‹ Prequel: Lima Loser.
Status: Slowly updating, but still updating. :)

Lima Loser - Part Two.

TWENTY-SIX;

I painted on the finishing touches to Puck’s stitched up smile before the bell rang after lunch the next day. We were on our way to the Halloween party in the music room, and I had to admit, our costumes were KICK. ASS. I was proud of myself for coming up with such an idea.

Puck wore a tuxedo (which was customized to look more like Jack’s outfit), and I’d made sure to cover every part of visible skin in white makeup so that he actually looked like Jack and not some over-tanned jock. I then drew dark circles around his eyes, and drew on the stitches for a smile. He looked pretty smokin’.

For myself, I just sewed some old fabric to a dress and threw that on. I painted my face a light blue-ish color, and drew on long eyelashes and stitches all over my arms and neck. Also, like Puck, I drew on a smile. I thought that a wig was way too unrealistic, so instead of buying a fake red wig, I actually dyed my hair. Puck wasn’t too fond on the idea, telling me that it would take him some getting used to and that he preferred me as a blonde. But if I was going to dress up as two of my favorite Tim Burton characters, I was going to do it properly. I wasn’t about to put The Nightmare Before Christmas to shame.

We both walked into the music room, hand-in-hand, and the first thing I noticed was everyone else’s costumes. The costumes looked so awesome, and I immediately knew that this would be an extremely fun afternoon. I then looked around the room to see that it was decorated from ceiling to floor with Halloween lights, and “scary” props. There was a rather large table full of food in the corner of the room, and it took me effort to not run directly for it.

Puck and I sat next to each other and sized up everyone’s costumes until Mr. Schue walked in, accompanied by Miss Pillsberry. He didn’t look too happy. “Before we begin, I have both good and bad news.”

Everyone’s faces dropped, and then Finn spoke up. “Bad news first. Always.”

“Well, I hate to tell you guys this, but Matt has transferred schools,” Mr. Schue said, sadly. I looked around with wide eyes, not even realizing that he was gone. What? Matt was a quiet guy, and it wasn’t like we were best friends or anything. Of course I wouldn’t notice if he wasn’t there.

“What?” Mercedes snapped. “But we need his dancing…”

“And we need him as a 14th member,” Rachel stated. “I was recently reading the new Show Choir Rule Book since Sectionals is almost here, and they’ve boosted the minimum amount of participants from 12 to 14. And without Matt, we have 13.”

“So, what do we do?” Puck asked.

“Well, for today, we’re going to continue with our Halloween party, because we know that Matt would’ve loved to have been here. And I know for a fact that he doesn’t want us to cancel the party for him. He just wants us to move on and still have fun. And who knows? Sectionals is in less than two weeks. Maybe he’ll join his new school’s Glee club, and we may see him soon.”

“And on Monday,” Mr. Schue continued. “We’re going to begin our search for a 14th member.”

“So, what’s the good news?” Tina questioned.

“Well, on the bright side, your costumes look amazing,” Mr. Schue grinned, and then noticed by the look on our faces that we were still scared shitless of what we were going to do. “Come on, we’re gonna have fun! Don’t worry about Sectionals, guys…we’re gonna get there.”

“How?” Santana rolled her eyes. “As of right now, we’re screwed. And I don’t think anyone’s going to be running for the Glee club sign-up sheet.”

“We can discuss this on Monday,” Mr. Schue nodded. “For now, let’s just have fun. But before we do, I want you guys to do something.”

We all gave him puzzled looks.

“I’d like for each person to tell me what their costume is. Because I have to admit, I confused as to what some of them are. Let’s start with you, Quinn, and then we’ll move down the row.”

Everyone looked around at Quinn, who looked absolutely stunning in a short and flowy halter dress and heels. Her hair was styled beautifully, short and wavy. It looked like she’d gotten it cut quite a bit, so it made me feel good that I wasn’t the only one who’d completely rearranged their hair just for one occasion. “I decided to dress up as Marilyn Monroe,” she told us. “She’s a huge inspiration to me.”

“That’s very nice, Quinn. And your costume is very pretty,” Mr. Schue smiled. “Next?”

All eyes shifted to Kurt, who was dressed as he usually was. A FCKH8 t-shirt underneath a teal cardigan, and a pair of tight slacks. “I’m myself,” he stated, bluntly. “Because we all know I’m going to be extremely famous someday.”

