What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall in Love?

Something That I Did Not Expect

Somewhere along the way, as we waited for Brian, Josh and Stephen to show, we ended up migrating to Jess's bedroom to watch movies. Right now, they were throwing as much crap as possible laughing as they did so. Pencils, paper, paper clips, and a random assortment of shit was going everywhere.

I laughed at how much of a mess this was making. Both of them were laughing and I was smiling at how childish they were. I wasn't even bothering with trying to pay attention to the tv.

After awhile more of this, I felt myself getting hungry. Popcorn? I thought to myself. Whether or not we were going to watch the movie I did want some.

"Hey Jess?" I asked her.

Her head snapped up and they both stopped for a moment. "Yeah?"

"I want some popcorn. Where do you guys keep it?"

"Uhh...In the cabinet next to the fridge. And I mean the top one, not the bottom. Also, if you're thirsty we keep Arizona's in the cabinet underneath that one."

I smiled. "Thanks. Do you guys want anything else while I'm there?" I asked them both.

"Nope." Jess said, tossing a sock at John.

"Nah." John said, "Though I do hope you plan on sharing that popcorn you're getting, or you may just get involved in this little war of ours." He finished throwing another paper at Jess.

"Obviously" I smiled as I walked away.

***

I stood there waiting for the popcorn to be ready, drinking some Arizona as I did so.

Suddenly, I felt some lips light as a feather, briefly touch my exposed neck, followed by the heat of someone's breath.

My heart stuttered and my mind began freaking out. Who could it be? Obviously the only logical thing was that it was one of my sister's many boyfriends. It just had to be.

I slowly turned around to face this stranger. I looked up to meet the eyes of the eyes of a beautiful boy. He resembled John, who told me the boy named Stephen that was coming over later, was also his brother. I'm supposing that this was Stephen.

His eyes were bright with what appeared to be joy. And although it wasn't obvious on the surface, aside from the slight smile, he was happy to see me. Well, my sister.

"Hey, babe." His hand meeting mine as he spoke. "I'm just dropping by really quick, but I wanted to check and see if we were still on for tomorrow..?" He looked at me hopefully.

I was thinking things over as quickly as possible. Obviously my sister had forgotten to tell Stephen that she was going to be gone for a while. She must've not cared too much for him, to have not bothered to remember. Either way, I'm sure all she wanted him for was a quick fuck. I wouldn't put it past her, and as harsh as it sounds it's true.

I did something I never thought I'd do in my life.

"Yeah.." I saw him smile wider, and that caused me to as well. " Of course we are."

"Great." He looked at the clock above my head. "Well I have to go meet Justin. I guess I'll see you later..?" He raised his eyebrows.

I nodded.

"'Kay. Bye Em." He leaned over and as light as a feather, just as before, he kissed my cheek.

I felt a blush settle in. "Bye."

Hy squeezed my hand, smiling as he began to walk back outside.

"Oh! Tell John that if I'm not back in a couple hours, that I'll definitely be back to our house for dinner!" He shouted.

"Alright!"

What was I getting myself into?

A couple seconds later the microwave buzzed and I pulled out the popcorn.

Jess came waltzing into the kitchen. "Oh! The popcorn's ready?"

"Obviously." I joked with her.

All the same, my face still felt hot.

"Oh duh." She laughed. She paused when she looked at me and realized I was red. "So I see you've met Stephen." She finished smirking at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
finals are this week,
but after this week,
i am off for two!
:D I am so happy,
lik eyou don't even know c:
hopefully i'll update like crazy