First Love

chapter 40

Annie's pov
As I made my way to my aunt's store a girl walked up to me.
"You think you're all that don't you?" She said staring at me.
"Excuse me?" I replied.
"You little Californian girls coming here and acting like you're all that, like you're better than us." She continued.
"I have no idea what you're talking about." I replied trying to move away, as I did so the girl grabbed hold of my arm.
"I didn't say you could go," she said coldly.
"I'd like to see you try and stop me!" I replied pulling my arm away, next thing I knew she'd punched me in the mouth and pushed me to the ground.
"Can you see now?" She smirked before kicking me in the stomach.
"Look I don't know who you are or what you're on about but..." She cut me off by kicking me again.
"Hey! leave her alone." Shouted someone running over, I didn't see who it was but they sounded familiar.
"Whatever, I was leaving anyways. I think she got the message," the girl said before walking away.
"Here," said the other girl holding out her hand to help me up. As I did so I could hardly believe my eyes.
"Oh my goodness, Hannah!" I cried.
"Hey Red, long time no see." She replied as I hugged her.
"Oh my goodness, how are you?" I asked.
"I'm good, I'd ask you the same but it's kinda obvious. What was going on there?" She asked.
"I have no idea, I don't know who that girl was or what she was going on about." I replied as she helped me walk.
"It's good to see you," She said looking over at me. "I'm so sorry about everything before."
"Oh, don't worry about that. It's all in the past." I replied smiling.
She helped me to my aunts store, as she did so we talked about the past few years. It didn't feel weird at all. After my wounds were cleaned my aunt went out to fetch us some food.
"So um, how's your love life?" I asked not wanting to seem intrusive.
"Great," she replied smiling. "I have a girlfriend, Jessie, she's really great I think you'd like her."
"Well you'll have to introduce me," I said.
"Oh I will," She replied sitting down next to me.

Frank's pov
I arrived home after a few hours, hearing movement upstairs I went up to see whether it was Annie or my mum.
Seeing that my bedroom door was the only one open I walked in, as I stood in the middle of the room I heard the door close behind me before having a piece of material placed over my eyes.
"Shh," she whispered before pushing me down on the bed.
"Mmm, I knew you liked this kinda thing," I laughed as her lips met mine.
After a moment I began to feel as if something wasn't right, moving my hands up I pulled the makeshift blindfold off my eyes and came face to face with Kelly.
"Kelly what the fuck are you doing," I shouted trying to push her off me.
"Don't act like you don't want this," she replied.
"I don't!" I replied before she leant down and kissed me again.
Before I could try and stop her I heard the door open and someone gasp, Kelly sat up in my lap turned her head towards the door and smiled.
"Frank!" Said Annie looking shocked.
"Annie, look it's not what it looks like." I said.
"How could you do this to me?" She asked, tears forming in her eyes.
"Annie, please just let me explain." I said pushing Kelly off me.
"I have to go," said Annie before running down the stairs and out of the door.
"Annie wait please!" I shouted.
"Go fuck yourself," she shouted. "Or maybe your little tramp!"

I walked back into the house, Kelly was standing at the bottom of the stairs now.
"Why?" Was all I could say.
"I heard a little rumour about you and your little girlfriend, something about a proposal. Couldn't let that happen now could I?" She smirked.
I felt the blood boiling in my veins, I'd never wanted to hit a woman not even rystal when she cheated on me but I was so close now.
"Get out of my house. GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW!!" I shouted.
She kissed me on the cheek and left, as she did so I sat on the stairs and put my head in my hands before starting to cry more than I'd ever cried before.

