Must Be Dreamin'

Can I Tell You Something?

Kirstie’s surprise… made me cry so much. But it was amazing. I tried to rush backstage after she was finished singing, but… there were a lot of people here! I wanted to push through all of them, but Jimmy kept his arm around my waist tightly.

During Kirstie’s song, he did this and never removed it. I really didn’t notice it until now. I was too much in shock that Kirstie was singing! Adding her heartfelt lyrics, and I’m a crying mess. But Jimmy was here…he makes everything better.

Once the crowd started to filter out, Jimmy removed his arm from around me, but placed his hand in mine. I looked over at him and flashed him a smile. Before we got to go backstage, we had to say our goodbyes to the Mulisha. They weren’t going to stick around too much. Most of them had wives and babies to get home to… I actually think it’s cute. These tough looking guys have the cutest families. Jimmy and Josh stayed though.

When we finally got back there, I ran to find Kirstie. Once I did, I tackled her… into a hug this time. Tears were still in my eyes, but that didn’t stop me from hugging my bestie.

“You made me cry,” I pouted playfully once we parted.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want to,” she said quickly with her own eyes glossy.

“It’s a good cry this time though… Jeremy would have loved it… and would have been so happy that you’ve been such a good friend,” I went on while pulling her in for another tight huge. “But I can’t believe you sang! I can’t remember the last time I actually heard your voice,” I went on once we parted and Josh and Jimmy had made their way over.

“Yeah… Josh kind of helped,” she smiled shyly once Josh stepped next to her… Awww… I think Kirstie has a crush.

“Isn’t that just cute?” I cooed.

“Shut up,” Josh groaned. “We need to start bugging those two,” he said softly to Kirstie, but loud enough so that Jimmy and I could hear.

It just made me roll my eyes… and relax into Jimmy’s chest since he put his arm back around me. So, they did tease us all night. We tried to push it off, but… it got so annoying! I’m used to it from Kirstie, but add Josh into that equation, and it’s just… terrible! Jimmy sensed I was getting frustrated and led me out to his truck.

“Buttheads,” I mumbled while crossing my arms.

“Aw, stop it,” he cooed cutely.

I just pouted, making him smile and hook his arms around me. He held onto me a little longer than he usually does. I didn’t mind. It took me back to all those nights he spent comforting me. It made me smile.

“Thanks, Jimmy,” I said while still thinking of all those times.

“For what?” he asked, obviously confused.

“For being there for me… through everything. It means a lot,” I explained while slowly bringing my eyes up to his.

“It was nothing, Ky. Really,” he replied sweetly, making me smile weakly.

“I know, but… no one stepped up to help me like you did,” I told him, being as honest as I possibly could.

“I didn’t like seeing you hurting like that… I knew I couldn’t fix why you were, but… I wanted to do everything I could to help,” he countered like it was common sense. It was so sweet.

“Jimmy,” I smiled through a huge smile.

“See… I love seeing that smile on your face,” he said through his own big smile.

His comment made my face flush red and drop my eyes from his. It’s not that I suddenly felt awkward. It’s just… I’ve never thought of Jimmy like the way I’ve thought of him right now.

“Can I tell you something… and you not be freaked out?” he asked after a few seconds of neither of saying anything.

“Nothing you say will freak me out,” I told him, bringing my eyes back up to him.

A small smile came over him before he let out a little sigh. Aw, he’s nervous about something. To help him go on, I reached down for his hand.

“I think I have feelings for you,” he softly spoke.

I opened my mouth to say something, but… it never came out. I stood there, trying to form words as the look in Jimmy’s eyes changed. No… I don’t want him to get the wrong idea!

“Jimmy, I um… I think I have… feelings for you too,” I finally strung together.

“Really?” he asked quickly, obviously not expecting me to recover with that.

“I don’t know why we never knew each other this well before the whole… situation, but… I’m glad I know you and… found out how amazing you are,” I couldn’t help but smile through each word.

“You are the most beautiful person I know… inside and out,” he said gently while tucking some hair behind my ear.

His comment made me blush again. But this time, he wouldn’t let me look away from him. He brought his hand up and cupped my cheek, making my smile come back.

“Can I kiss you?” he asked so softly with his lips already close to mine.

“You never have to ask,” I replied before connecting our lips.

Our smiles came through in this kiss, but it never got too heated. It was just a soft sweet kiss. It was a good first kiss. I smiled when we parted.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked while whispering into my ear. It made shivers run down my spine.

“I’d love to be your girlfriend, Jimmy,” I smiled after my goose bumps disappeared.

He brought his head back so that I could gaze into those gorgeous blue eyes. His full smile was there, making my insides do summersaults. I’ve always thought this guy was so cute, but… I never thought the passing of my brother would help me find an incredible boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww lol :)

comment?