Status: Hiatus

I Feel Our Memories Fade With Time.

Summer Fireworks.



*~Tyler’s P.O.V~*

While walking to the fireworks, I noticed my dad seemed upset about something. I was curious, but I wasn’t gonna ask until we got home by ourselves. We flopped down on our blankets in our spot. Grandma and grandpa sat close to each other, as did the other guys and their wives. Dad sat close to grandma, and I sat with my cousins in front of everyone. Random people kept coming up asking for autographs, but it wasn’t out of the ordinary. Dad and I would be walking down the street and someone would walk up and ask for an autograph.

“The fireworks are gonna start soon,” Aiden said, leaning into me.

I smiled at him. “Yep. I love fireworks. Dad? Do you have any sparklers?”

“Yes. Here. Frank? Can I have your lighter?”

Uncle Frank tossed his lighter over and dad lit some sparklers for us. It was fun, until Natalie nearly burned her hand. She ran into aunt Emily’s arms crying. That lasted about two minutes then she wanted another sparkler. I laughed and Madeline nudged me.

“Yes, Maddie?” I turned to her.

“You’re it,” she said, poking me.

“Oh, no you didn’t.”

She giggled, then got up and ran. I ran after her.

“Tyler, don’t run to far!” dad shouted.

“You too, Maddie,” Megan said.

We chased each other around for a bit, until the lights went down. Then we ran back to the blanket and sat down to watch the fireworks. I just watched, listening to everyone around me with their ohh’s and their ahh’s.

Mom, you would’ve loved these. I miss you.

After the show, we gathered up our blankets and walked home. From there everyone else left. I helped dad clean up the house a little.

“Tyler? How would you like to see Grandpa Cheech?” dad asked.

“Really?” I looked up at him happily.

I hadn’t seen him in so long. I missed him.

“I was going to call him this weekend.”

“And Grandma Linda too?”

“Well, not exactly. She’s not around anymore.” He hung his head.

“What happened?” I asked, thinking about how mom died.

“Uncle Frank told me today. Grandma was so upset over what happened to mom, that she died also.”

“With the pills in the bathtub?”

“No. I don’t know how.”

“Oh.” I was starting to remember how dad told me about mom.

I didn’t want to remember, but it was there. After we finished cleaning up, I went to my room and watched a movie.


Warning: You may need some tissues for the next chapter.....Just giving a heads up....