Must Be Dreamin'

Even If You Don’t Have Any Ink

It’s coming up on six months since Jeremy’s been gone. I don’t cry when I talk about him anymore. I don’t isolate myself from my friends and family… and I can actually talk to people other than Jimmy about it now. So… I feel like I need something for closure. I’m not going to forget about him… it’s just… a moving on thing.

So… I’m getting a tattooed.

Yes, a tattoo. When I told Jimmy, he looked at me unblinking for a few seconds. He was obviously in disbelief since I don’t have any other ink on my skin, but… I felt like this was something that I should do and would help me.

Jimmy, being the caring little thing that he is, blabbed his mouth to the whole Mulisha! So now, a whole bunch of the guys are getting tatts in remembrance of my brother. They also got the bright idea that we should all go together. I didn’t protest. This would be a good story to tell my children some day.

To my surprise, Kirstie said she’d get one too.Josh may have been an influence, but… I’ll take it. Jimmy was the only one who wasn’t sold on the idea. I wasn’t going to pressure the guy. A tattoos a huge thing. It doesn’t take away from his cuteness anyway. But he said he’d come and hold my hand for me. How cute?

“Have you decided what you’re getting?” Jimmy asked as we were on our way to the tattoo shop that Brian Deegan highly spoke of.

“I think so…” I said, still slightly unsure.

“And it might be…” he smiled so cutely.

“In God’s Hands,” I replied, feeling confident in my decision now.

“Not on your… chest are you?” he countered with the disapproval visible in his voice.

“No,” I giggled, noticing the look in his eyes change. “My wrist,” I went on.

“I like it,” he smiled over at me. “And I think Jeremy would have approved,” he went on, making me smile.

As he continued to drive, he reached down for my hand, holding onto it tightly. I was nervous about this tattoo for the pain reasons, but Jimmy made most of that go away. I love having him around.

When we got there, Kirstie and Josh were already parked. Jimmy pulled up beside them. I climbed out and Kirstie came over to greet me with a hug. I have the best friends. I don’t know how I would have gotten through all of this without them.

“Guess what?” she said, getting excited once we parted.

“What?” Jimmy and I asked at the same time.

Josh is getting a tramp stamp!” she said, giggling so hard.

It actually made me react the same way. Jimmy joined in our laughter, but… Josh had to be the party pooper! So, I took this as my opportunity to taunt him.

“I always knew you were that kind of guy, Josh,” I told him.

“Shut up! I am not getting one,” he complained.

I think Kristie had been on him for a bit.

“Yes you are!” Kirstie and I said at the same time, making us laugh even harder.

He went on to protest as we waited for the rest of the guys. It was fun messing with Josh. Like I said before, I don’t know why, but… it’s just so much fun to pick on this kid. But sadly, that was cut short. The rest of the guys came a few minutes later. Brian was the first to walk up. He gave me a big hug, followed by Twitch, Colin, Taka, and Todd. I’m surprised Todd is here… he’s not a tatt guy, but… I’m still glad he came.

We exchanged a few words before we went inside. All the guys were getting Lusk tatts. Kirstie and I were getting In God’s Hands. The boys quickly got sat up since their pieces were bigger than Kirstie and I’s. Jimmy stayed by my side though. I loved this.

Once they were ready for me, I squeezed Jimmy’s hand and went back into the room. The guy that was doing my tattoo was named Ted. He was covered with tatts, but he was such a nice guy.

“Any special meaning behind this or it just for religious reasons?” he asked after he had done a few lines already… and it kind of hurt, but nothing holding Jimmy’s hand can’t handle.

“Yeah… My bother passed away six months ago. He had this on his chest. He actually got it a week before he passed so...” I replied, proud of myself that no tears stung my eyes.

“Oh, wow. I’m sorry to hear that. What happened if you don’t mind me asking,” he went on, concentrating on the needlethat was digging into my skin!

“He crashed his bike in Costa Rica,” I sighed.

Ted just nodded his head, sensing that it was starting to get hard for me. Jimmy kind of noticed too and rubbed his thumb over my hand. This made me smile over at him. He’s the cutest thing!

After he was finished a little less than a hour later, I got up and looked at it in the mirror. It was so beautiful. Just looking at it brought a few tears to my eyes. As I let a few fall, Jimmy came over and hooked his arms around me from behind. I smiled at him as he left a soft kiss on my neck.

“It looks great,” he softly spoke.

“I love it,” I smiled.

A few seconds later, I saw Kirstie poke her head in. I smiled and turned around, excited for what hers looked like. Without saying anything, she stuck her leg out, showing off the fresh ink on her ankle. I squealed before running over and hugging her.

“Let me see yours!” she said once we parted.

I smiled and showed her my wrist. She said that she loved it before we went on and joined the rest of the waiting guys… minus Josh. We started complaining as to why he was taking so long. Kirstie had a great idea though.

“He got the tramp stamp,” she said seriously, but made everyone around chuckle. “I told them they were sexy,” she went on to say with her own giggles building up.

A few minutes later, Josh came out with his shirt off. He looked like he had just made a decision that he totally regretted. Uh oh…

“Why did I listen to you?” he asked while darted his eyes at Kirstie.

“You got it?” she asked, her facial features changing drastically. “WHY DID YOU LISTEN TO ME? I WAS KIDDING!” she went on.

She went over and spun him around, revealing a tattoo in fancy script that read Jeremy Lusk and beneath it was Ride In Peace… on his lower back. Everyone around started cracking up. Kirstie still looked at him like he was insane.

“Why did you do that?” she asked, starting to laugh, but she was still in disbelief.

“You don’t like it?” he asked, afake hurt coming over his face.

“Well…” she started.

“I love it… I’ll love it even more when it washes off,” he smirked.

“What?” everyone seemed to ask at the same time.

“It’s fake. I got it over here,” he said, lifting up his right arm that was half full of tattoos.

Everyone around got a good laugh though… then Jimmy started running his mouth just a little. He sad that he knew all along that it was fake, but never said anything. This was the perfect chance for Josh to snap back.

“You didn’t even get one. How would you know?” Josh said with a chuckle in his voice.

“Yeah, Jimmy,” Kirstie added.

But before he could say anything, the Mulisha started in on him. Uh oh. They started teasing him so much. I think they even called him a sissy. I let it go for a little before I saw that it started to bother him.

“Stop teasing my Fitzy,” I cooed while wrapping my arms around him tightly. He nuzzled his nose into the crook of my neck. I could feel his smile grow across his lips too.

“Aw, Jimmy has to be protected by his girlfriend,” Twitch piped in, making me shoot a glare his way.

It just made everyone else chuckle. My poor baby. I held onto him while the other filtered out of the shop until Josh and Kirstie were the only two that were left. Even then, Kirstie still teased him. Her taunts didn’t bother him too much though. He just shrugged her off and climbed up into his truck. I did the same before giving Kirstie and Josh each a hug goodbye.

“You’re still sexy… even if you don’t have any ink,” I smiled over at him once Kirstie and Josh pulled away.

“And you’re still sexy… even if you do have ink,” he smiled back before pressing his lips against my softly.

When we parted, I had a huge smile on my face. Once we started to drive back to his house, the sun seemed to shine a little brighter. I took this as an amazing omen. I did the right thing… and maybe even chose the right boyfriend a few weeks ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Ky

comment?