First Love

chapter 18

Frank’s pov
Friday equaled my birthday and it’s safe to say I was busy as hell.
Once school finished Annie came home with me for a birthday late lunch/early dinner with my family. Let’s just say it was slightly awkward, everyone kept asking her questions and saying how cute we looked together, at certain points during the meal I had to try my hardest not to stick my fork in my eye.
After we finished eating I got to open my presents, opening one of the ones from my mum I almost died when a pair of superman y-fronts fell out.
“Mum,” I shouted in embarrassment while everyone else tried to contain their laughter.
“Aww, how cute!” said Annie holding them up.
“Traitor!” I said snatching them away from her.
Once we finished downstairs Annie came up to my room and gave me her present.
“You’ll probably think its lame, but I didn’t really know what to get you,” she said nervously.
“I’m sure I’ll love it,” I said with a smile.
Her wrapping skills weren’t exactly the best I’d seen, she covered pretty much the whole thing with sellotape so it took me a while to get it open.
“My dad always does that with our presents,” she said with a grin, as she watched me struggle.
Finally I got it open and pulled out a guitar strap which she’d customized for me.
“Annie, this is great,” I said looking closely at it. “the best present ever!” I said before kissing her.
“Really?” she asked pulling away.
“Yeah really,” I replied.
A little while later we got changed, my band was playing tonight and then we were going to go to this theatre that was showing a bunch of old horror movies. We’d all decided that as it’s Halloween we’re all going to wear costumes, mine was a skeleton and Annie’s was a pirate, the other guys had like vampire and zombie costumes.
Once we finished changing we headed of to the club where even though I say it after like all our shows, I was pretty sure that was the best we’d played so far, however the highlight of the night had to be Annie huddling close to me during the movie.
“Mmm. You know what Captain Annie,” I said as we walked home.
“Yes Frank the skeleton,” she replied looking at me.
“I wouldn’t mind shivering your timbers,” I said winking.
“That’s such a coincidence,” she said. “Because I was just thinking that I wouldn’t mind jumping your bones,” she said grinning before pulling me into a kiss.