Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Western Canada

Ok, so, we didn't exactly show everything we had... We sort of, well lost. Only by one though, if that really means anything.
Our next destination was back up into Canada. But not just Canada; western Canada. We rarely get to go to western Canada, and let me tell you, the Crosby fans are crazy here since they don't get to see a lot of my brother.
It was early Tuesday morning when I woke up, against my wishes. I moaned and put my head under my pillow. I felt Marc-Andre's hand placed on the small of my back. I peeked out under the pillow and saw him smiling at me. He kissed my nose and I scooted closer against him.
"What time is it?" I mumbled against his neck, his hair tickling my cheek.
Marc-Andre placed his lips along my forehead. "Around ten." He said softly.
I jolted up in the bed and looked wildly at the clock. "Ten o'clock?!" I shrieked, hopping out of bed, leaving a confused Marc-Andre with a blanket over his head, and jumping on Sidney's bed. "Get up, Sidney! You are going to be late for the conference downstairs!"
Sidney woke up in a panic and gave me a horribly pissed off look. But I just pointed to the clock, still standing on his bed, and his eyes widened as he got out of bed as quickly as possibly. He got tangled up in his sheets though, and tripped. Marc-Andre and I chuckled.
"Oh, yeah. I forgot that he has that conference." Marc-Andre said, sitting at the edge of the bed as I jumped off of Sidney's.
"Yeah." I said, rummaging through my bag to find my dressey clothes for the conference. "I don't know why I have to be dragged along. Sid is the one they want." I stated.
Marc-Andre cocked his head to the side very slightly. "He wants you there for support." He said softly.
I nodded my head and pulled on my black dress pants. "Yes, I know." I said, lost in thought. "You guys get the whole day off though while we have to put up with people questioning us." I caught Marc-Andre's look. "Ok, questioning him."
Marc smiled. "You can come back upstairs and sleep when it is over." He said and I started to run a brush through my hair, placing my bangs to the side.
Sidney came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his abdomen, dripping with water. "Couldn't you have at least dried off." I said as I stepped onto the wet floor in the bathroom.
Sidney was going through his bag and Marc-Andre covered himself with the blankets again. Damn, he looked so comfortable. No, I'm not jealous.
"Sorry, Erra." He said as he pulled out his suit from his bag. I quickly brushed my teeth since I was being pushed out of the bathroom so Sid could get dressed.
After he pushed me out, I stuck my tongue out at the door and turned around to face Marc-Andre. He smiled at me and I sighed. "Hurry up, Sidney!" I said as I started to pace.
Marc-Andre turned on the TV. "Ease up, Sierra. He is the one who is getting interviewed, darling." There was a twinkle in his eye that made me smile.
"You're right." I said, grabbing an apple to eat for breakfast as Sidney burst out of the bathroom and grabbing my arm as he dashed out of the room. "See you later!" I called to Marc-Andre just before we were out of sight.
We raced downstairs and we were actually on time for this press conference.I sat with off to the side and listened to Sidney as he answered all the questions that were shot at him.
I couldn't help but laugh when Sidney mentioned how he spends his day- locked up in the cave that we call rooms. It is our favorite place, besides the rink, to be honest.
I was caught off guard when he was asked about seeing the Alexander Burrows incident. I hadn't really heard about it, and I laughed against when he mentioned that he just woke up a half hour ago. I think the reporters thought he was joking, it's to bad that it's true.
Towards the end of the conference, Jenna called me. I walked off to the side so I wouldn't distract anyone. "Hello?" I answered.
Jenna's voice was not her normal cheery self. "UGH! Sierra, I want to pull my freaking hair out!" She exclaimed.
I raised an eyebrow even though she can't see. "You already cut it, why would you need to rip it out?" I teased.
I swear I heard her teeth clench. "Oh, ha ha. Aren't you just the funny one." She said sarcastically, and I knew that something was really bothering her.
"Sorry." I said to her. "So, what's up. I'm at a conference that Sidney is the star of."
Jenna let out a long sigh and seemed to calm down. "I am stuck tutoring this girl in my class who is one of those rich snobs and will be missing a lot of class because she is freaking pregnant." She practically shouted.
