First Love

chapter 5

Frank's pov
My mum managed to get a tv put in my room, I sat watching it all day wondering what the point of daytime tv was.
Every so often various family members came in to see me, my dad felt really bad about what had happened but I knew he wasn't to blame.
At around 4 there was a knock on the door, I shouted for whoever it was to come in. Turning my head towards the door I saw Mikey open it and walk in with Annie following behind him.
'Oh my god!! why is she here? I look like crap...I can't have her see me like this!'
"Hey man, how are you doing?" asked Mikey sitting at the foot of the bed.
"Oh great, yeah in-fact I've never felt better," I replied sarcastically.
"I'm glad to hear it," said Mikey with a grin.
I looked over to Annie who was standing by the door.
"I'm sorry about the other day," I said with a little smile.
"Are you serious? there's no reason for you to apologise for not showing up, you've been in hospital." She said walking over to the bed.
"Hey uh, I can't stay for very long, Gee's asked me to go some place with him." Said Mikey hitting my feet.
"Oh uh, that's ok man, hopefully I'll be home pretty soon so we can just hang out there." I replied kicking him.
After about 10 minutes he left leaving just Annie and myself.
"So I brought you some things," she said holding up a bag. "I wasn't really sure what you'd like so I hope these are ok." she continued taking a couple of music magazines, comic books and candy bars out of the bag.
"Thankyou, these are great," I said shifting over in bed. "You wanna sit and read some with me?" I asked pointing to the now empty space at the head of the bed.
"Yeah," she replied sitting down.
'Wow, she smells so good.' I thought feeling a little more excited than I should, she was so close that I could feel the warmth of her body.

Annie's pov
I felt a little awkward sitting so close to Frank, maybe it was because I was worried I'd hurt him or something else. Was it obvious that I liked him? I mean Hannah had figured it out.
"Um Annie."
"Yes," I said turning to look at Frank.
"I just wanted to say thankyou," he said with the cutest smile.
"You already thanked me silly," I said shaking my head.
"For the stuff yeah, but I mean for coming here." He said brushing his hand against my arm.
"That's ok," I replied, I think I was blushing and I hoped that if I was he hadn't noticed. But then I saw that his cheeks appeared a little flushed too.
'Oh my gosh! does he feel the same? oh please why would he it's not like I'm pretty or even that interesting. plus I have arguments with myself. I'm hardly great girlfriend material.'
We were still looking at each other when a woman walked in, she had the same beautiful eyes as Frank and shoulder length dark hair.
"Hello," she said smiling at me.
"Hi," I replied before turning to look at Frank again and raising my eyebrows.
"Oh um, Annie this is my mum Linda, mum this is my friend Annie." He said gesturing towards us when he metioned our names.
"It's very nice to meet you," I said standing up and holding out my hand.
"You too sweetheart, Frank's told me so much about you," She said taking my hand.
'Frank's been talking about me to his mum!'
"Mum!" He said in a 'why did you just say that?' kinda tone.

Frank's pov
I couldn't believe what my mum had just said, and what she was about to do.
"You know Frank's going to be able to go home tomorrow, maybe you could come over during the weekend and have a little play date." She said laughing.
'Oh my God! did she want to put me in more pain than I already was?'
Annie looked a little embarrassed which was hardly a suprise.
"Yeah um, I don't see why not," she replied with a weak smile. A few minutes later she excused herself saying that her aunt would probably want her home for dinner soon.
I sat for a while just glaring at my mum.
"Well I thought you liked her?" she said innocently.