Must Be Dreamin'

Words

When I woke up the next morning I couldn’t see very well. My eyes were so puffy and sore. My eyes always got so red when I criedand I cried a lot last night. Kylee then greeted me with the wonderful news that I was late to record some songs…that I hadn’t even written!

I grabbed my notebook and started writing. So many things came out, all the things I was feeling just poured out onto that blank page. I’ve always been an emotional writer and right now I’m pretty emotional.

Kylee told Kevin and Danny, I’m kind of glad she did so I didn’t have to. Later after I played a song I wroteabout Josh Ky brought me into a hug causing me to cry.

“Hey come here,” Kev said after Kylee and I parted. These guys are like my brothers, they annoy me to no end but we all really care about each other. Kev’s my teddy bearsince I don’t have my Joshie bear anymore.

“He’s stupid if he would cheat on you,” Danny said.

“But I love him,” I wailed softly.

“He’s not worth it Kirstie,” Kev told me.

“Yeah, forget about him. He’s a jerk,” Ky backed him up.

“I can’t forget about him,” I cried. “But I’m so sick of being cheated on. Is it me? Or do I just have a curse on me?” I shot.

“Kirstie,” Danny sighed. “You’re such a sweet and trusting girl and guys see that as a weakness not as a beautiful thing and take advantage of that.”

“Yeah and any guy who would do that to you isn’t worth your time,” Kylee advised me.

“I just didn’t think he’d do that to me,” I choked out through my tears. “I love him, he held my heart in his hands and now he broke it…. He broke it and hurt it more than I ever though it could.”

“It sure looks like somebody here could use a hug,” A voice said. I looked up to see Jimmy standing there as Kylee’s face lit up. It made me want Josh so much more.

“I think Kylee wants one first,” I weakly smiled while trying to brush away my tears but they were soon replaced with fresh ones.

Once Kylee had shared a hug and a kiss with her boyfriend he came over and gave me a big hug. It made my longing for Josh so much more.

Jimmy was so much bigger than Josh, I missed his short frame. Jimmy had those bright blue eyes, I missed Josh’s soft caramel ones. Jimmy’s words didn’t have the power to comfort me like Josh’s did.

Jimmy didn’t make the world melt away when he took me into his arms. Jimmy didn’t have all of the tattoos that Josh had spilling all over his arms. Jimmy wasn’t my little moto rider.

Jimmy just wasn’t Josh and that was that. No one could be Josh or mean what Josh did to me. But one thing that was different about Jimmy and Josh is that right now I felt like Jimmy cared about me and I don’t believe that Josh does anymore.

I thought a lot about words. All of us use them…some more than others. Some people have the power to make them beautiful, authors and writers. I wrote a song today that had so much meaning in each little word. When I was with Josh, he could tell me everything was going to be okay and I would believe him.

But now….yesterday on that fateful day Josh’s words were poison. The swarmed in my brain and infected every fiber of my being. They were ugly and hurtful. But then there were those three little words, I love you. Those words I still felt for him….
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's kind of short :(
comments???

Kirstie