‹ Prequel: Lima Loser.
Status: Slowly updating, but still updating. :)

Lima Loser - Part Two.

FIFTEEN;

The bell rang almost immediately after. I usually waited for Blaze after meetings, but today, I grabbed Betty and walked right past him. It didn’t take long for him to catch up with me, though. I was gathering my books together and getting ready to go home, when he came up to my locker.

“What the fuck is your problem?” he asked, angrily.

My problem!” I snorted. “Are you kidding me? I should be asking you that question! You’re the one who’s been treating me like shit ever since I accepted Puck’s apology.”

“Oh, so I’m not allowed to be protective now? I care about you, and it would kill me to see you get hurt by that asshole again, knowing I could’ve been more protective.”

“There’s a difference between being protective and being a douchebag, Blaze. You’re crossing the line,” I informed him. “And honestly? If you’re going to continue being like this, I don’t think we’re going to work out.”

“Nice excuse, there, Courtney,” Blaze laughed a bitchy laugh. “Look, if you wanna dump me for Puck, just say so. At least, then, we wouldn’t be kidding ourselves.”

“Wow,” I rolled my eyes. “You really don’t trust me, do you?”

“It’s not you I can’t trust,” he said a little more calmly.

“Oh, yeah? And what did Puck ever do to you, huh? Whatever problems you have with him are because of me. Otherwise, you guys would probably be friends. So, how about you mind your own business and let us deal with our problems by ourselves?”

Blaze was about to open his mouth, but at that moment, Puck himself turned a corner and noticed us. He gave Blaze a stern look and made his way towards us.

“Hey.” He said as he approached Blaze and I.

“Hello, Noah,” Blaze gave him a sarcastic smile, knowing how much Puck hated his real name. “We were just talking about you.”

Puck looked over at me to see if I’d confirm whether we were or not. When I didn’t respond, Blaze did. “Oh, don’t worry. It wasn’t bad or anything. We were just discussing how lucky Courtney is to have a friend like you in her life.”

Puck raised an eyebrow, but nodded. “Cool.” He then looked over at me. “Are our plans still on?”

“What plans?” Blaze cut in, shooting me an extremely dirty look.

“Oh, I didn’t tell you?” Puck smirked at Blaze. “Ever since Courtney accepted my apology, our friendship has just been blossoming like never before. We made plans yesterday to hang out today after Glee rehearsal to maybe practice or something.”

“Well, she hasn’t mentioned any of this to me,” Blaze threw me a glare. “But then again, I didn’t expect her to.”

“Because I knew you’d react like this,” I rolled my eyes. “Look, Blaze, can we talk about this later?”

“There’s nothing to talk about,” he replied with a shrug. “We’re done.”

“Whew! I thought you’d never say it!” I wiped my hand across my forehead in relief.

“Well, I just did. Have fun ‘practicing’, guys!” Blaze turned around and began to walk the other way. He then looked back at me. “Oh, by the way? I only dated you because Sue paid me.”

It only took Puck a second to pin Blaze to the lockers. “What was that?” he asked, angrily.

“You heard me, Puckerman,” Blaze gave him a smug look. “I did the same thing you did to her. So, before you punch me, just take a second to think about that.”

Puck looked over at me. “Just let him go, Puck. He’s not even worth it.” He loosened his grip on Blaze a little, but still held him up against the lockers.

“Oh, really? Because I think making out on your bed everyday after school instead of practicing proves what you just said wrong. No wonder our performance was crap,” Blaze replied.

He did not just go there. “Actually, Blaze, we fought almost everytime you were at my house. And our performance was crap because you always stormed out of my house like a more annoying version of Rachel.”

“Whatever, Courtney,” Blaze rolled his eyes, then looked at Puck. “Can you let me go now? This is the biggest waste of time ever.”

“I’ll show you a fucking waste of time,” Puck raised his fist, but I told him to put it down. “Now, leave her alone, or you’ll see exactly why they call me Puckasaurus.”

“A dinosaur? Really?” Blaze chuckled.

“Watch it,” Puck growled. He let go of Blaze and turned back to me. “You ready to go?”

“Yeah, she is. She’s dying to get you back to her house,” Blaze smirked. “And no worries about me trying to get back with her. I’m done. Sure, I was getting some decent cash from Sue, but I could always get a job at McDonald’s.”

“You probably should,” Puck nodded. “Put on some weight, kid.”

“Oh, wait,” Blaze began. “I can’t get a job at McDonald’s. Courtney lives there, so that won’t be good for either of us.” He winced before making his way down the hallway.

Puck was about to go after him again, but I grabbed his arm. “Just forget about it. Let’s go,” I mumbled.

He put his hand in mine, and I didn’t hesitate. We both turned around, hand-in-hand, and walked the opposite way to his truck.