Annie's pov
I ran as fast as I could, eventually catching up with Hannah before she'd got to her parents house where she was staying until she found a place for herself. Hearing someone running towards her she turned around, seeing the tears running down my cheeks her face turned to one of curiosity to concern.
"Annie, oh my god what's wrong?" She asked grabbing my arm.
"Frank...that girl...making out..." I managed to say in-between tears.
"What! Are you serious?" She asked.
"Yes," I replied as she pulled me into her arms.
"But I thought you guys were happy," she said into my hair.
"So did I," I replied crying harder.
"Ok ok, come with me." She said putting an arm around me and leading me into the house.
She sat me down on the couch before bringing me a cup of sweet tea and tissues.
"Is there anything I can do?" She asked.
"I don't know," I replied shaking my head.
"What exactly happened?" She asked softly.
"I went upstairs to change my clothes and as I opened the bedroom door he was on the bed with that girl who attacked me making out," I replied before blowing my nose.
"I'm so sorry," she said rubbing my arm.
"Thanks," I sniffed.
"Hey look, of course I'll have to ask my parents but I'm sure you can stay here tonight if you want." She said smiling slightly.
"I don't have any things," I replied looking down at myself.
"Well I'll go over to Frank's house and get your stuff."
"Really?" I asked looking up.
"Of course," She replied.
After giving me a hug Hannah asked if there was anything else that I needed before leaving to go and get my stuff, after she left I slowly lay down on the couch and closed my eyes hoping that sleep would help me escape from this nightmare.

Frank's pov
My mum came home soon after Annie ran out and found me crying on the stairs.
"Sweetheart what's wrong?" She asked bending down and stroking my head.
"Everything is ruined," I cried.
"What is," She asked.
Eventually I stopped crying long enough to explain to her the whole thing, I felt my heart break into a million pieces as I did so, it hurt more than anything in my whole life.
After I finished telling her what happened I went up to my room, walking in I locked the door and got into bed pulling the covers high above my head like a cocoon.
A few minutes later I heard knocking on my door.
"Mum I want to be alone," I shouted but the knocking continued. Eventually I got up and walked over to the door, after unlocking it I opened it to see it wasn't my mum that had been knocking.
"Hannah! What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked.
"I'm here to get Annie's stuff," she replied.
"Like hell you are, if she wants it she can get it herself." I said.
"She just caught you cheating! Do you realy think she wants to see you?" She asked.
"I wasn't cheating, Kelly tricked me. Hell for all I know you probably planned the whole thing with her, I mean you never wanted me and Annie together in the first place." I replied.
"Look I learnt my lesson the first time round, I don't play games anymore." She said.
"Yeah, well neither do I." I said defensively.
"Then why did she run crying to me?" She asked.
"It's none of your business." I replied before trying to close the door.
"It is after she ran crying to me," she replied putting her foot in the way.
"You have no right to butt into our business, so fuck off." I shouted pushing her away from the door, closing and locking it.
"Frank!" She shouted banging on the door.
I walked over to my stereo, turned it on and drowned out the sound of that hypocrite, how dare she come here after all that she did before? stupid bitch...

Annie's pov
I woke a few hours later to the sound of pans banging in the kitchen, I walked in to see Hannah and her mum preparing dinner.
"Hello," said her mum looking up at me.
"Hey," I said smiling slightly.
"How are you feeling," she asked laying a hand on my shoulder.
"I don't really know," I replied looking down.
"You'll be ok," she said hugging me.
"I hope so," I whispered.
As I pulled away from her I looked over at Hannah who looked kinda dissapointed.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Frank wouldn't let me take your stuff," she replied looking down.
"Oh," I said.
"Yeah he said if you want it yyou have to go and get it, I'm sorry." She said walking over to me.
"What else did he say," I asked.
"That it was all a big misunderstanding, that she tricked him. He even tried to blame me can you believe it?"
I just stood there not knowing what to say.
"I guess it wasn't a good idea sending you for my stuff," I said.
"Yeah, so what do you wanna do?" She asked.
"I guess I'll have to go myself, but not now, in the morning." I replied before offering my help to make dinner.

