Status: Complete

New Moon's Love

Chapter 5

I was drawn from my thoughts when Jake came back in the house and sat bedside me on the couch. He wrapped his arms around me and puled me on to his lap.

“I need to talk to you.” He whispered in my ear.

I stood up and grabbed his hand, leading him up to my room. I sat on my bed and he sat next to me. He wrapped an arm around me and kissed my temple.

“The pack is going off to try and find a vampire that has been in the area. We chased her to the Canadian border a few days ago, but she's back. I talked to Sam, Paul and my dad and they thought it would be best if you stayed with me while we're still here.”

“Really?!” I asked, sitting up.

“Yeah.” He said smiling at my enthusiasm. “We should get going. We have school tomorrow.”

I grabbed a backpack and threw a change of clothes in it. Jake grabbed my hand before walking down the stairs to the door.

“Bye Paul!” I shouted. He grunted in response. I snorted and walked out to Jake's Volkswagen Rabbit.

I shivered and wrapped my arms around myself as we met the cold night air walking outside from the warm house. Jake wrapped an arm around me and I instantly warmed up. I threw my backpack in the back seat and climbed in the passenger seat. Jake started the car and placed a hand on my thigh.

We pulled up to his house.

“Hi Billy.” I said as we walked into the house. He was watching a baseball game on TV.

“Hello Maddie.” He smiled at me. I smiled back. Jake placed a hand on the small of my back and led me to his room.

He layed down on his bed and patted the spot next to him. I layed down and he pulled me to his chest and stroked my hair. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

*****************

I woke up to sun shining on my face. I felt a warm arm around my waist and hot breath on my neck. I rolled over and came face to face with Jake. He was laying on his stomach with his arm around my waist. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep. I kissed his nose and he smiled in his sleep. I brought my hand up to his hair and laced my fingers into his hair. His hand ran up my side and up my arm to my hand. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips. His eyes opened and he smiled at me.

“Morning.” He said.

“Morning.” I smiled back at him.

I got up and grabbed my backpack, heading to the bathroom. I changed into my clothes, brushed my teeth and pulled my hair up into a ponytail. I walked into the kitchen to find Jake fixing toast, dressed in a pair of cut-offs, his hair sticking up in different directions.

I sat down at the table and Jake placed a plate of toast in front of me. He sat beside me and took a piece off the plate.

We ate in silence before heading off to school. He dropped me off at the Middle School before driving off to the High School.

“Hey Maddie.” My best friend Seth Clearwater met me at my locker.

“Hey Seth.” I said. The bell rang signaling it was time for first period.