Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

The Past To The Future

The Penguins finally won a game without Captain Sidney, and I died laughing at Marc as I watched the game. He mocked Carey Price with a ‘gangsta’ pose, a pose that Price did after making a save on Kunitz last week.
Oh, Marc. What would I do without you?
I thought about staying up to wait for him, but then thought better of it. I’m still no where near one hundred percent, so I still needed to get lots of rest. Plus, the plane won’t arrive for a while yet. So bed time for me.
Marc ended up waking me up in the morning with a nice back massage. I moaned in delight as I slowly woke up. “Shouldn’t I be doing this to you?” I mumbled.
“Are you offering?” Marc replied in French, laughing a bit.
I snorted. “No.”
We both started to laugh and Marc pulled me into a sitting position. He kissed my lips as I mumbled against them. “You played brilliantly last night.”
Marc chuckled and stared at me. “And?”
“And you’re a riot,” I laughed. “Looks like you thought wrong when you thought the camera wouldn’t be on you.”
As usual, Marc-Andre just grinned that Marc-Andre-like grin. He pressed his lips to mine as a response, then pulled me to my feet slowly.
“Go get ready,” he whispered into my ear.
I gave my fiance a questioning look.
Marc laughed and smacked my butt to get me moving. I yelped in surprise, and he winked at me as I gave him a look. “Go get ready. We’re going to spend the day together. Once you’re ready, come downstairs.”
I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him playfully, and he just winked at me as he left to get ready.
I got ready fairly quickly, seeing as my head was cooperating with me today. I still don’t try to put in my contacts. I haven’t used contacts since I got injured, because I’m not sure how they’ll affect my head. One can never be too careful when it comes to concussions.
I head downstairs to see that Marc made me breakfast. Again. I grin as I wrap my arms around his waist, and ate a piece of the French toast he had on the plate in front of him.
“Hey! Not yet,” he scolded me, but I just gave him my puppy dog eyes and he sighed, letting me finish the piece that I was eating.
I giggle and we eat, his hand staying on my thigh all during breakfast as we chatted about the game.
He helped me into my pretty black coat and put my hat on my head as he kissed my nose, before getting his own coat and hat on. He told me we were just going to have a day for us, just a relaxing day where we just have each other, and just talk.
He takes my gloved hand in his and leads me out the door, and we are off on our walk.
Marc supports a lot of my weight as I lean on him, still not sure how well I can walk on the snowy surface. But I know he won’t let me fall.
We walk in a comfortable silence for a while before he spoke first, but not before bringing my left hand to his lips, and kissing where my diamond ring sits. “Do you remember when we first met?”
I laughed as I squeezed his hand. “Of course! I was like, what, fourteen? We met during that tournament. Sidney scored on you. It was amazing.”
Marc laughed. “Who knew that back then, we would actually be on the same NHL team together, and then you and me would end up as a couple?”
I just grinned. “I know. Back that, I was just concerned on playing my best so the world would see how good I am.” I look at him. “And I thought you were pretty cute. But boys weren’t on my mind at that age.”
“When were they ever?” Marc laughed, me joining in with him as well. “I’m your first everything, oui?”
“Oui.”
“And Sidney told me that it wasn’t until we became teammates that you actually noticed guys. Mainly me.”
I pretended to scowl. “Bloody brother!” We both laughed. “Spoiling my secrets!”
Marc kissed the top of my hat covered head. “It was funny to hear about that though.”
“Of course.” I winked at him.
I look down as we walk, admiring my footsteps in the new fallen snow. For some reason, the sight of the snow put a smile on my face. But that could just be because I’ve been cooped up inside for so long.
“I still remember seeing you that first day when you joined the NHL. I couldn’t believe that a girl was accepted into the league, let alone that girl who tackled her brother to the ground after he scored on me back when we were young teenagers.”
I laughed as I thought about that. I was so happy that Sidney scored a goal on my future fiance that I literally took my brother down to the ice, and then the rest of the people on the ice at the time collapsed on top of us. “Good times.” I grinned.
