Must Be Dreamin'

I Have Two Arms

“C’mon Josh,” I said in a rush as I grabbed his hand and tugged on it.

“What? Where are we going?” He asked with his eyebrows wrinkling up cutely.

“Ky and Todd have been together this entire time Jimmy’s been gone and he just got back and saw them kissing,” I explained. “She just called me so let’s go.”

He got up as I tugged him out to my BMW and we sped to Ky’s parents house where she was staying. Josh had barely opened his door when I was already running through the door.

I found Kylee curled up on her couch bawling her eyes out. I immediately wrapped her up in a big hug and let her cry on my shoulder as she slowly brought her arms around me.

When Josh came in he put his arms around both of us while the only sound that filled the room was Kylee’s sobs. I felt so bad for her, I was in this same position only a few weeks ago. As Ky’s tears started to slow Josh let go of us and plopped down in the middle of the couch.

“Hey, I have two arms for two girls,” he cheesily said while opening up his arms.

It made me giggle and a weak smile spread across Kylee’s face. She slowly walked over and cuddled up on one side of Josh as he brought his arm around her and she rested her head on his shoulder. isn’t he a little sweetheart?

I then came over and took my spot on the other side of him but reached my hand across his lap and took one of Ky’s hand in mine. She let out a few tears before looking at both of us.

“I should probably tell you guys what’s going on, huh?” She said in a small voice.

“You don’t have to Kylee,” Josh sweetly said while gently rubbing her back.

“Yeah Ky, if you want to tell us we’ll listen and if you don’t want to we can just be here for you, that’s fine too,” I reassured her.

“No, I think I should tell you,” She sniffled before getting started. “Ever since Jimmy left I was lonely. Todd came and spent time with me and soon it became more than a friendship.”

Josh and I were silent while Kylee regained her composure then took a deep breath and kept going.

“I don’t know why I let it go farther… but I did,” Kylee sighed. “I don’t know why I hurt him. I love him so much and now….” she never finished as her cries took over.

We tried to comfort her but her cries got harder and harder. The three of us all sat hugging each other until Kylee eventually cried herself to sleep. Josh carried her up and tucked her into bed before coming back and holding me in his arms.

“I feel so bad for Kylee,” I pouted as he kissed the top of my head.

“I know I do too. I know exactly how she’s feeling,” Josh sighed.

“This is like an exact mirror of our situation,” I told him and he agreed. “Maybe… tomorrow I should go talk to Jimmy.”

“Yeah I think that would be good. You know exactly what he’s feeling too,” Josh told me.

“And you could talk to Kylee,” I smiled at him as he pecked my lips. “You were really sweet today. Thanks for being so nice to my bestie.”

“You’re welcome. I just know how’s she feeling and want to try to make it better. I know I’m not Jimmy but….. I can still be there for her,” Josh sweetly stated.

“Aw you’re so adorable. I love you,” I told him before we shared a round of loving and passionate kisses.

“I don’t know what I would have done if I lost you,” He deeply sighed. “I still hate myself for doing that to you.”

“Josh I forgave you,” I said with a kiss.

“I know but I still feel horrible for it because I was horrible to you,” He said as his eyes filled with pain.

“Everyone makes mistakes and I still love you,” I whispered as my cupped his cheek with my hand.

“I love you so much Kirsten,” Josh said while gazing into my eyes.

“I love you too Joshua,” I replied. “I have something I wrote the day after that happened. I want to play it for you, I think it’ll be good closure for us,” I told him while running out to my car and grabbing my guitar.

I cuddled with him on the couch as I played the song. His eyes were filled to the brim with hurt as I played the song and a single tear ran down his cheek.

“Josh I didn’t play that to make you feel bad, I just want us to put this in the past and I want to play another one I wrote the day you came back.”

I woke up reaching for you I was outta breath
I’ve been chasing you around ever since you left
Now I’m wondering if you’re ever coming back
Coming back, coming back

All I know is I need you
After all these things that we’ve been through
And there’s nothing in this world that I won’t do
For you to believe me, for you to believe me

Now I know I must be dreaming
I close my eyes and you walk in
Now I know I must be dreaming
I must be dreaming, I must be dreaming again

Without you I just can’t take it anymore
All the time we’ve had apart, what’s it even for
Is this real you’re finally knocking at my door
Knocking at my door, woah

Something’s gotta give ‘cause I don’t want to live
Don’t wake me up until the story
If there’s another night without you in my life
Don’t wake me up again

Now I know I must be dreaming
I close my eyes and you walk in
Now I know I must be dreaming
I must be dreaming, I must be dreaming again


As this song ended we were both in tears, but…good tears. We shared a kiss that said everything. Now I know for sure that both of us can completely put this behind us and move on. All that pain is gone now…. I can only hope the same will happen for my bestie and her boo.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw poor Ky! But adorable Joshie! lol

Kirstie and Josh