Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Headaches

I woke up on Thursday with a terrible headache. I pulled the covers over my head and stifled a moan. I felt Marc-Andre shift in the bed and his hand was resting on my back. "Is everything alright?" He asked me quietly in French.
I turned my head to the side and let Marc-Andre pull the covers from over my head. I blinked as the light hit my eyes, and my head pounded in protest. I moaned and closed my eyes tight.
I could feel Marc-Andre's worried eyes look me over. "I have a really bad headache." I said in a whimper.
Marc-Andre pulled my close against him and I heard the blinks being closed. I slowly opened my eyes, first seeing Marc's shoulder, and then noticing the room was darker.
I looked over Marc-Andre to see Sidney sitting back down on the bed. "Thank you." I said and Sid gave me a soft smile.
Marc-Andre released me from his grasp and got up out of bed. I curled the covers around me tightly and buried my head within my pillows. "Where is your Ibuprofin?" He asked and I just shrugged. "Nevermind." I heard the rattle of the pills in the bottom and running water.
I felt Marc-Andre sit back down on the bed next to me and I looked up at him. He held out a glass of water and two pills. His beautiful dark eyes had shadows of worry within them.
I reached my hand from under my pillow and sat up in the bed, the covers falling from my shoulders. I took the pills, tossed them in my mouth, and took a big swing of water and swalled them. "Thank you." I said quietly.
Marc-Andre wrapped his arms around me and pulled my body into his lap. I sighed and rested my throbbing head on his shoulder.
A knock came at the door and Sidney got up to get it. Jordan popped his blond head in and took one look at me before stepping back. "No, come in." Sidney said, and Jordan walked through.
His blue eyes stayed on me. "What's wrong, Erra?" He asked, his voice hesitant.
I turned my head and broke his gaze and rested my nose on Marc-Andre's shoulder, around the curve of his neck.
Thankfully, Sidney answered for me. "She has a really bad headache." He said. "Border line on migraine." Ah, it was great to have a brother who can practically read my mind.
I was able to hear Jordan suck in a breath. "I'm sorry." He said quietly, and I shook my hand at him in an response.
Marc-Andre was softly caressing my hair as the Ibuprofin slowly took affect... but not enough. An hour later, when the pain should be gone, my headache was still punching my brain.
Sidney and Jordan had gone downstairs to play pool. I told Marc-Andre he could go, but he said he wanted to stay with me. God, he is such a sweetheart.
I didn't even bother to get dressed. I just stayed in bed and tried to watch TV. Although, that didn't really work out. So, my day was filled with sleeping or trying to sleep for the most part.
Marc-Andre kept stretching, making sure all was good for the game tonight. When I could bare the brighter room, I watched him and smiled at him.
"Take your hat off?" I asked him.
Marc-Andre looked over his shoulder at me, a dark eyebrow raised. "Please?" I asked and he started to smile, taking off his hat and letting his gorgeous black hair fall free.
Marc-Andre walked over to me and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Better?" He asked, his smile wider then before.
I nodded and raised my hand, taking a lock between my fingers and curling it around my index finger. "Much." I said, and he bent down and kissed me gently.
I wrapped my fingers in his soft hair and let go as he pulled away. I smiled at him softly, as he got up and walked away. I covered my head with a pillow and moaned as my head decided to throb even more.
Sidney came back in the afternoon, bringing food with him. Coach Dan followed him up here, holding a tray in his hand.
I moaned and covered myself with blankets once again. "No more people." I said as the tray banged on a table.
"Sorry." Coach said.
I sighed and looked at them. Marc-Andre was fingering at something while Sidney was trying very hard not to laugh. I looked at Coach, who was holding his gaze on me. "Alright, alright." I grumbled, sitting up in bed. "I can't play tonight." I stated with a pout.
Dan smiled gently. "I know, I was just waiting for you to say it. And I take it you won't even want to come." He said and I shook my head. "Alright, Chris and Brooks will stay here with you then."
I nodded my head as Marc-Andre walked over. I lifted my chin to see if I could see what was on the plate, but he raised it. "Uh uh, not yet." He said with a smile.
Coach left the room and Sidney plopped himself down on a little love seat in the corner of the room.
I blinked at Marc-Andre as he sat down next to me. I swung my legs off the side of the bed so I was sitting up next to him. The plate had my favorite on it; stuffed chicken with sweet potatoes and corn. "Yum." I said as he handed it to me, kissing my head as I scarfed it down.
Later that night, everyone had to leave to go tto the game. Brooks and Chris came into the room and turned on the TV. Marc-Andre kissed my forehead before leaving, and I made a cocoon of myself with the blankets.