The next morning I woke up in the spare room of Hannah's parents house, I just lay there for a while thinking about Frank. I knew that he wasn't the kind of guy who cheats, but I know what I saw the day before.
Eventually I got up and walked over to Hannah's room to ask if I could borrow some clothes, she gave me a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and hoodie.
"Do you want me to come with you?" She asked.
"No, thankyou but I think it'll be better if it's just me," I replied.
"Ok then, I'll see you later."
"Yeah, see you later." I said before going downstairs and heading off over to Frank's house.
A few minutes later I arrived there and rang the doorbell, after what seemed like ages
the door opened and I stood face to face with a very red eyed Frank.
"I'm here for my stuff," I said as I walked in.
"Fine," he said sadly.
"What you're not going to try and explain what happened?" I asked.
"Would you even listen?"
"Yes," I replied sitting down.
"What happened to your face?" he asked sitting opposite me on the coffee table.
"You're little whore attacked me." I replied.
"I'm so sorry," he said taking my hand.
"It's ok," I replied as I pulled my hand away causing an expression of pain to cloud over Frank's face.
"Annie you know I wouldn't cheat on you," he said sadly.
"Then what happened?" I asked.
"I came back from meeting the guys and I heard a noise upstairs, I thought that it was you so I went up to my room and the next thing I knew I had a blindfold put over my eyes. I just thought it was you fooling around so I played along, she pushed me onto the bed and began kissing me but as soon as she did I knew it wasn't you so I pulled away and took the blindfold off. When I saw it was Kelly I tried to push her away but she wouldn't budge and then she kissed me again which is when you came in." He said looking me right in the eyes, he looked as if he was about to cry and I felt so bad for doubting him.
"I believe you," I said holding his hand.
"Then will you come back?" He asked.
"I don't know," I replied sadly. "I think I might just go home, I really do believe you but I'm still hurt by what I saw," I said tears forming in my own eyes.
"Go home, but we've hardly seen each other lately." He said.
"I know, but these few days were meant to be lovely but now they're just ruined. I think it's for the best." I said as a tear ran down my cheek.
Frank moved closer to me and kissed it away causing me to smile.
"I'm so sorry," he said cupping his hands around my face.
"Me too," I said before standing up.
"When do you think you'll go?" He asked.
"I don't know," I replied before walking upstairs and re-packing my suitcase.
Once I was done Frank helped me take it over to Hannah's house, as we stood on the doorstep he pulled me into a hug and I began to cry.
"I'll call you," he said efore kissing me softly.
"Ok," I sniffed.
"I love you so much Annie, you know that right?" He asked, I nodded yes before kissing him.
"I love you too Frank," I said before going inside.
Walking over to the window I watched him as he walked away, every few seconds he turned back to look at the house, every time he did I felt like I should be running to him not away but I'd made up my mind already.

Annie's pov
That evening I called the airline and changed my ticket home to a flight tomorrow afternoon, I had to just get away from here, clear my head.
"You know you can stay here for as long as you like," said Hannah's mum. "You don't have to leave so soon," she continued after I put the phone down.
"Thankyou very much, but I'd just rather go home right now." I replied before hugging her.
After dinner I went for a walk, I hadn't intended to but I ended up arriving in front of Franmk's house, as I walked towards the porch the front door opened and Frank and his two dogs came out.
"Hey," he smiled seeing me.
"Hey," I replied as he kissed me.
"Are you ok," he asked frowning slightly.
"Yeah I'm fine," I replied.
"You don't look too fine," he said taking hold of my hand.
"Oh thanks, how nice of you." I laughed.
"You know what I mean," he said tickling me.
"I changed my tickets to tomorrow afternoon," I sighed.
"You really wanna go?" he asked.
"Yeah, I mean I really want to be with you but I just don't feel right here, not now." I said looking away from him.
"I understand." He replied sadly.
"Do you still love me?" I asked playfully.
"Of course," he replied pulling me towards him and kissing me as the dogs tugged on their leads.
"I think they're getting a little impatient," I said looking down at them.
"Wanna go for a walk with us?" He asked still holding me.
"Yes," I replied as we began to walk down the street.
"So what time are you leaving?" Frank asked me slowly.
"Um I'm gonna leave Hannah's at around 11.30," I replied taking hold of one of the dogs leads.
"Eleven-thirty," he repeated.
After taking the dogs around the block Frank walked me to Hannah's house again.
"You gonna come see me off?" I asked.
"Of course," he replied kissing my neck.
"Good, I don't want to have to wait another damn month until I see my little Frankie again," I said as his mouth moved closer to my lips.
"Not so much of the little," he replied before kissing me softly.
"Mmm, I'm sorry." I said smiling into his lips.
"Goodnight beautiful, I love you." He said as he pulled away.
"Goodnight, love you too," I said as he kissed my hand gently, before taking the lead out of my hand and walking away.
I walked inside feeling both happy and sad, after greeting everyone I headed upstairs to bed, the past couple of days had been so draining that I didn't care how early it was I needed to sleep.