Status: Completed :)

Don't Walk Away

Four.

Cassie's Point Of View

I knew that by the time I’d gotten to school I’d already missed a lot and from the way everyone was looking at me, it seemed that they knew I had no idea what was going on at that moment. You see, I ended up being even later than I’d thought I’d be because after Brian left me standing there like a pathetic fool, I just lost it.

Tears started streaming down my face and I completely broke down. I knew he wouldn't want to help me with the baby but I didn’t expect him to just walk away the way he did. It made me feel like I was truly worthless to him. If he cared he wouldn't have left me like that.

It took me so long to calm down that I even considered not showing up at all. Not many would notice my absence seeing as there are really only two people in the entire school that I talk to, so that wouldn't be a problem. But if my parents ever found out...I’d be dead.

It took a few long deep breaths to get my mind straight enough to think straight, and as soon as I felt calm, knowing that I would be able to keep in control, I decided to head back to the school.

I’d been hiding out in an alleyway for hours and I knew if I stayed much longer I’d only be hurting myself. What I needed was to see my friends and get into school and learn. That would be normal. I’d feel like your average teenager then. Stuck in school, having fun with friends and learning whatever it is they’re forcing into us.

Walking down the corridors of the school was making me feel a lot more uncomfortable than I usually would. It’s probably just paranoia though. After what happened with Brian and me earlier, I suppose I'm just nervous about bumping into him. I know he’s in now so it’s not like it’s impossible that we’re going to see each other.

The looks I was getting were unnerving me. Something’s clearly happened while I was gone. There’s no way I'm imagining all of this.

This one guy who walked passed me just shook his head and looked at me like I was scum. What’s wrong with him? I don’t even know the guy and he’s giving dirty glares.

That wasn't all though. Whenever I walked by groups of people who were talking, as soon as they noticed me, they’d shut up and just watch me pass. It was creepy and I had no idea what was going on. This was so weird.

I saw Brian and his mates leaning up against a wall at the end of the corridor. They always hang out there, I don’t really understand why though; there are places a lot better than there around school.

Two of them, the taller one and a muscular looking one glared at me, Brian avoided turning around at all cost, the smaller one played along with Brian, acting like I wasn't there, but the one with styled black hair actually took noticed of me. He gave me a weak smile and a look of sympathy before turning back to face the group. Well that was nice of him wasn't it...Kind of?

I eventually managed to find Wes and Mel, my best friends. It was strange to see them by the canteen because we usually refuse to set foot anywhere near there; we like it outside. Once they saw me it looked as if they tried walking away. Why would they leave if they knew I was here?

“Wes!” I shouted. “Mel!”

They completely ignored me. What the hell is going on?

“Guys!” I shouted again, walking quickly to catch up with them as they walked into the canteen.

Once I caught up with them I gave them a slightly angry look, which they quickly returned to me.

“Didn't you hear me shouting?” I asked, sounding as irritated and annoyed as I was feeling right now.

“We heard,” Wes sighed.

“Just didn’t care,” Mel added, brushing some hair from her face.

That felt like a slap to the face. What have I done now? I seriously can’t think of anything I could’ve done to upset them like this. Why are they acting like they hate me?

“W-what?” I stuttered, fighting back tears already.

These are my best friends and they’re treating me like they wouldn't care if I just curled up and died right in front of them!

“We know what you did Cassie,” Mel hissed, looking at me with a look of disgust plastered across her face.

What was that supposed to mean?

“I-I don’t know what you’re on about,” I whispered nervously. We’ve never fallen out before and I know I haven’t done anything, so why do I suddenly feel so guilty?

“You and Brain flipping Haner sweetie,” she shouted. “The whole school know about it!”

I looked at her in shock. How would everybody know? Brian promised he’s keep that night secret...but that was before he knew about the baby.

“You knew he had a girlfriend,” she yelled at me, “but you still slept with him.”

My eyes moved onto Wes who was just staying quiet. I was hoping that he’d back me up; take my side. But all he did was shake his head at me and look down at the table he was sat at; doing his best to ignore what was happening between Mel and me.

I wanted to cry so much. Not only was my best friend turning on me and shouting at me in front of everyone, but she was making me thing about Brian again.

“There’s a name for girls like you, you know?” she hissed at me.

I shook my head at her, trying to take all of this in. She’s supposed to be my best friend!

“Just...Just s-stay away from me,” I whispered before turning my back on her and walking towards the exit of the room.

People started chanting things at me and at that point I couldn’t stop myself fr0om crying.

I can’t believe this is happening. Why would Brian tell them? I know he doesn’t want to be a dad but that doesn’t give him the right to tell the whole school I slept with him!

That could’ve been why he wouldn't look at me before! Because he knows that the whole school knows about us. Perfect! I can’t believe I thought I could trust him!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yey another update! :)

I'm happy I managed to do this one because i didn't really want to but when i got into it i was glad i started writing

And i got it up on Sunday like i said i would!!! :D

Anyway, I said I'd have about six chapters for this but I'm not sure if that's right or not anymore. It could be slightly over six or maybe just five but i'm not a hundred percent sure anymore hehe

Thanks to everyone who subscribed | commented |is reading this

- a7x.Sick.Puppie.x