Chris and Brooks were actually really good at not shouting and screaming at the TV, thank the heavens.
At one point Chris left the room in order to shout. Brooks laughed at him. "They'll come back and win it in the third." Orpik said, and I nodded, only half paying attention to everything since I couldn't concentrate.
And how oh so right Brooks Orpik was.
My team, the Penguins, are always known for their work in the third period. And against the Oilers was no exception. With my Flower's saves and the Jordan line (Now nicknamed the line to fear), we were able to come back and win the game 3-2.
I smiled to myself as Chris and Brooks cheered. I could tell Marc-Andre wasn't as happy as he normally was.
Well, for one, he got hurt. I didn't hear what had happened, but since he continued to play since it was in the 2nd period, it couldn't have been anything too bad.
And second, when an Oiler crashed into him and the net, he showed unusual aggressiveness against him and pretty much tackled the other player.
I was shocked at the display from Marc-Andre, because he is always so passive and my sweet one. But then again, sometimes you need to release the pent up anger- or just release the competitiveness.
Marc-Andre is many things, and agressive isn't usually one of them. But competitive is definitely one. Well, everyone is; especially when it comes to sports.
Brooks was on the phone with someone, I think it was T.K. They would be back at the hotel soon and when Brooks hung up the phone, I questioned him.
"What's wrong with Marc? Is he alright?" I pushed him, sitting up and leaning against a pillow.
Brooks laughed and Chris left the room. "He is fine, just a little frustrated that he got hurt. But since they won, he is just fine."
I narrowed my eyes and Brooks raised an eyebrow. "What happened?" I asked him.
Brooks shook his head and chuckled at me again. "You will know when they get back. Don't worry so much, it isn't good if you are trying to get better." He said.
I sighed and leaned back against the pillow. "Alright, you win." I said and closed my eyes, rubbing my temples.
Brooks got up and pat my hand. "He is alright, Sierra." He winked. "He is lucky to have a girl like you."
I blinked a couple times, his sentence not making sense in my head. "Huh?" I asked.
Brooks chuckled. "You make him happy, Sierra. And he is always determined to make you proud. I think that is one reason he does so well. And you worry about every little thing. Guys may make it seem like he find it annoying, but really, we love it that our girl cares so much."
I nodded my head slowly as he smiled. "And he makes you happy too. You two are great for each other. I don't think I can see you guys with anyone else."
I raised an eyebrow. "Who are you, my father?" I asked jokingly, making us both laugh.
"Of course not. I'm just a teammate and a friend." He said as he got up. "I think I'll go bother Chris until everyone gets here. Will you be alright?" I nodded and he walked away. "See you later, Sierra."
I waved and closed my eyes, smiling at what Brooks had said.
I must have dozed off because I woke up to gentle lips on my forehead, and talking. I opened my eyes and Marc-Andre was smiling down at me.
I blinked in surprise and looked him up and down, making sure he was alright. He got the hint at what I was doing and raised his left hand to reveal a deep cut on his ring finger.
My eyes widened in surprise, blocking out Sidney and Geno talking, and took his hand in mine. Marc-Andre watched my closer as I raised his hand to my lips, and kissed the deep cut softly. "Are you sure you are ok? This doesn't look good." I said, my voice leaking with concern.
I felt the gentle caress of his thumb on my hand. "It's fine, it just hurts a little." He said quietly.
I nodded and kissed his finger again. "I want you to get it check when we reach Vancouver." I said.
Marc-Andre chuckled. "Alright, I will just for you." He said softly.
I look up and my hazel eyes met his dark ones. He had the most gentle smile on his lips, pure love showing in his eyes. "You should put a band-aid on it at least." I whispered to him.
His smile widened as he chuckled quietly. "Yes, my darling." He bent down and kissed my forehead and slowly stood up. I kept his hand in mine until it slid out as he walked away.
I watched as Marc-Andre went through one of my bags to find a band-aid, and I looked over at Sidney and Evgeni. "Good game." I said and they both looked over at me.
"How are you feeling?" Geno asked me, his broken English making me smile.
"Better, but my head still hurts. The sledge hammer feeling is gone though." I replied, and he laughed.
Marc-Andre came over and sat down behind me, pulling me into his arms. I leaned against him and closed my eyes as his chin rested on my head. "I love you." I said quietly as Sidney and Geno went back to chattering.
Marc-Andre kissed my head and I took his left hand in mine, holding his hand close. "I love you too." He replied in French, making a huge smile spread across my lips; my headache momentarily forgotten.