--------------------------------------------------

The silence in Puck’s truck was deafening. I just sat there, staring out the window at absolutely nothing. The radio was off, and all I could hear was Puck tapping his fingers against the steering wheel and the car fresheners he had hung from the mirror smacking together.

He eventually looked over at me. “You know he was lying about dating you for Sue’s cash, right?”

I kept my eyes focused out the window. “He probably wasn’t.”

“Yeah, he was. He only said it to make the both of us feel bad. And of course I do, but you shouldn’t.”

I didn’t answer him. He was right. I shouldn’t have taken Blaze’s words to heart. He was only doing it to make me feel worthless again, and I was basically giving him what he wanted. And it didn’t matter, anyway. I knew Blaze and I wouldn’t last with Puck in the picture, and I told myself that I wouldn’t care when he dumped me. So, why was I caring? It was pointless.

“You deserve more than him. Hell, you deserve more than me. That wasn’t a hint to move on to someone else, by the way. I’m not giving up that easily. I’m just saying that you’re worth more and you shouldn’t give a damn about what someone like him says,” Puck told me.

I looked over at him and took the hand he wasn’t driving with into mine. “You’re the best.”

He blushed and then grinned. “I really needed to hear that.”

His truck pulled up in my driveway, and we both got out. I took Betty out of the backseat, and made my way up the driveway and up the front steps to the door, with Puck following quickly behind.

“I’m pretty sure my mom is working, so looks like we’ve got the house to ourselves,” I informed him as we stepped inside.

“Lucky me,” he waggled his eyebrows. I playfully slapped him and called him a pervert. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I laid Betty by the staircase as I went into the kitchen to hunt for a snack. Puck took a seat on one of the stools by the counter. I searched through the cupboards until I came across Poptarts. I opened up the pack and tossed one to Puck.

“S’mores are the best flavor,” I smiled, waving it in the air before taking a bite.

I poured us up two glasses of milk, and we just sat there, stuffing our faces with Poptarts and drinking milk, with not a worry in the world.

After we finished, I picked Betty up, and we went upstairs. I sprawled out on my bed, turned on the TV, and was surprised when Puck went over and turned it back off. He stood in front of the TV.

“Oh, come on,” I complained.

“Remember that song you were singing yesterday at your locker?” He questioned.

Don’t remind me. “Oh, yeah… the Cher one?”

“Yeah,” he replied. “Well, I think we should re-sing it…together.”

“Okay…” I sat up. “Why?”

“Well, I know you’re still down about what Blaze said to you, and that really gets me down, because he wouldn’t have even had the chance to do that if me and you were still together. I really fucked things up for us.” He looked extremely sad.

“Don’t say that,” I tried to make him feel better about the situation. “You never know what the future holds.” I then pat a free spot on the bed next to me. “Come sit.”

Before sitting down, he lifted up Betty and brought her over to the bed. He then took the spot next to me.

“I know a girl originally sings this, but she sounds like a man, and Puckzilla can do some major tricks with his voice. You ready?” He smiled. I nodded, and he began to play the beginning of my favorite Cher song on the guitar.

Puck: “If I could turn back time!
If I could find a way!
I'd take back those words that hurt you… and you'd stay.”


Puck: “I don't know why I did the things I did.
I don't know why I said the things I said.
Pride's like a knife, it can cut deep inside.
Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes.”


Puck: “I didn't really mean to hurt you.
I didn't wanna see you go.
I know I made you cry, but baby.”


Puck and I: “If I could turn back time!
If I could find a way!
I'd take back those words that hurt you…and you’d stay.
If I could reach the stars,
I'd give them all to you!
Then you'd love me, love me.
Like you used to do!
If I could turn back time…”


Me: “My world was shattered, I was torn apart.
Like someone took a knife and drove it deep in my heart.
You walked out that door, I swore that I didn't care.
But I lost everything, darling, then and there.”


Puck: “Too strong to tell you I was sorry.
Too proud to tell you I was wrong.
I know that I was blind, and darlin’…”


Puck and I: “If I could turn back time!
If I could find a way!
I'd take back those words that hurt you…and you’d stay.
If I could reach the stars,
I'd give them all to you!
Then you'd love me, love me.
Like you used to do!
Ohhh!”


Me: “If I could turn back time.
If I could turn back time.
If I could turn back time!
Oh, baby!”


Puck: “I didn't really mean to hurt you.
I didn't want to see you go.
I know I made you cry!
Ohh!”


Puck and I: “If I could turn back time!
If I could find a way!
I'd take back those words that hurt you.
If I could reach the stars,
I'd give them all to you!
Then you'd love me, love me…
Like you used to do!”


