Girls On Film

chapter 11

"Hello?"

"Hey Sophie." Jimmy said. He couldn't believe he was talking to her. He really didn't want to, but he decided to take Avery's advice. He should be the one to tell her what happened, not Avery. Plus, what happened was something that could potentionally hurt Sophie. And as harsh as it sounds, Jimmy wanted her to hurt a bit.

"Jimmy?"

"How've you been?" He asked her.

"I've been better." She sighed. "What about you?" She asked. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm... better." He said. "That's why I wanted to call-"

"I'm sorry, Jimmy." She said. "I just couldn't do it by myself."

"Sophie-"

"I know you probably don't understand now, but I hope someday you could forgive me." She said.

"It's fine Sophie." Jimmy said. He ran a hand down his tired face and sighed. "I'm over it."

"Really?" She asked. Jimmy paued for a moment. He didn't want to lie to her.

"No, not really..."

"I've been wanting to call you and see if..." Sophie stopped for a moment. Jimmy had a feeling she was crying, but didn't want him to know.

"What Sophie?" He asked.

"Do you still want to marry me Jimmy?" She asked.

"Yea." He said. "Of course I do." He heard Sophie let out a small sigh. "But, I think we should wait a bit longer." He said. "We shouldn't try and rush back into the marriage thing so quickly after what happened."

"Okay." Sophie said. "I understand."

"I still love you Sophie." He said. Which he did. He was just so pissed at her.

"I love you too."

"I um," Jimmy stammered. Now he had to tell her what he and Avery did. He would feel guilty if he didn't. "I, um, did somethings Sophie." He said. "After you told me about the baby... I was pissed off and, I didn't know what I was doing." Half of it was the truth.

"What did you do?" She asked him softly.

"I kind of fooled around with-"

"You know what, I don't care." She said.

"Huh?"

"I don't care." She said. "I don't want to hear it." Jimmy laid in his bunk with a confused look on his face. He couldn't believe Sophie didn't want him to tell her.

"Wait... what?"

"I'm glad you built up the courage to tell me what you've done, but I don't want to hear it. Please don't tell me." She said. "I understand you were upset, and you fucked up."

"How are you being so casual about me fooling around with someone else?" He asked sounding very surprised.

"Would you rather I be mad and throw a fit?" She asked.

"Well... yea." He said. "It would make me feel a little better." Jimmy said.

"Well, I won't." She said. "If you told me what you did, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it."

"You're not even mad?" Jimmy asked.

"Yea." She said. "I'm a little upset, but there's nothing I can do about it now." She sighed. "But, um, I've got to go." She said. "Thank you for calling me Jimmy." She said softly. "I love you."

"I love you too." Jimmy said. "Bye." He shut his phone off and rolled onto hs side.

"You cheated on Sophie?" Jimmy pulled back the curtain of his bunk and looked down. Brian was standing there wide eyed. "When?" He asked.

"Don't worry about it."

"With who?" He asked.

"Nobody you know." Jimmy sighed. Brian laughed.

"I thought we were friends, Jimmy." He smiled. "I would tell you if I cheated on Tara. I wouldn't but, I'd tell you."

"I can't tell you, Brian." Jimmy laughed. "Sorry."

"So it's somebody we know then." Brian said nodding. "You wouldn't be trying to hide it unless it was someone we knew."

"Brian," Sophie said as she pulled the curtain from her bunk back. "Please be quiet." She said. "I'm really tired."

"But Jimmy cheated on Soph-"

"Please." Avery sighed.

"Whatever." Brian said. "We will talk about this later Jimmy." Brian said before walking towards the front. Jimmy glanced over at Avery's bunk. She tried not to look at him as she closed her curtian. Jimmy sighed and slipped out of his bunk.

"Avery." He whispered as he pulled back her curtain.

"Go away." She groaned into her pillow. "Please go away." Jimmy ignored her and hopped into her bunk. "What the hell is your problem?" She whispered harshly as she closed her curtain. "Now Brian fucking knows."

"He doesn't know it was you." Jimmy said as he tried to make himself comfortable with the little space she gave him. Since he'd gotten in with her, she'd pulled the sheets up to her chin. "Neither does Sophie." He said.

"What?"

"She said she didn't want to hear about what I did."

"Jimmy," Avery groaned. "You should've told her anyway. Now when she finds out she's going to be even more pissed."

"If she finds out." Jimmy said. Avery shook her head. She hadn't glanced at him yet. She hasn't since she left the hotel the day before. She just couldn't bring herself to look at him.

"She will find out Jimmy." Avery said. "It's just a matter of time."

"Have you told Jeffey yet?" He asked her. Avery shook her head. "Wow." Jimmy huffed. "You've been on my ass to tell Sophie, but you still haven't told Jeffey."

"I'm waiting until I get home to tell him. I don't want to do it over the phone."

"Why? Either way you say it, it's still going to piss him off."

"That's just how I want to do it, okay? I would feel better if I'm at home when I tell him." She said.

"You're not leaving Avery." Jimmy smiled. "You know you're not."

"Yes I am." She said. "I already bought my ticket and everything."

"When do you leave?" He asked with an amused look on his face.

"Next week." She said. "I think this is going to be my last time touring with you guys." Jimmy's smile slowly faded as he looked at her. She was looking down at her feet which were peeking out of the sheets.

