Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Stanley Cup Parade

The parade was absolutely crazy.
At the beginning in downtown Pittsburgh, there weren't that many people. We all pretty much just joked around with each other, and the guys decided it was a smart idea to try to throw a beach ball between the cars. Of course, it didn't last long when someone dropped it; much to my amusement.
But as our group of crazy, hyped up men (and then little me) got further into the city, the crowds grew in tremendous numbers! There were people hanging out of their apartments, and workers on the roofs of where they work. Everyone was so excited for us, and it made us quite proud.
We traveled the city, and Marc took a champaign bottle and sprayed it out to the crowd. I laughed as the crowd seemed to shriek in joy.
I looked around as people cheered for us. I spotted people wearing everyone's jersey; no one was forgetten in the least.
Eventually Sidney had me move to the roof of the truck. (Not something I'd recommend, even in a slow moving vehicle.) I sat centered, the Cup between my knees. Sidney and Marc-Andre kept cautious hands around my back so I don't go anywhere. Finally, when I was able to get a good grip on the Cup, I hoisted it in the air, ignoring the pain in my left wrist, and the crowd errupted in cheers. I laughed joyously, and judging by the shaking of the hands on my back, the guys were too.
I looked behind me and all the guys were shouting and cheering. They threw their hats into the crowds. I took mine off and threw it into the crowd where a little boy was wearing a Crosby jersey that was too big for him. He caught it and looked at me as I smiled at the boy. The joy in his young eyes made me feel good inside.
The car came to a sudden halt and I jolted only slightly forward. Marc-Andre's hand was clasped around my good wrist. I looked around curiously as the crowds started to yell "Lets go Penguins!". It was absolutely amazing.
Hands were suddently on my back and I looked behind me. Alot of the guys were there, others were cheering with the crowd. Sidney nodded and I held the Cup in my arms, well, as much as the big thing could fit in my arms. I was pulled gently from the car and was hoisted in the air by my team. It's good to be light weighted.
Mario was standing in front of the car, laughing. I started to laugh too, as the Cup was taken from my hands. I felt myself being lowered, and lost my balance from the guys, but strong arms came around me. "Easy there," Marc's voice floated into my ears. "We don't want you getting more hurt than you already are."
I bent my head back and met his eyes with a smile. "That wouldn't be good, would it?" I asked playfully and he chuckled, letting me go. I stood up when Geno suddenly grabbed my bad wrist, and started to pull me towards the crowd. "Ow, ow, bad wrist. VERY bad wrist." I said as the pain shot up my arm. Geno looked back at me and said something in Russian, which I knew as an apology; he let go.
I still followed him to the crowd though, and I noticed a little girl wearing a pink Penguins' shirt that sported my number. She looked up at me with big brown eyes and her mother put a hand on her shoulder. I came up to the girl and knelt down beside her. "So, a fan of mine are you?" I asked her, smiling at her.
Her big brown eyes only got bigger; she had to have been no more then 8 years old. "Y...yes." She answered in a quiet, shy voice.
I grinned down at her. "And why is that?" I asked and Geno walked away.
She seemed to shuffle shyly before answering. "'Cause you are the first and only female in the NHL." She said shyly and her mother chuckled slightly.
"What she also would like to say, is that you are a role model; proof that if you work hard enough, you can achieve your goals- especially now that you have the Cup." Her mother said.
I looked up to her mom and nodded. "Is that so?" I asked the girl and she nodded. I smiled. "Well, how about a little souvenir?" I asked her.
Her eyes brightened and I pulled asked around the crowd for a permenant marker. Someone gave me one and the girl turned her back to me. I signed her shirt and she turned around, joy clear on her cute little face.
"Thank you so much!" She said, her eyes filling with tears. I handed the permenant marker back and winked at her.
"You're welcome, hun." I said to her. "But now you have to pursue all of your dreams, and not let anyone interfere with them." She nodded and then she hugged me. I was taken by surprise, but held the little girl back.
I let go of her and stood up. "Take care!" I called to them, waving as I ran back to the team.
Sidney waved me over and I jogged to him. He placed his arm around my shoulder and spoke. "This is amazing, isn't it." He said, as if in a trance.
I laughed at him and pushed him away, gently. "Your dream has come true, brother." I said to him, glancing from the corner of my eye as he just stared at the Stanley Cup.
A small smile fluttered across his lips. "It has. I never thought..." He faltered and I rested my head on his shoulder. (Considering he is a lot taller then me; I got the short gene.)
"No one ever thinks they are going to win the greatest prize as a child, Sidney." I said to my elder brother; assuring him is not something I do often. "But you have done it. You are as great as they say."
He laughed. "Who are you? And what did you do with my twin." I nudged him in his side and he laughed more.
"We have never been the type of siblings to fight." I reminded him and he shrugged.
He looked at me. "But we are still competitive."
I shook my head in disagreement. "We were competitive. Since we have been on the same team, we arn't so much anymore." I told him and he nodded.
"I suppose you are right." He grinned like crazy children at each other.
"Such a sibling moment!" Max's voice interupted and I shot him a look. He only grinned his evil smile. "You might wanna get this little sibling moment over with, we're leaving." He said.
I was taken aback. Had we really been here so long. "Oh." I said as Sidney said, "Ok. It came together as sounding 'oh, ok.'
Max gave us looks as Sidney and I started laughing. "That...was a little freaky." He said to us.
Sidney and I grinned, and said at the exact same time, "It's a twin thing." Max shook his head and walked away.
We walked back to the car and I jumped up to my spot. Marc-Andre was already there and I smiled at him, feeling my stomach twist. I shook my head, thinking I was hungry.
We started to head back home; the crowds cheering, the team basking in the glory. I just laughed, exchanging looks with Sidney and Marc-Andre.