What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall in Love?

You've Got Something That I Can't Explain

I was descending the stairs when their voices stopped me.

"Stephen, is it me, or are you nervous?"

"No. It's not you..."

"Why so nervous?" Jess asked him, " If it makes you feel any better, she's just as nervous as you are."

"I...she's nervous?" His voice sounded confused.

"Well, yeah. You're one of the first guys she's ever really liked."

Stephen let out a breath. "Wow. Well. I was nervous because I was worried that I was going to be another fu.ck and chuck for her. Even though I know I shouldn't like her the way I do, I can't help it. As well, I know I shouldn't expect a completely committed relationship to come out of this either. Especially not when she could get any other guy she wants in the blink of an eye. But, I can't help but wish."

"You can't tell me you honestly think she would go for another guy when she has you."

"Well...I'm nothing more than a simple bassist. Sarcastic and moody half the time. Not even popular. Not even close to being the same as half the other guys she's been with."

"You're not moody all the time, Stephen. Everyone has their good and bad days. Plus you're so unbelievably sweet. You of all people should know that being popular has nothing to do with a person as a whole. No, you're not like the other guys she's had. But that's what makes you special to her."

There was silence for a moment, and I could practically hear the smile in his voice when he spoke, "Thanks Jess. You always know just what to say."

"Anytime Steve-O."

I figured now was as good a time to come down as any.

Stephen had his back to me, so I quietly walked up behind him and put my hands over his eyes. "Guess who?"

"John? Since when do you have such soft hands?" He joked, his hands over mine.

"No dummy." I said letting go. Stephen held my hands though, and pulled me into him.

"You look beautiful. Like always." He whispered making me blush and smile.

"Yo. Get your lovey dovey asses outta my house!" Jess laughed.

"Alright, alright." Stephen said rolling his eyes, but smiling none the less.

***

We pulled into the driveway of what I presumed to be his house.

We'd made a bit of small talk on the way over here. There wasn't room for much else since he lived pretty close. On the way he took my hand.

Stephen got out first and opened my door for me. I smiled at that. How cute was he?

He laced our fingers once again, not that I minded at all.

"My parents are gone somewhere with their friends, and John's at Josh's house, so we've got this one to ourselves." Stephen smiled at me and ulocked the door, continuing to pull me inside.

In the living room there were black leather couches, a matching recliner and flat screen tv. There were small bookshelves on either side of the loveseat. In the center there was a table, small and square. Under the tv (which was suspended from the wall) there was what appeared to be a short, long cabinet, filled with dvd's games and the like. Stephen continued pulling me into the kitchen and stopped, leaving me at the bar.

"I hope you like spaghetti, 'cause that's all I know how to make." He chuckled.

I laughed, "Spaghetti's perfect."

There was a comfortable silence as Stephen cooked. He was so cute. His face drawn blank in concentration.

I silently got up and put my arms around his waist from the back.

"What're you doing?" Stephen chuckled.

"Nothing," I mumbled, cuddling up to his back. I inhaled his cologne and let me tell you. He smelled amazing.

"Oh really?" He turned around in my arms I saw that he was smiling.

"Yes, really." I breathed. Oh of his hands was at my waist, the other was holding my cheek. Stephen began to lean in and my mind drew a blank, heart stuttering and quickening it's pace. At the last moment I regained my head and decided to have a little fun with him. I turned my head and his lips met my cheek.

I let go of him and laughed as I perched on the counter top.

"You're such a tease!" He laughed.

"Oh am I?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah," He did something to the stove, then came over to me. "But I can be one too." Stephen barely whispered that last part. Next thing I knew, his hands were on the counter top just outside my hips, and his face was inches away from mine. He moved his head lower, and kissed my collar bone. I was slightly shocked, so I gasped. He continued softly trailing kisses up my neck.

Oh my god. This boy.

Stephen pulled back, grabbed my hands and placed them on his shoulders. He ducked back down and kissed right below my ear. I shivered just barely, and felt him smirk against my skin. His mouth was gently roaming up my neck again and onto my cheek. He stopped right next to my mouth and then walked away just like that.

"Oh, who's the tease now?"

I saw him laughing quietly to himself, smirk still in place. "You should see your face."

I looked at the stainless silver microwave hanging above the stove. From what I could gather, I was blushing madly.

Good lord.
♠ ♠ ♠
welp. I haven't written anything in forever. i doubt anyone remembers this at all. but, i'm probably going to continue. school had gotten in the way, and that's why i hadn't written anything in a long time...