Must Be Dreamin'

Does Someone Need A Hug?

So the Nuclear Cowboyz show was a couple of days ago. I had so much fun! That stuff is mind boggling to me but…. Today I was back in my element. Danny, Kevin and I were in the recording studio just messing around, trying to write some new songs and seeing what we could come up with.

Jimmy, Ky, and Josh decided to hang around a while and watch. I was totally fine with this as long as Kylee and Jimmy weren’t making out with each other the whole time.which so far wasn’t happening!

I was glad I was able to see them before I leave though. I got a call from Weezer and they wanted me to sing a few songs with them on their new album they were recording so I was flying to New York to do that and then a week later Danny and Kevin were coming so we could shoot a music video for the song I wrote for Jeremy. I would be gone about a month but I hadn’t told anyone yet…I was going to miss Josh.

“Okay seriously guys how are we supposed to concentrate when all we can hear is the disgusting sound of you smooching!” I shot at the couple with a roll of my eyes.

“I can’t help it that I have a hunky boyfriend,” Kylee threw back at me from her spot on Jimmy’s lap.

“Will someone please shoot me?” Josh groaned as he rested his head on his knees which were pulled up near his chest. The poor guy looked like he was about to die sitting there next to them.

“Josh, just move. They aren’t going to stop anytime soon,” I advised him.

“Good point,” He snickered as he got up and sat next to me on the piano bench.

“Well both of you guys are just jealous because you don’t have someone to kiss,” Jimmy shot back in a stupid waythat Kylee probably thought was oh so cute…gag me!

“Okay!” Kevin yelled getting agitatedand his A.D.D. didn’t help much either. “Ky and Jimmy, stop making out and then we can try to get something done!”

“Well fine then,” Kylee scoffed but her smile broke through.

“Josh go sit over there,” Danny pointed over at the empty chair he was just sitting at.

”No,” He whinedin a really cute voice. “I don’t want to hear them swapping spit,” he went on but eventually went back over there while we tried to get some music going.

We started off with a few warm up songs and I couldn’t get my fingers to work right. They just didn’t seem to move and I screwed up so many notes which is very unlike me. I think I just have a lot on my mindand a tatted up moto racer who’s sitting over there looking so adorable isn’t helping any.

“Kirstie,” Danny groaned. “Concentrate.”

“I am!” I shot back. “I just can’t seem to play right today,” I sighed while running a hand through my hair.

“I know how to get you back in the groove,” Kevin smiled while getting up from his drum set.

He walked over and handed me his drumsticks and then took my guitar. I was glad to have a little break and I took a seat at the drums. Danny got a smirk on his face as he started singing the words to When I Come Around by Green Day. A song he knew I loved.

But as I played the familiar drum line I couldn’t keep in time on that either. They guys once again got frustrated with me and switched me to vocals. My voice was cracking and it felt like every fiber of musical talent drained out of me.

“Kirstie?” Josh asked from his spot next to the couple that surprisingly wasn’t kissing! “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” I sighed. “I guess I just….can’t get my rhythm down today.”

“That’s not like you,” Ky frowned.

“I know,” I sighed again while absent mindedly running a hand through my brown hair.

“Aw does someone need a hug?” Josh cooed.

“Yes,” I smiled while opening my arms up. He got up and sauntered over to me while enfolding me in his embrace that made me smile. Josh had the warmest, comfiest hugs.

After that I tried to go back to playing but I still just had too much on my mind. I couldn’t do it. Music was all emotion and today I was bummed. I was upset that I had to leaveJosh for a month and I was upset with myself that I hadn’t told him or Kylee yet.

“Kirstie no offense but you’re sucking today,” Jimmy said in his always kind manner.

“Thanks so much,” I sarcastically shot at him with annoyance clear in my voice.

“Okay, don’t need to bite my head off,” He threw back at me. I didn’t mean to be so snippy but… I was.

“Are you sure you’re okay Kirstie?” Josh asked with concern and care present.

“Well…” I started.

“Spill!” Kylee said to me, probably hoping it would be something more exciting than it really was.

“I’m going to New York for a month,” I said in one big breath that was mumbled together.

”What?” Josh shot at me.

“I think we’ll go…see something in the other room,” Danny said in a rush as he and Kev walked out of the room.

“I’m guest singing on Weezers new album and then we’re shooting a music video,” I explained.

“Oooh!” Ky smiled. “That’s so cool.”

“See you are a good singer,” Jimmy grinned. There was a small period of silence that Josh eventually broke.

“So…” he started. “You’re going to be gone a month?”

“Yeah,” I quietly responded.

“So you’re going to miss my race?” He asked in a voice that was barely above a whisper.

“I’m sorry Josh,” I apologized while biting my lower lip. “I promise I’ll make it up to you when I get back.”

“When do you leave?” Josh questioned.

“Tomorrow.”

“Oh,” He stated. “Well…. There’s other races. You can come to one when you get back,” He weakly smiled.

“I promise I will Josh. I’m going to make it up to you,” I told him.

“Naw, it’s alright,” He said with a fake smile.

“No it’s not. I promised I’d come to the race this weekend and now I broke my promise and I am going to make it up to you somehow,” I firmly stated while putting my hands on my hips.

“Okay okay,” he smirked. “We’ll work something out. We can talk about it when I take you to the airport tomorrow.”

“Josh you don’t need to take me to the airport,” I smiled at him.

“I am so no buts,” He said while holding a hand up.

“Well fine just forget about your best friend over here. Oh hey Kylee would you take me to the airport? Oh sure Kirstie, I’d love to say goodbye to you before you leave,” Kylee monologue. Her actions made all of us laugh and caused Jimmy to kiss her cheek.

“Oh hey Kylee would you take me to the airport with Josh tomorrow?” I smirked over at her but my smile soon broke through.

“Only if my Fitzy can come too,” She pouted while crossing her arms.

“Yeah you can’t forget about him,” Jimmy smirked.

“Oh of course not,” I smirked right back. “As long as you two aren’t making out with each other.”

“No promises,” Jimmy replied as Josh and I let out a loud groan. Kylee just giggled.

Boy, I love these guys. I don’t know what I’d do without them. I’m just hoping that tomorrow Kylee and Jimmy don’t make me throw up…
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

Kirstie, Josh and the band