Questions

Question 10

Image

After the whole debacle with my parents our whole New Year’s party was put to a stop. Literally, we all just sat around and did nothing. We had a quiet night and didn’t even stay up to see the ball drop. Seeing the ball drop was all Jordan and I could talk about the days prior to the argument. We were planning on doing the cliché kiss at midnight thing. After my parents, we didn’t even speak of it. Jordan broke down later that day. I hate that my parents made him feel this way.

The police tried to get me to press charges. I won’t though; even after all they did to me. I don’t want to deal with them anymore then I have to. From what the police told me they flew back to Joplin. I had so many missed calls from both of them. I started getting threatening messages and calls. I had to get my number changed.

It’s been a month since the incident, so we are slowly approaching February. Jordan had to move. It was getting to be too much for him and his parents to live there. He moved to another small town in Indiana. It was apparently more accepting then Joplin, but then again anywhere is more accepting then there.

I was planning to spend the summer out there with them. While Jordan and his parents were planning on spending Valentine’s Day out here in California. I was nervous about seeing his parents as their son’s boyfriend, instead of best friend. I mean I know they always liked me because I wasn’t homophobic. They knew that I never trash-talked gays to hide my sexuality. I think they both had their thoughts about me though.

-

I look over at the clock smiling it was almost twelve, meaning Jordan got off of work soon. He seemed kind of miserable after the move, even though he denies it. I know he’s only doing that so I don’t feel bad. I knew he was going to miss Cady and Stephen. He was basically the thread that connected Grant, Cameron and I to them. But his voice has now lost the faked happiness he had been producing.

He said he had made some new friends. I can’t really keep track of their names though. I only can remember the old friends, Cady and Stephen. I still talk to Stephen occasionally. Cady and I were never that close.

Exactly at twelve my phone rings. I grin when I see the caller I.D. “Hey babe.” I coo into the phone, imagining how cute he must look right now.

“Hey Chris,” his voice is loving and soft. “How are you?”

“I’m fine, how are you?”

“I’m fine, just a little tired, wish you were here so we could cuddle.”

I awe in my head. I can only imagine how adorable he looks when he’s tired. “I wish I was there, with you. You have no idea, but if all goes well I’ll see you in two weeks.”

“No.” he responds. My heart beats faster. Was I really going to have to wait to see him again? I can’t deal with these long gaps.

“What do you mean?”

“It’s not an ‘if’, it’s a yes. We bought tickets last night! My parents are really excited. I mean they’ve met you before, but now that they know we’re dating they’re really excited to re-meet you.” He giggles a bit.

“I just hope I don’t look like an idiot.” I mumble.

“You wont, I know that. So… um… Chris, my parents want to know. They’re like just wondering and all. How are you doing financially, they’re just worried about you?”

That tugs on my heart that my boyfriend’s parents care more about me then my own.

“Tell them not to worry. I’ve been saving since I started working at fourteen. And my parents never paid for anything related to college. I’m fine, love. I have a full two year scholarship. I’m fine for a while. Tell your parents I said thanks for caring about me."

"I will. I really can't wait to see you. As soon as I got on the plane I missed you, there's probably something wrong with that, but I don't care."

I smirk at his words, "I felt the same way too. You have no idea how much I miss you. All the stores are covered in those cheap, heart-shaped cardboard containers with chocolate inside them. Every time I see all of it, I'm just all, 'Jordan likes chocolate.'"

I hear Jordan giggle and can’t help but smile.

Who’s on the phone, Jordan?

“-It’s Chris, Mom-“

“Hi Mrs. W,” I say into the phone, knowing Jordan will repeat it to his mom.

“My mom says hi back, Chris. So how is everybody out there?”

“Cameron and Grant are both good. I think Cameron has a girlfriend, though he denies everything.”

“It’s always like that with him, I thought. You never find out who he’s dating until they break up.”

“Yeah, that’s a good point.”

We talk about everything and nothing for the next two hours. I don’t understand how he can listen so attentively as I complain about my classes. He mentioned more about some of his new friends and I managed to remember some of there names.

I sigh when I hear Jordan’s mom yelling at him to get off the phone. I couldn’t wait to see him in two and a half weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh not a fan of this chapter because its a filler, but it was needed.
And i think I'm going to post Chapter 10 in Jordan's PoV next. His PoV chapters will be know as 'Answers' instead of Chris' who's are 'Questions'. I think this has anywhere from ten to fifteen more chapters left. :D After this is done I'm going to start on the sequel to Warped Tour Lover, so if you've read it and have been waiting, it's coming soon! If you haven't go check it out, if you need to read more of these two!

And Thank You<3
loveislouder
xoshaynasamixo
Dousan Mandic.
IntentToStartAFire
Juli_Tabouli