Must Be Dreamin'

Should I Be Calling Cupid

Jimmy, Todd, and Josh had to leave the next day. I was kind of bummed. I wanted to spend more time with Jimmy… and Todd! And I guess Josh too… I just like to pick on that kid. It’s funny.

But now I’m all pouty while saying goodbye to Jimmy… and Todd and Josh. Jimmy was the first one I hugged. When we pulled away a little bit, I pouted up at him, making him smile brightly.

“I’m going to miss you,” I pouted even more.

“You’ll forget all about me. You have all this fun. I’m just back home, being bored,” he pouted this time.

“Shut up,” I giggled while smacking his arm lightly.

He chuckled too before hugging me one last time. I didn’t want to let him go, but he had to leave… and I needed to say goodbye to my boyfriend. I opened my arms for him, but he didn’t walk into them. He just hooked an arm around me and led me away from Josh and Jimmy.

“Everything ok?” I asked him once we were a good distance from everyone.

“Yeah… I just feel…” he started, but couldn’t finish.

I pouted at him playfully while cupping his scruffy cheek. As time went on, I got up on my tiptoes to leave a soft kiss on his forehead.

“I care about you… a lot and you know that, especially with everything that’s gone on. I wanted to be there for you a lot more than I had been, but…” he trailed off.

“Todd, it’s ok,” I tried to assure him.

“No it’s not… because I feel like we…” he trailed off once again. What is wrong with him?

“Feel like we what, Todd?” I tried to get out of him.

“I feel like we… just grew apart. I don’t know what to say around you anymore. I don’t feel like you can talk to me like you used to… and I feel like… you found someone else to do what I should be doing,” he finally said with his voice growing softer towards the end.

I looked at him so confused. Ok, I guess this whole… losing my brother/ one of his best friends hasn’t helped our relationship, but… found someone else? Did he really need to say that?

“Who?” I finally pushed out.

“Jimmy,” he sighed.

I rolled my eyes once he said that. Seriously? He’s just a friend…who stepped up to help me through something huge in my life He can’t do what Todd does.

“We’re just friends, Todd,” I tried telling him.

“Ky, I know where you’ve been staying. And I was ok with it. You need your time to get over everything. I know I wasn’t much help so I let it go, but… I can’t keep this going if I don’t think you’re happy with me,” he explained.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. He was right, but… that didn’t stop my eyes from starting to sting.

“It’s not that I don’t care about you,” he spoke up while pulling me into a hug. “It’s just… I think someone like Jimmy would be better for you right now,” he went on while stroking my hair. “You’re still one of my best friends,” he softly said into my ear.

“So are you, Todd,” I replied once we parted and I wiped the single tear that fell.

“If you need me though, don’t hesitate to call. I’ll still be here for you,” he smiled, making me feel a little better.

I nodded my head before we shared another hug and we walked back over to Jimmy and Josh. I hugged Josh goodbye before they left. Jimmy lagged back a little, giving me another big hug that made me smile.

“I’ll come visit you again… if you want me too,” he said softly with his arms still hooked around me.

“I’d like that,” I beamed.

He smiled before letting go of me and then walking away to jog up to the other boys. I smiled as I watched all three of them walk in a line beside each other.I missed Jimmy already.

I sighed heavily and then walked back onto the bus to go to the next stop. I didn’t talk to anyone for a little bit. I just went back into lounge to chill out with my thoughts.

Kirstie came back after a few minutes though. She knew something wasn’t right. So, I eventually told her. I didn’t cry this time. I’m so over crying about anything. I probably cried my whole tear ducts out.

“You and Jimmy would be cute together,” she teased, making me roll my eyes.

“My boyfriend and I just broke up and you’re telling me I’d be cute with my best guy friend,” I shot at her.

“So… he even said that Jimmy would be better for you,” she poked.

“You know… Jeremy always said Todd wasn’t right for me. He just never really said anything because Todd was such a good friend,” I told her, smiling at the conversation I had with my brother… more than once.

“See… Should I start interviewing Jimmy?” she giggled, making me throw a pillow at her.

“What about Josh?” I smirked at her.

“Josh is not your type of guy,” she said a little defensively.

“Not for me, genius! You!” I replied through my laughter…like I would be interesting in someone like Josh Grant.

Me? No… I don’t have time for a boyfriend… no matter how cute,” she sighed, obviously disappointed.

“Ha! You think he’s cute!” I teased.

“So… I bet you do too,” she countered.

I just rolled my eyes at her. Josh may be a little cute… but not cute enough. He seems like someone Kirstie could get along with really well though. If he’d just let the Lil’ Wayne thing go. But I think that’s something him and Kirstie could have fun teasing each other about… Should I be calling Cupid?... or has he already struck?
♠ ♠ ♠
:D :D

Kylee

comment?