We all laughed, before moving on to Tina and Artie, who looked like they were a pair. Tina looked mostly the same as she always did, with just a tad more makeup and no colored extensions. She also wore really tight jeans and a leather jacket. Artie wore an old white button-up with light blue jeans. He also had a creepy fake moustache and wasn’t wearing his glasses.

“We’re Sonny and Cher,” Tina told us.

“But I could be mistaken for an 80’s pornstar,” Artie shrugged.

We all laughed, and moved on to Rachel, who was wearing a curly blonde wig and a button-up blouse. She also wore a long flowery skirt and heels. It looked like her usual wardrobe, but the wig threw it off a little. Everyone gave her a confused look, not having a sweet clue who she was supposed to be. “Come on!” she glared at all of us. “I’m Barbra Streisand. Duh. You guys should’ve known that.”

We all rolled our eyes and laughed before moving on to Mike, who wore a full white body suit, sunglasses, and had his hair slicked back. “I decided to be the king himself…Elvis.”

“Nice!” Mr. Schue high-fived him.

“Thank ya, thank ya very much,” Mike stood up to do an Elvis impersonation, and I smiled at how dead-on it was.

All eyes were on the next person in an instant, especially since it was Santana in basically a hooker’s outfit. She wore a really short and tight black dress, with a frilly smock over it, and fishnet leggings. Her hair was pulled back into a bun and she wore loads of makeup. She also decided on black pumps. “I’m a housekeeper,” she winked at every boy in the room. “Any takers?”

“Not unless you want every STD possible, and maybe some newly invented ones,” I snorted.

“What was that?” she stood up.

“Not here, guys,” Mr. Schue sighed.

“Fine,” she snapped. “I’ll be seeing you later, mongrel.”

I smirked, not wanting to make things worse…for now. Only because of the Halloween party. Otherwise, I would have jumped her by now.

“Let’s move on,” Rachel suggested, and for once, I couldn’t agree more.

Brittany was sitting next to Santana, also wearing her hair up in a cute little bun. She also wore a short green dress and in her hand, she was squeezing a plastic wand. “I don’t remember what I’m supposed to be… I think her name starts with a V.”

“Tinkerbell?” Finn asked.

“Yeah, that’s it!”

Most people in the room mouthed the word wow before awkwardly moving on to the next person, which was Puck and I.

“We decided to go as Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas,” I began. “I’m kind of a huge Tim Burton fan.”

“Wow!” Mr. Schue came a little closer to us. “Really great costumes, you two! You don’t look far off from the original Jack and Sally. And nice hair, Courtney.”

“Thanks,” I grinned, slowly getting used to the “ginger” situation.

“You too, Puck,” he said, jokingly.

We all laughed before moving on to Finn, who wore a white blanket over his body, with only two little eyeholes cut out of it. He was also covered in fake blood. “I’m a ghost…” he said a little too bluntly, and when we continued to stare at him, he slowly inched towards us on his seat. “Oooooh.”

“Hell to the no,” Mercedes snapped her fingers. “My turn.” She was seated right next to Finn, wearing a full-body leopard print suit. Her hair was huge and looked like it had been permed. She also had two little cone thingies on each side of the top of her head. I knew exactly who she was right away, but was a little offended when I was the only one not staring at her like she was on crack.

“I’m Scary Spice!” she scooped her hand out into a claw. “Rawr.”

Puck began to enthusiastically sing the chorus of “Wannabe”, which made me fall even more in love with him.

“Great costume, Mercedes!” Mr. Schue complimented her. “It really suits you.”

The last person to explain their costume was Blaze. He wore tight leather pants and a long-sleeved tight black shirt, which was hard to see under all of the leather straps and studs. His hair stuck off at every end, and he had pairs of safety scissors duct-taped to his hands. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought he was a dominatrix or something.

“I’m Edward Scissorhands,” he said with a proud smile.

“Who?” Puck gave him a “my costume is better” look.

“Another Tim Burton character,” I whispered to him. “And a movie I still have to show you.”

“You look just like him!” Mr. Schue exclaimed. “And nice scissor hands.” Way to put Tim Burton and Johnny Depp to shame, Mr. Schue.

