headed inside. "I suppose you'll just want to stay here for the night." He said quietly, a gentle smile on his handsome face.
I nodded. "I hope you don't mind." I answered him, and his response was another kiss, that went through my body and I felt warmer.
"Of course I do not mind. Whatever you want is what I want." He said, smiling and kissing my forehead. "Sleep well, my darling, and I will talk and see you tomorrow."
I looked up into his dark eyes as his thumb stroked my cheek. "See you tomorrow. I love you." I said to him.
Marc-Andre hugged me tightly and I waited outside until he got in his car and drove off, heading to his apartment.
I went inside, shivering, and took off my coat and shoes. Jenna walked down the hallway, and I laughed because she was wrapped in a towel, dripping wet. "Do you need some?" I asked her, seeing her blush as she was caught in her towel.
"I could use the shampoo bottle." She said, shifting in embaressment.
I forgot that the shampoo was at the sink in the kitchen. "Go back to the bathroom, I'll grab the shampoo." I said, and she turned on her heels to head back to the bathroom.
I grabbed the shampoo in the kitchen, and poked Sidney to get up from the couch. "You're falling asleep, go to bed." I said and he nodded, heaving himself to his feet and walking to his room.
I opened the door to the bathroom and handed Jenna the shampoo. "Thank you." She said from the other side of the shower curtain.
"No problem." I said with a yawn, closing the door behind me.
I walked into my room and undressed quickly, throwing my clothes into the hamper. I crawled into bed with Pen and Aislinn next to me, and fell asleep with a big smile on my face.