I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

The Words In My Mouth Are Blood In Yours

It was the middle of the night and I was thirsty, so I meandered down the stairs while Brendon was still alseep. 

As I walked through the living room, I noticed someone had left the T.V. on the news station. 

"Spencer Smith, man accused of harboring serial killers, Ryan Ross and Brendon Urie, claims innocence. He said that he was not in partnership with the two, but in fact kidnapped and held hostage. He managed to escape..."

That idiot. we told him to leave before he got himself (or us) into any trouble. But him and his stubborn ass just had to stay and put us all at risk. 

"I told you, I'm fucking innocent!" I heard Spencer exclaim in a semi-hushed tone from the other room. 

I froze. Fuck, is there better not be anyone here.

Then again why would someone be here at two in the morning?

I fucking hope is not his damn mother again.

"No Jon it's not cool. That's just your fucked up immature mind thinking so."

I exhaled a sigh of relief. He must be on the phone.

"I told you I was just innocently washing my hands in the bathroom when  Urie came in dressed as a woman. I opened my big mouth having recognized him, but he didn't have the guts to kill me because we were best friends as kids so he took me hostage. They even stole my credit cards."

I laughed considering that part was actually true.

"What? No! Look, can we stop talking about this? I told you, I'm innocent." I chuckled. I could tell by his voice that Spencer was getting exasperated. 

"Look. I'm tired. I'll talk to you later or something. Okay. Bye." he said sighing and snapping the phone shut. 

I decided that it was about time I made an appearance, so I quietly tip-toed into the kitchen where Spencer was, as he was facing away from me. 

"Who were you talking to?" I asked, causing him to jump and drop his phone in the sink. 

He sighed, turned around, and glared at me. 

"You're lucky there was not water in there." he said. "What are you doing up this late anyway?" 

"I was thirsty." I said nonchalantly, reaching over his head for a glass. "Who were you talking to on the phone?" I asked. 

"My friend Jon." he said. 

"You have friends?" 

"Funny." he responded. "We've been good friends for a while. He heard about what happened to me on the news and called me up all excited.  He apparently thinks it's cool that I was kidnapped and held hostage by two serial killers. I swear to god that guys twelve or something." Spencer continued. 

"Right. Just make sure you don't tell him anything that would put us at risk. In fact, I don't know if you should be talking to him at all." I said raising my eyebrow. 

"You can't keep me from talking to my friends. They'd be even more suspicious if I just stopped talking to them anyway. I'm supposed to be home safe now, remember?" Spencer argued. 

"Fine." I said. "Just make sure you don't let anything slip." I warned, filling ip my glass and taking a drink. 

"Eye-eye sir." he responded sarcastically. 

"You're starting to sound like Brendon." I stated, setting my glass down in the sink. "I'm going back to bed." I said. "I'll see you tomorrow or whatever." I said as I left the room. 

"Yeah, okay. Good night." he yawned. 

I made my way back upstairs slowly, and tip-toed into the bedroom to avoid waking Brendon up. He needed his sleep, and he actually looked really cute in this state. 

I crawled back in bed and slid under the covers. My attempt to keep him asleep failed when his eyes fluttered open. 

"Where were you?" he yawned. 

"I just went to get something to drink." I mumbled. "Go back to sleep." I said wrapping him in my arms. 

"Mkay." he mumbled. I kissed his forehead and he buried his face in my chest and sighed. 

"I love you." he said. 

"I love you too. Go back to sleep."
♠ ♠ ♠
AAAH! I'm so sorry. This is the second super short crappy chapter I've posted in a row. It's really short and pointless and... Argh. I'm sorry. Comment anyways? We love you... <3 I promise I'll do better next time...