I blinked and stuck my finger in my ear to make sure I can hear. "Why do you have to do it?" I asked.
Jenna let out a moan. "Because I have the highest grade in the class. The professor said if it really doesn't work out, he will give her to someone else to piss off. But it is extra credit so I didn't want to say no."
I nodded and Sidney caught my eye. I mouthed Jenna's name to him. He nodded as the conference came to an end. "Well, that is understandable." I said. "I'm sure everything will be alright. I have faith in you."
Jenna sighed once again. "Yeah... thank you. I'll try not to lose my mind." She said something to my cat and then focused back on me. "I miss you guys. I hope you get home soon."
I nodded. "We will be home soon." I said. "Hey, I have to run. This thing is over. I'll text you later, ok?"
Jenna breathed deeply into the phone. "Alright, I'll talk to you later. Bye." She said, and hung up.
Sidney walked over to me. "Jenna says hi." I whispered to him, even though she didn't I knew she would have wanted me to tell him that anyways. He nodded and we fled up the stairs back to our hotel room.
I opened the door and Marc-Andre was dressed, but still lying on top of the bed. He smiled at us as Sidney went to grab something else to change into.
"How did it go?" Marc-Andre asked asI went over to him. He pulled me into his arms and I rested there comfortably.
"It was fine. Although it was fairly boring." I told him. "Jenna called in the middle of it. She's really angry at some slacker she is stuck tutoring."
Marc-Andre ran his fingers through my hair. "That doesn't sound like fun. Is she going to be alright by herself?" He asked, his voice taking on a teasing tone.
I chuckled. "You're terrible." I said as I bent my head back and kissed his chin.
Sidney came out of the bathroom, wearing sweats and a t-shirt. "Much better." He muttered to himself before collapsing on the bed.
"We have a game tomorrow." I said, thinking out loud.
"Yup." Both guys said at the same time. "I think we are going to kick some butt." Sidney said and we all smiled.

Penguins Vs Flames:
We are really hoping that this game will finally get us back on track. And personally, I think it is a great start.
We won the game 3-1. Sidney, Billy, and T.K got the goals on our side. Marc-Andre made some of the most beautiful saves I have ever seen, and I am not just saying that because I love him. He was awarded player of the game; I am always so proud when he gets that recognition.
One of the great things about our game was the fact that we recieved a power play goal. I know, shocking isn't it. But it is very true.
We had a few roughing and fights. Godard was the one who got in an all out fight though. Don't tell him I told, but I smacked him in the back of the head for it.
Sure, sure. Everyone loves to watch a fight, but it is a real disadvantage to not have a man on the ice. Therefore, I smacked him as my scolding. I'm am the reasonable one on this team, everyone else was cheering him on. Men.
It was a great night for a win as well- today is Rupper's birthday. Mike Rupp is now the ripe age of 30. Someone told him that it was all downhill from there, but I don't think that will be true. Or at leastI hope not.
When we were back at the hotel, I went out and bought a birthday cake that was piled with candels, all thirty of them.
We held a little party in one of the reck rooms and we sang happy birthday to him. Well, I'm not sure if you would call it singing, more like screaming.
Mike looked embaressed, and of course, Matt played a joke on him. Let's say that the nice cake I bought got a face print in it. We still ate it though.
It wasn't until late that we head out to fly to Edmonton for our game the next day against the oilers. Mike had to wash up first- I don't think going out in public with cake on your face would make the best fashion statement.
Marc-Andre wrapped his arms around me and I leaned back into him. We swayed slightly and were watching one of the hockey games that was on on a TV near the entrance.
"I'm tired." I said quietly, noticing that Jay was asleep on top of his hockey bad. I was juts waiting for him to roll off.
"We'll be off soon." Marc-Andre whispered in my ear, just as Mike came rushing towards us.
"I'm ready. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting." He said, and Geno kicked Jay (not hard) to wake him up.
We all got on the bus in what seemed like slow motion, and were off to the airport-again. I rested my head on Marc-Andre's shoulder and sighed as I watched the road pass by us while I look out the window.