Must Be Dreamin'

One Last Song

I took a deep breath as I peeked out of the curtain. The opening band was still playing but I caught sight of all of the Mulisha guys taking their spot in the very front that I had reserved for all of them. I let out a small scream as I felt two hands grab my waist. I spun around to meet the innocent grinning face of Josh.

“That was mean,” I pouted while crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“Aw I’m sorry,” He replied.

“No you’re not,” I shouted back with a laugh.

“Yes I am, look,” Josh said while giving me a puppy dog look. “Forgive me?”

“I suppose,” I groaned with a laugh in my voice.

“How are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m nervous,” I sighed while running a hand through my hair.

“You’ll do fine,” Josh tried reassured me while pulling me into a comforting hug.

“I don’t know. I’m still a little self conscious of my voice,” I softly said into his chest.

“I think you’ll be amazing. I have faith in you,” He sweetly replied while slowly running his hands up and down my back.

“Thanks Josh,” I sighed. “That makes me feel better.”

“That’s what I’m here for,” He smiled down at me.

“Kirstie, we’re almost ready to go on,” Kevin said while walking by us with his drumsticks in hand and I nodded my head.

“You will do great. Don’t be worried about your voice. I think you’re amazing,” Josh said in a way that made me feel so good and calm.

“Thank you J-Dawg,” I grinned as we separated.

“You’re welcome….K-Dawg?” he said back.

“That was lame, you juts stole my idea,” I shook my head.

”Whatever” was his amazing comeback. “Just go play.”

“Fine I will,” I teased as he started walking away.

“Josh,” I called out as he was almost disappeared. “thank you again.”

“You’re welcome Kirstie,” He smiled so sweetly at me.

I took one more deep breath as the opening band finished up their set. The three of us then walked onstage and started playing our hearts out to our fast paced rock and roll music. I couldn’t stop smiling the entire show juts like normal but as our set came to an end butterflies started filling my stomach.

“So we have one last song for you guys,” Danny said. “But I’ll let Kirstie take it from here.”

My two other bandmates walked offstage and they dimmed the lights with only one spotlight on me. THANKS! That makes me feel so much better. Danny brought me out my acoustic guitar and I nervously walked up to the microphone.

“So this next song I wrote for my best friend Kylee,” I smiled as I looked in the crowd and saw her standing inbetween Jimmy and Josh, surrounded by all the other Mulisha guys and she had the biggest smile on her face.

“A few months ago her brother Jeremy was in a tragic accident that took his life,” I started getting a little teary eyed myself. “He was an amazing man. So kind and fun. Everyone who was around him loved him. These past few months have been hard for everyone but his sister Kylee in particular. I do have to give a thanks to my friend Josh who gave me the confidence to do this but… Kylee… this one is written for you.”

You turned away when I looked you in the eye,
And hesitated when I asked if you were alright,
Seems like you're fighting for you life,
But why? oh why?
Wide awake in the middle of your nightmare,
You saw it comin' but it hit you outta no where,
And theres always scars
When you fall back far

We lose our way,
We get back up again
It's never too late to get back up again,
One day you will shine again,
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever,
Lose our way,
We get back up again,
So get up, get up,
You gonna shine again,
Never too late to get back up again,
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever
(May be knocked down but not out forever)

You're rolled out at the dawning of the day
Heart racin' as you made you little get away,
It feels like you've been runnin' all your life
But, why? Oh why?

So you've pulled away from the love that would've been there,
You start believin' that your situation's unfair

But there's always scars,
When you fall back far

We lose our way,
We get back up again
Never too late to get back up again,
One day, you gonna shine again,
You may be knocked down but not out forever,
Lose our way, we get back up again,
So get up, get up
You gonna shine again
It's never too late, to get back up again
You may be knocked down, but not out forever,
May be knocked down, but not out forever!

This is love callin', love callin', out to the broken,
This is love callin'.
This is love callin', love callin', out to the broken
This is love callin'.
This is love callin', love callin',
I am so broken
This is love callin' love callin

Lose our way, (way way way ay ay ay)
We get back up, (get back up again)
It's never too late (late late late ate ate ate)
You may be knocked down but not out forever!

Lose our way,
We get back up again,
So get up get up
You gonna shine again
Never too late to get back up again
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever,

This is love (lose our way) callin' love callin' (get back up again)
To the broken
This is love (never too late) callin'
(may be knocked down but not out forever)
This is love (lose our way) callin' love callin' (we get back up again)
To the broken
This is love (never too late) callin'
(may be knocked down but not out forever)

This is love callin' love callin'
Out to the broken,
This is love callin'....


As I strummed the last note I closed my eyes, hoping that everyone would like the song as well as my voice that I had been told when I was younger was no good. Soon cheers filled my ears and a smile spread so wide across my face. As I looked into the crowd only two people mattered to me. Josh who gave me all of the support I needed to do this. I couldn’t have done it without him. And the other person was Kylee, who had tears on her cheeks but was clapping louder than anyone else. As I saw her tears I couldn’t help but shed some of my own. I waved once before walking offstage hoping that all those tears Kylee had staining her cheeks were happy ones.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww lol

Kirstie