Status: Updating Daily

A Fabric Slipper is Better Than Glass

Ribbon (Three)

When I felt eyes burning into me, I turned to see maybe... five boys? staring at me, wide eyed and mouths gaping.

"Hello." I said, addressing them all in a way that was polite.

"Hi." The one with snake bites and a nose ring said, as the pushed down the stairs.

"Derrick, introduce your friends." Derrick's mom said, setting a bowl of mashed potatoes on the table.

"Ribbon, the band. Band, Ribbon." He grumbled, sitting down at the table.

After they introduced themselves, and I politly said hello to each one, we all sat down at the dinner table. The band joked around, and explained to me what type of music they played- and soon my smile was real and I was really enjoying myself. The ham was delicious, and I complementes Mrs. Jones on that many times. I used perfect table manners and everything was perfect.

But Derrick had to ruin it. He had to open his big mouth and he had to be the bad guy- my parents had been happy with me until he started talking to me.

"How come you can be so nice to my friends, but not me?" He asked, causing my smile to faulter.

"Excuse me?" I asked, looking confesed, while keeping a flawless smile on my lips.

"Earlier, you were so... dare I say rude? Yes, rude at the ballet."

"I think your mistaken." I said, my eyes pleading for him to stop, as I felt my parents eyes like hot coals in my side.

"No, no it was you, I remember what was it you said... oh yes- Get this straight. I dont like you. I dont know you. I dont want to." he said, flawlessly reapeating what I had said to him.

I felt my mouth gape, as my parents thanked The Jones for the lovely meal, before pulling me out of the house. They were silent in the car ride home, and dad's grip was so hard- his knuckles were white. Mother was ridged, and I was just about shaking in fright... and betrayal. All I asked, all I asked of him was to pretend I had been nice. I was shaking in fright as well as cold- because my leather jacket was still back at the Jones.

When we got back to the house, dad pulled me roughly inside, and mom trailed silently. I was scred out of my mind, and when dad pushed into the house, mom locked it behind her when she came in the house. I saw mom get up and walk upstairs only meaning on thing- I was getting it bad.

Mom left at these times- because she's squimish around blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Thanks Giving everyone!