“What are you supposed to be, Mr. Schuester?” Mike raised an eyebrow at Mr. Schue’s everyday outfit.

“A talented Glee club teacher,” he winked at us, then sighed a little. “I decided to bring my costume to school yesterday and store it in the teacher’s lounge until today, but when I got here this morning, it was gone.”

“Oh well,” Santana shrugged. “You can still pretend to be a talented Glee club teacher.”

“Right. Thanks, Santana,” he pursed his lips and then looked at everyone in their costumes. “So…does anyone have anything prepared for us today?”

A few hands shot up into the air. “Well,” Mr. Schue continued. “More than I expected! Nice! Finn, why don’t you come on up and show us what you’ve got?”

Finn stood up and nearly tripped over his own costume. He gestured for Mike and Kurt to go up to the front of the room with him. I guessed that they were also a part of the song, and it excited me to see this trio. Once they were all in front of us, looking absolutely ridiculous in their costumes, the band began to play a creepy tune, and I smiled when I realized what the song was.

Mike: “Who's watching?
Tell me who's watching.
Who's watching me?”


Finn: “I'm just an average man with an average life.
I work from 9 to 5, hey hell, I pay the price!
All I want is to be left alone, in my average home.
But why do I always feel
Like I'm in the Twilight Zone? And...”


Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “And I have no privacy!”
Mike: “Whoa-oa-oa.”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “Tell me, is it just a dream?”

Finn: “When I come home at night,
I bang the door real tight.
People call me on the phone I'm trying to avoid.
Or can the people on TV see me, or am I just paranoid?”


Mike: “When I'm in the shower, I'm afraid to wash my hair.
‘Cause I might open my eyes and find someone standing there!
People say I'm crazy, just a little touched.
But maybe showers remind me of ‘Psycho’ too much.
That's why...”


Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “And I have no privacy!”
Mike: “Whoa-oa-oa.”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “Who's playing tricks on me?”

Mike: “Who's watching me?”
Finn: “I don't know anymore!”
Mike: “Are the neighbours watching me?”
Finn: “Who's watching?”
Kurt: “Well, is the mailman watching me?”
Mike: “Tell me who's watching.”
Kurt: “And I don't feel safe anymore, oh, what a mess.”
Finn: “I wonder who's watching me now.”
Kurt: “Who?”
Mike: “The IRS?!”

Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “And I have no privacy!”
Mike: “Whoa-oa-oa.”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “Tell me, is it just a dream?”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “And I have no privacy!”
Mike: “Whoa-oa-oa.”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “Who's playing tricks on me?”
Mike: “Who's watching me?”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Mike: “Oooh, whoa-oa-oa.”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “Tell me, can it be?”
Mike: “Who's watching me?”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Mike: “Whoa-oa-oa.”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “Who's playing tricks on me?”
Mike: “Who's watching me?”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “Can I have my privacy?”
Kurt: “I always feel like somebody's watching me.”
Finn: “Who's playing tricks on me?”

Their song ended, and everyone was laughing and clapping. It was funny to see them do a Rockwell song while Mike was in an Elvis suit and Finn was in his mother’s quilt. But they totally rocked the song, and I was more pumped than ever.

“Wooo!” Mr. Schue grinned. “Who’s up next?”

“I’ll go,” Artie wheeled to the front of the room with Tina, Quinn and Mercedes following behind. I knew their song was gonna be excellent as soon as I saw the four of them together. The band began to play, and then the four of them shouted the main part of the song together before Artie’s part came in.

“GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “If there's something strange…
in your neighborhood.
Who ya gonna call?”

Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “If there's something weird,
and it don't look good.
Who ya gonna call?”

Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Mercedes: “I ain't afraid of no ghosts.
I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”


Artie: “If you're seeing things
running through your head.
Who can ya call?”

Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “An invisible man,
sleeping in your bed.
Who ya gonna call?”

Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Mercedes: “I ain't afraid of no ghosts.
I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”


Artie: “Who ya gonna call?”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “If ya all alone,
pick up the phone,
and call…”

Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Tina: “I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”
Quinn: “I hear it likes the girls.”
Tina: “I ain't afraid of no ghost.”
Quinn: “Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!”

Artie: “Who ya gonna call?”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Mercedes: “If you've had a dose of a
freaky ghost baby.
Ya better call…”

Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “Lemme tell ya something.
Bustin' makes me feel good!”