"Avery," He said. "You're being a bit dramatic." He said.

"Maybe we should try and distance ourselves from each other too." She said. "Atleast for a little while. So we can try and put all this behind us." Jimmy couldn't believe what he was hearing. She sounded so down so... defeated.

"Shut up Avery." He said. "You don't mean a thing you're saying." Avery nodded and looked up at him for the first time since yesterday. What a mistake that was.

"Yea, I do." She said.

"No you don't."

"Jimmy," She laughed. "I'm not going to argue with you about what I'm saying." She said looking back down at her feet. "I'm going home, you know, maybe when Jeffey and I go to Europe, me and you shouldn't talk to each other."

"I'll call you." He said.

"I won't answer."

"Come on Avery." Jimmy groaned as he pushed his face into her neck. "Stop acting so... stuck up."

"Stuck up?" She asked. Her brows raised in a surprised way.

"Yea." He said nodding. "Stuck up. You're acting like you're too good for me." He said. "That what it seems like."

"Well..." She said shrugging.

"Ah, fuck you Avery." He said frowning a bit. "You're not better than me. You can sit there and keep telling yourself that, but the truth is you're just as fucked up and confused as I am."

"I'm not confused." She said calmly. "I know how I feel. I know what I want."

"Well...?" Jimmy asked looking at her.

"I feel guilty." She said. "What I did to Jeffey was wrong. What we did was a mistake-"

"Mistakes aren't supossed to happen twice." Jimmy added, twirling a finger around a locke of Avery's hair.

"-And I want to tell him and try to makes things better between us."

"I think this is all bull shit Avery." He said honestly. "You're letting what happened get to you."

"Yea, so?" She asked. "It wasn't right."

"You're letting all this defeat you." He said. "We never had anything come between us, why now?"

"Because we fucked up Jimmy." She said. She felt like she was screaming it him. He just didn't want to get it. It may not have meant much to him seeing as how Sophoie fucked him over, but it was getting to Avery. "I fucked up and now I have to try and make things better."

"All right." Jimmy said pulling back the curtain of her bunk. "Fine, whatever. Do what you feel you need to do. I won't stop you." He said. He slowly slipped out of her bunk and shut the curtain.

Avery was terrified of today. She was terrified because she was leaving, and would have to face Jeffey soon. Plus, Sophie was coming to join the group. Avery stomach was in all kinds of knots, she felt as if she were going to throw up. Even though Sophie didn't know that Avery was the one who had fooled around with her Jimmy, Avery knew that it was bound to come out while she was here. Avery couldn't lie to save her ass, and while she and Sophie were in the same place, that what she had to do.

She sat back in the disgusting airport chair and watched as Jimmy hugged Sophie. He wrapped his arms around her and burried his face into her hair, while Sophie cried softly into his chest. He held her with such care, as if she were fragile, as if she would slip out of his grasp at any moment. "So he cheated on her?" Matt whispered to Johnny. Avery looked up at the guys. They were all by her side watching the couple hold each other. "With who?" He asked. Johnny shrugged. Avery began to shake. They all knew this already, but they continued to talk about it. Poor Avery was begining to lose it.

"Come on guys," She said trying to smile. Everyone could tell it was forced. "Don't talk about that while they're right there." Avery turned and looked back at the two. They had finally let go of each other and now they were looking into each other's eyes. Sharing secrets only they would know.

"I think there's more to it." Brian said. Avery frowned as she turned to look at him.

"Hi guys." Sophie said as she and Jimmy approached. She was wiping her tears away with one hand, while holding onto Jimmy's with the other. Avery and the rest of the guys all said hello. "You planning your wedding yet Avery?" She asked with a soft smile. Avery tried to smile again as she nodded. Sophie didn't believe it. Sophie could tell there was something wrong with her. Something about the way she was presenting herself made Sophie second guess it.

"Not yet." Avery said. Her voice was a bit shakey. "I don't really want anything too big. Maybe we'll just elope." She said still trying to hold her smile.

"What about your wedding?" Matt asked Sophie. Johnny muttered a shut up while Zacky nudged him with his elbow.

"It's... coming along." She said. She looked up at Jimmy and tugged at his hand.

"You guys ready?" He asked everybody.

"Aren't you leaving?" Zacky asked Avery.

"Later on tonight." She said.

"So we can go?" Jimmy asked again. They all nodded and headed for the exit.

"You're leaving?" Sophie asked Avery. Avery nodded.

"I've been missing Jeffey like crazy." She smiled. Sophie frowned a bit. Avery never went home early for missing Jeffey. She stayed on the tour and endured with the rest of them. She couldn't see what was so different now.

The ride back to the bus was a dead one. No one really spoke. Every now and then one of the guys would say something just to start a conversation, but it wouldn't last. Avery sat with her hands to herself trying to look anywhere but at the happy couple. She thought she was doing right by trying to ignore Jimmy, but she wasn't. Slowly but surely Sophie started putting the piece's together. Never in all the years that she's known Avery and Jimmy have they ever ignored each other like this. Even if they were upset with the other, they would still shoot horrible looks each other's way. Or make some snarky comments. This was so much different from the other times. They haven't looked at each other, haven't made any comments, and havn't uttered the other's name. They had no one to blame but themselves.