Marc let go of my hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, holding me closer to him as we wandered the sidewalk to the park that’s not far from our house. “That first day I saw you, you took my breath away,” he whispered. “I only saw you briefly under your helmet that day I met you, and plus, you grew in those few years to an extraordinarily beautiful young woman.”
I blushed and smiled at his compliments. “You were a little quiet, which I found weird because you were so loud on the ice whenever we played against each other.”
I chuckled. “You be a nineteen year old girl thrown into a world filled with adult men who are at least six inches bigger than you, and could top out at over a foot taller.”
Marc laughed. “You got me there, love.”
I shook my head, enjoying our conversation. Just so you all know, we are speaking nothing but French. We never really speak English when it’s just us. “You were a goofball, even then,” I said with a smile.
Marc’s thumb was rubbing my shoulder, even though I could barely feel it through my coat. “I think I was always a goofball,” he laughed.
“I wonder how Marylene lived with you,” I joked, getting a playfully evil look from the love of my life.
“Just like how you and Sidney lived with each other.”
I laughed. I knew he’d get me back.
“You’ve changed a lot.” I looked up at him questioningly. “When you were nineteen and twenty, you were pretty quiet. Shy almost.”
“Well, I did have a thing for our goaltender. That kind of makes a girl a bit standoffish.”
Marc-Andre laughed and pulled me with him as we walked along the edge of the pond by the park. “Touche, sweetheart. But then, almost all of a sudden, you took up this leadership role. You took Jordan under your wing and became quick friends with Colby and Kris as they joined the team. You started opening up and revealed your true personality.” He smiled down at me. “And that’s when I really started to fall in love with you.”
I smiled gently, knowing my cheeks are a bit rosy. But Marc can also feel that I’m getting a bit unsteady on my feet, so he clears the snow off a nearby bench, and we take a seat. “I guess I sort of just accepted who I am,” I stated. “I became comfortable with everyone.” I smiled as I looked out at the frozen pond.
Marc pulled my body into his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist, his cold lips pressed into my cheek. “Well, I’m glad.” He smiled. “You were so awkward around me.”
“I was awkward around you up until we started dating, you silly goofball.” I stuck my tongue out at him, and he kissed it, causing me to squeal with giggles.
“True enough,” he said with a large grin after he stopped kissing my tongue. “Emelie seemed to have fun with you.”
I snorted. “I loved her then, and everything, but she was way too crazy for me. I swore that she would get knocked up because she was such a party girl.” I paused, my gaze deep as I got lost in my thoughts. “I was scared for her. And, I’m beginning to see it now, that her disappearance was a good thing. It made her better. I’m not so worried about her anymore.”
“But?”
I met Marc-Andre’s dark gaze. “But she needs to figure out her feelings for Max.”
Marc nodded in agreement. “Before it hurts them both,” he whispered.
I sighed.
And Marc changed the subject.
“I remember the day she pushed you into me, when I was in but a towel since I just got out of the shower.”
I laughed hard, remembering all too well at how embarrassed and red I was. I was really pissed at her for that too. “Oh, my God. Now, that turns me on, but then, that was so horrible for me. I thought I was going to die.”
Marc’s lips pressed into mine as I felt his gloved fingers rub my back. “I would never let you die of embarrassment,” he said with a smile.
“I love you so much, Marc.”
He kissed me again, and I eagerly kissed back. “I love you too, my beautiful angel.”
I smiled at him before looking back over the pond. “The past is the past. Now, we need to look to the future.”
“Of marriage and happiness,” he added.
I grinned widely. “Of a family.”
I felt Marc kiss my neck through my hair, and right now, I feel better than I have in weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, I am looking for someone who wants to make a banner for my new story that I will be starting at some point. I already have to two pictures I want combined and the name, so if you are willing to make me a banner, please message me! It will be much appreciated :)