Sequel: Haunted
Status: Re-posted and Completed. :)

Untouchable

Eighteen

When Kellan heard those words, he stopped the car instantly. Both Emma and Logan jerked forward and hit themselves against the two front seats. Logan groaned, while Emma hiccupped and giggled, as she helped herself up. Kellan griped the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles turned white. He didn’t know what to believe at the moment and he only grew angrier by the minute.

Emma leaned against his seat and hiccupped again, “I told you she wasn’t who you thought she was.”

Kellan pushed her back and she just laughed as her body collided with the backseat. Kellan pressed his foot hard against the gas pedal and the car roared to life again as he drove faster than before. The tires continuously shrieked against the street as he drove.

“Now, don’t you feel so betrayed right now? I told her to tell you, but she just wouldn’t listen to me.” Emma said nonchalantly as she shrugged her shoulders.

“Emma, just shut up! Just shut the fuck up before I make you!” Kellan boomed in anger without even glancing her way. Emma remained silent.

Selena’s house soon came into view and Kellan drove the car even faster if it were possible. Kellan quickly parked the car and got out, not caring about either Emma or Logan who were still in the car. He walked up the path to Selena’s house and banged on the door repeatedly.

“Open the door right now, Selena!” Kellan yelled angrily. As he waited, he walked back and forth impatiently; his temper was growing by the minute and he didn’t know whether or not he could control it. Emma was slowly making her way next to him and didn’t say a word.

Selena quickly opened the door and was about to ask what was wrong, but Kellan pushed past her into the house forcefully. One look at Emma and Selena knew that there was trouble ahead.

Taylor, who was currently at Selena’s house, came into view as he heard the loud commotion going on at the door. Taylor furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when he saw how angry Kellan was and Emma’s disordered appearance. Selena walked over to Kellan and tried grabbing his hand, but he yanked his arm and then pushed her away from him.

“Don’t touch me.” Kellan said, through clenched teeth. He looked at Selena with dark eyes, and Selena gulped in fear.

“Kellan, why are you acting like this?” Selena asked timidly.

“Oh, don’t act like you don’t know why I’m acting like this! You know exactly why.” Kellan looked down at the girl in front of her the same way he looked at Emma when he found her with Logan.

Selena didn’t respond and Kellan knew she wasn’t going to admit it. Kellan walked over to Emma who was leaning against the doorframe. She covered her body with her hands since Taylor’s look made her feel more ashamed then before.

“Tell her what you told me in the car.” Kellan demanded. Emma avoided coming into contact with Selena’s eyes and remained silent again.

“Say it!” Kellan yelled.

Emma whimpered and blurted out, “I told him the truth, okay! I told him how you lied about Steven and what he really did to you!” Emma’s let out a sob as Kellan let go of her.

Kellan looked toward Selena with a hurt expression, “How could you do this to me, Sel?”

Tears started streaming down Selena’s pale face, “Kellan, I can explain---“

“Explain, what? How you purposefully lied to me about your ex-boyfriend beating you?” Kellan got closer to Selena as he yelled and hovered over her small frame. Selena looked up at him in fear and more tears fell down her face.

“Kellan, you have to hear her out. Selena had a reason why she didn’t want to tell you,” Taylor said, jumping into the verbal argument. Kellan looked back and forth from the both of them.

“You mean to tell me that you knew about all of this all along? You are such a two-faced dick of a best friend!”

“Kellan, Selena told me and made me promise not to tell you! Do you think I didn’t try to go against her and tell you?” Taylor tried saying more, but Kellan didn’t hear it.

Selena was sobbing soft tears as she tried to get Kellan to listen to her, “Kellan, please listen to me. I was only trying not to hurt you again. I didn’t want to hurt you, I swear. I didn’t tell you because, I don’t know, I got scared of what you would do!” She grabbed his hand again and pleaded, “You have to believe me, Kellan!”

Kellan shook his head and he clenched his teeth, “You were afraid of what I would do? Did you think I wouldn’t do anything about that asshole abusing my own girlfriend? That just makes you the most horrible person in my eyes.”

Kellan pushed Selena away from him again and Selena’s sobs were uncontrollable at this point.

“Kel, Emma nor Selena didn’t mean for you to find out this way. Emma was…drunk. She didn’t mean to.” Taylor said defending Emma. Kellan’s only response was a scoff as he heard Taylor out.

“Sel,” Emma called out to Selena. Rage filled her body as she looked up and faced Emma.

“What the fuck could you possibly want Emma?” Selena spat. The venom in each of her words flowed out like the venom in a snake as it bites its prey.

“Sel, I didn’t mean for any of this to happen,” Emma whispered. Tears were already falling down her face and her once beautiful makeup was now staining her pale cold cheeks.

Selena pulled her hair back and more tears came down out of frustration, “Well, you know what Emma? It happened. It fucking happened. I can’t believe you did this to me! You the one person who I trusted and didn’t push away, and look what you do: you go and fuck that pathetic excuse of a guy Logan and stab me in the back! You’re fucking unbelievable!”