Puck: “If I could turn back time!”
Me: “(Turn back time.)”
Puck: “If I could find a way!”
Me: “(Find a way.)”
Puck: “Then baby, maybe, maybe,
You'd stay…”


The song ended, and we both just stared at each other. I was trying really hard to fight back tears, but it wasn’t helping that I could see tears in his.

“Allergies,” he laughed. Can’t lose that bad boy rep, huh? But then he got serious. “I’m really sorry…”

I pulled him into a hug. “Thank you.” I then pulled away and looked into those amazing eyes of his. He began to lean in a little, and I knew I could do nothing to stop what was about to happen. I was way too weak to resist him, and he knew it.

So, luckily, my cell phone rang. We both looked down at my pocket, which was blasting Gary Numan’s “Cars”. I took the phone out of my pocket, and saw that Tina was calling. I lifted up a finger to Puck as if to say “Hold on a sec”, and pressed talk. I put the phone to my ear.

“Hey!” I greeted Tina.

“You sound way too enthusiastic for my liking,” she began. “But hey. I just wanted to let you know that there’s a meeting in fifteen minutes.”

“A meeting for what?” I asked.

“Do you want to win that competition or not, Courtney? Rachel’s house. Fifteen minutes. Be there or be square. Better yet, be there or I’ll kill you.” She hung up. Simple as that.

I pressed the end button and slid the phone back into my pocket.

“Who was that?” Puck raised an eyebrow.

“Tina,” I replied. “Look, I gotta go. There’s a meeting at Rachel’s in fifteen, and my life kind of depends on it.”

“A meeting for what?” Exactly what I’d said.

“The Northshore/Breadsticks competition. We need to beat you guys, so it’s mandatory that I show up to the meetings,” I told him.

“Right,” he nodded. “Meetings or not, we’re seriously gonna own you.”

“Doubt that,” I smiled before standing up. I walked over to the door and looked back at Puck, who was still sitting on my bed. “So, you gonna give me a ride or not?”

He quickly followed me downstairs. I grabbed my jacket and house keys, and after locking the front door, we both exited the house and entered Puck’s truck. He started it up and we were on our way.

“Did you say Rachel’s house?” he asked me as he pulled out of the driveway.

“Yep,” I nodded. “She’s gonna be real pleased to see me.”

“Oh well,” he shrugged. “She can’t hate you forever.”

“Sure she can. She’s been holding a grudge against Suzy Pepper for years. She told me about the whole Mr. Schue crush dealio.”

“Oh yeah,” he looked deep in thought. “So? Who gives a shit about Rachel Berry anyway? She’s the most annoying person in the world. I’d consider her being pissed at you more of a blessing than anything.”

“That’s true,” I agreed. “I just don’t want it to be awkward.”

“It won’t be,” Puck assured me. “Just give it time. She’ll get over it.”

“It’s Rachel,” I reminded him.

“I know,” he smiled. “But I don’t know how she’d be able to hold a grudge against someone like you.”

“You’re a suck-up, you know that?” I lightly smacked him on the arm.

“Is it working?” He grinned.

“I dunno…” I shrugged. “You tell me.”

“I say yes.”

He pulled up in Rachel’s driveway, and looked over at me. I just sat there, staring at the house in front of me, not even attempting to get out.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Oh! Yeah…just zoned out.” I opened the door, and began to get out. “Thanks for the ride.”

“It’s not a problem,” Puck replied. “Anytime you need a ride, lemme know.”

“Aww, how sweet of you, Noah.” I reached in to squeeze his cheeks.

He beamed, then spoke again. “Have fun.”

“Oh, I will,” I rolled my eyes. “Especially considering who’s house this is.”

“Hey, don’t worry about it. The other girls won’t let Rachel be a dick to you. They hate her just as much.” He laughed.

“Right,” I gave a quick nod. “I’ll talk to you later.”

“I love you.”

I pretended not to hear him, and shut the door. I made my way up to Rachel’s front door and knocked a cute little beat. I noticed that Puck was still in the driveway, so I turned around to shoo him away, forgetting how much harder Rachel would make it for me if she knew I’d gotten dropped off by him. He didn’t get the hint until she opened the door, though.

“Hi,” she glared at me as the door swung open. She then noticed Puck pulling out of the driveway and rolled her eyes. “Come in,” she added, totally emotionless.

As I entered her house and took my shoes off, I wondered why this had to be so difficult. Why I couldn’t just have both Rachel and Puck in my life? I didn’t want to have to choose. I missed Rachel’s friendship, as annoying as she was. And I certainly was not giving up on Puck. But I didn’t understand why it was so hard for everyone to just forget the past and move on. Of course, try saying that to Rachel. Difficult was the only way she did things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Music:
If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher.

Exams are over! Yay! :D A huge weight has been lifted, so now I can focus more on updating this story and not on studying my ass off.
Hope you guys enjoy the update. Then next one will be better, I promise. :)