Status: Hiatus

I Feel Our Memories Fade With Time.

Ring

*~Mikey’s POV~*

“Who dares interrupt my bass playing?” I asked myself, glaring at the ringing phone as I picked it up. “Hello?”

“What’s up, dad?”

“Hey, Tyler, what’s going on?”

“Not much, sitting home alone-well not exactly alone. I’m being attacked by a dog.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, Steph’s been really stressed out about school and stuff, so we decided to get a puppy.”

“Aww how cute. So how is she?”

“Since we got the puppy, she’s been happier. I overheard her talking to Katie though, and I think she wants to take the relationship a step further.”

“You want to propose?”

“I do, but I still wanna wait. She wants me to now I think.”

“Well, your mom was around the same age when I asked her.”

“Yeah, but you’re older than her.”

“True. Son, you do what you think is right.”

“I don’t have the ring though. That’s mainly why I called. Do you think you could mail it or something?”

I paused at the question. I didn’t want to risk shipping it for the fear of having it lost in the process.

“Dad?”

“I’m thinking. I don’t know if I want to ship it. I just don’t want to take the risk of it getting lost or something. How about if I fly out there to visit for a couple days, and bring it with me?”

“That would work, and we’d get to see you. Maybe invite Steph’s parents too?”

Something suddenly dawned on me. “I could, but wow I barely know her parents.”

“Go talk to them then. Update them on us and ask them if they wanna come visit too.”

“I think that is an awesome idea. I’ll call you when I book the flight and stuff.”

“Thanks, dad.”

“See you soon, and son? Don’t stress over the thought of proposing too soon. You do it when you feel it’s right.”

“Thanks, dad.”

Tyler hung up and I went upstairs to the safe. I grabbed the ring, then went out. First to the cemetery to see Lisa.

“How’s it going, sweetie? Listen, I came to say some important things.” I paused, squeezing the ring tightly in my hand. “I’m holding your wedding ring here. The first time I’ve taken it out other than showing it to Tyler once. I’m taking it with me when I visit him soon. You may soon be getting a daughter-in-law.” I paused again, feeling a sudden wave of sadness. To the point where I almost broke down. Instead, I kneeled in the grass. “Our son is growing up so fast. If you were still here, you would be so proud of him. Though I can sense it now that you’re watching over him. Guiding him in the right direction in times when I feel I can’t. I love you, Lisa.”

I paused for a moment before leaving. I drove to Stephanie’s house, parking alongside the curb. After a moment of hesitation, I went and knocked. It was slightly awkward at first, but we soon warmed up to each other. Making jokes that we never talked, yet our kids were on the verge of getting engaged. We talked for almost an hour over coffee.

“So listen. I’ll head off now, but I was going to ask you. I talked to Tyler this morning, and made plans to go visit, probably this weekend. I wanted to ask if you wanted to come with. I could pay for everything with no problem.”

“Oh that would be lovely, but are you sure there’s no problem?” Steph’s mom asked.

“No problem at all. I have the money, obviously. So tell me: are you in?”

“Sure,” both of them said.

“Cool. I’ll book it and come back with the tickets.”

We agreed on the flight, then I headed back home. I called up Tyler, but couldn’t get him.

“Hey, Ty, it’s dad. Call me back when you get a chance.”

I went and watched a movie, knowing that I couldn’t wait to fly out and see them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long, I'm running short on short-term ideas for this story. >.< I apologize in advance it it begins to get rushy.

*Takes cherry condoms and runs* <-- Only Steph and maybe Katie will get that. XD