Emma gasped and looked over to Taylor. Taylor’s just stood in shock as Selena’s hateful words were sinking into his brain. Emma cried harder as she looked into Taylor’s hurtful eyes. Emma turned back to Selena.

“Selena, I’m so so sorry.” Emma sobbed and looked down at her feet, ashamed.

“Well, sorry’s not good enough, Emma.” Selena looked at Emma with so much hatred as she said the next four words: “You’re dead to me.”

Hurt filled Emma’s eyes and her sobs became heavier. She felt ashamed, weak, empty, and broken as more and more tears fell down.

Kellan watched the scene before him and grew tired of it all, “You know what?” Kellan said looking at the three of them, “I’m done with this. I’m done with all of you!”

He turned around and heading for the door without saying another word.

“Kellan, wait!” Selena shouted chasing after him. It was too late for Kellan was already out the door and walking into the dark night. Selena looked at neither Taylor nor Emma as she followed Kellan out the door.

Kellan opened his car door in a rush and got into the car. He slammed the door shut hard, put the keys in ignition, and the car roared to life again.

“Kellan, where are you going? Don’t leave like this!” Selena pleaded, as she made her way around his car. She opened the passenger side door and got in.

“Selena, get out of the car right now!” Kellan demanded, while trying to shove her out. Selena refused to and remained in place.

Before Selena could say anything, Kellan immediately pressed down on the gas pedal and Selena had to grab on to the dashboard because Kellan was driving too fast.

“Kellan, please don’t tell me your trying to look for Steven? Kellan, don’t!” Selena looked at him, but Kellan’s eyes were glued to the road. Selena saw his hands grip the steering wheel tighter and Selena grew scared.

“Kellan,” Selena pleaded again, but he didn’t budge. After a few minutes, Kellan stopped the car. Selena looked out the window and saw Steven’s apartment. Selena shuddered in fear as she knew what was about to happen.

Kellan got out the car and soon enough he was banging on Steven’s door with so much anger than before he had when he had gotten here.

“Kellan, please! Let’s just leave,” Selena grabbed at his arm and tried pulling him away from the door.

When Steven opened the door, Kellan yanked his out of Selena’s grasp, and punched Steven dead in the face with his right hand. Selena gasped at Kellan’s sudden action and she knew that something bad was about to happen next. Steven grabbed his jaw and Selena saw his eyes turn dark as he turned his head and stared at Kellan.

Steven stepped forward and pushed Kellan with so much force. “What the fuck what that for, man?”

Steven stepped in front of Kellan’s face and Kellan pushed him back. “Why don’t you try to kick my ass like you’ve been doing to her, huh? I dare you too,”

Steven glared at Kellan, “Screw you, bastard.”

The next moment, Selena saw Steven tackle Kellan onto the front lawn and Steven was throwing punches at Kellan’s face. The only thing that was heard was Selena’s constant pleads and screams, begging Steven to stop. Kellan punched Steven in the face again and was able to flip him over and be in the same position that Steven was before. Kellan repeatedly punched Steven in the face and was able to avoid the punches that Steven was trying to throw at him. Steven then wrestled around to get away from Kellan, but Kellan was determined to hurt him so bad that all his punches would leave a mark.

Selena yelled at Kellan to stop, but he wouldn’t listen. The only thing Selena could see was blood gushing out of Steven’s nose and mouth. She stepped in front of Kellan and pushed him off of Steven to make him stop. Kellan finally got off and Steven’s blood trickled down his knuckles. Steven was sprawled on the front lawn, clutching his nose and moaning in pain. Selena shook from head to toe as she watched Kellan get up from the ground in silence.

He started walking away but Selena called him. Kellan turned around and breathed in and out heavily as he looked at Selena, “I don’t know what’s worse: the fact that I actually believed you were someone different or the fact that I was too stupid to see past all of this.”

Selena opened her mouth, but then closed it. Her upcoming words were overpowered by tears. Kellan’s blue eyes burned with hurt as he stared at the girl he thought he loved.

“It’s over between us, Selena. You wanted me to stay away, well now look, I am. I miss that girl who I accidently slammed a door in her face and called me an angel, despite her bloody appearance. Or the girl who risked being thrown into the water and not given a care if she was going to drown or get eaten by a shark. That’s the girl I fell in love with. But now as I look at you, I don’t even know why I did.” Kellan started walking towards his car, which was on the close to where Selena was standing.

He turned to face her one last time, “You were just another mistake.”

Selena looked down at the ground as she felt him walk away from her. She heard the car door slam and the car slowly driving away. Selena felt like her chest was empty and dark; there was no longer a beating heart that would beat rapidly whenever she was around Kellan. Continuous sobs escaped Selena’s lips as she fell to the ground and felt the world around her turn into a cold, dark, and empty place where she knew she was going to be for a very long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's baccccccccckkkkkk. :)

Inspired by: Hallelujah - Kate Voegele