Mercedes: “I ain't afraid of no ghosts.
I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”


Tina: “Don't get caught alone, no, no.”

Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “When it comes through your door,
Unless you just want some more,
I think you better call…”

Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “Who ya gonna call?”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Mercedes: “Who ya gonna call?”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “I think you better call…”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Mercedes: “Who ya gonna call?”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “I can't hear you.
Who ya gonna call?”

Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Mercedes: “Louder!”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “Who ya gonna call?”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Mercedes: “Who can ya call?”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

Artie: “Who ya gonna call?”
Quinn and Tina: “GHOSTBUSTERS!”

I had to admit, I absolutely loved this rendition of “Ghostbusters”. It was a genius song to choose, and very Halloween-y. Not to mention that Artie’s voice was perfect for the song.

“I guess I should probably call Ghostbusters,” Mr. Schue chuckled. “Awesome job!”

When the group of four took their seats, Mr. Schue called on Puck and I to do our song. We both advanced to the front of the room, and when all eyes were on us, I whispered “You ready?” to Puck. He nodded, and the band began to play. I put on my scariest face as I looked over at Puck, who started the song off.

Puck: “Boys and girls of every age,
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Come with us and you will see,
This, our town of Halloween.”


Me: “This is Halloween, this is Halloween.
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night.”


Puck: “This is Halloween, everybody make a scene.
Trick or treat till the neighbor’s gonna die of fright.”


Me: “It's our town, everybody scream.
In this town of Halloween.”


Puck: “I am the one hiding under your bed.
Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red.”


Me: “I am the one hiding under yours stairs.
Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair.”


Puck and I: “This is Halloween, this is Halloween.
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!”


Puck: “In this town we call home.
Everyone hail to the pumpkin song.”


Me: “In this town, don't we love it now?
Everybody's waiting for the next surprise.”


Puck: “Round that corner, man hiding in the trash can.
Something's waiting to pounce, and how you'll...”


Me: “Scream! This is Halloween.
Red 'n' black, slimy green.”


Puck: “Aren't you scared?”

Me: “Well, that's just fine.
Say it once, say it twice.
Take a chance and roll the dice.
Ride with the moon in the dead of night.”


Puck and I: “Everybody scream, everybody scream!
In our town of Halloween!”


Puck: “I am the clown with the tear-away face.
Here in a flash and gone without a trace!”


Me: “I am the ‘who’ when you call, ‘Who's there?’
I am the wind blowing through your hair.”


Puck: “I am the shadow on the moon at night.
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright.”


Puck and I: “This is Halloween, this is Halloween.
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
Halloween! Halloween!”


Puck: “Tender lumplings everywhere.
Life's no fun without a good scare.”


Me: “That's our job, but we're not mean.
In our town of Halloween.”


Puck: “In this town,
Don't we love it now?
Everyone’s waiting for the next surprise.”


Me: “Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back,
And scream like a banshee.
Make you jump out of your skin.
This is Halloween, everybody scream.
Would ya please make way for a very special guy?”

“Our man Jack is king of the pumpkin patch.
Everyone hail to the Pumpkin King now!”


Puck and I: “This is Halloween, this is Halloween.
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!”


Me: “In this town we call home,
Everyone hail to the pumpkin song.”


Puck and I: “La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!”

Our song ended, and I looked out into the audience to see that they were all staring back at us like we were on something. No claps or anything. They were all just really weirded out by our performance. Mr. Schue seemed satisfied with it, however. He clapped and told us that Tim Burton would be proud.

We took our seats and I could not help but feel awkward with like 12 other pairs of eyes on us.

“She’s turned him into a freak,” Santana practically yelled while everything was still silent.

I turned around. “Which is well improved from what you’ve turned him into…a mattress.”

The class oohed as the bitch shot me a dirty look.

“Alright, guys. Calm down,” Mr. Schue tried to stop a fight from happening. “I have a better idea. Let’s get this party started!
♠ ♠ ♠
Music:
Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell (featuring Michael Jackson).
Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.
This is Halloween - The Nightmare Before Christmas (I decided to go along with the Panic at the Disco version, it's more...relatable to the story?)

So, this is a pretty long chapter, in my opinion. I think I owe it to you guys for not updating for a week. XD Enjoyyyy! Oh, and comment please! :) <3