Girls On Film

chapter 4

"I don't like it here." Avery whispered into the phone.

"What's wrong with Vegas baby?" Jeffey asked.

"It's just so unappealing." She said. "I can't find a single thing I like about it."

"If only you got there a day earlier," He said. "We could've probably been able to see each other."

"If only you would've stayed a day longer..." Avery sighed.

"How long are you guys staying there anyway?" He asked.

"About a week I think." She said.

"Didn't the damn tour just start?" Jeffey asked sounding a bit surprised.

"I didn't make up the damn dates." Avery said mocking him. He laughed a bit into the phone, causing Avery to smile. "I miss you." She said.

"I miss you too." Jeffey sighed. "But it won't be long until you come back." He said.

"Puh-lease babe." Avery laughed. "We've got a long while until this tour is finished up."

"There's no rush." He said softly. That's the one thing Avery loved about Jeffey. All the guys she'd dated before him never liked the relationship she had with the guys. Jeffey was the only one who got it. He never questioned it. He never asked her why she had to go on these tours. He never tried to persuade her to stay.

"I gotta go now Jeffey. We're about to head out" She sighed. "I'll try and call you later."

"All right Avery. Try and stay out of trouble." He said. "I love you."

"Love you too babe. Bye."

"Love you too babe." Jimmy mocked as he stepped out of the bathroom. "Bye."

"Fuck you, Jimmy." Avery smiled as she threw one of the few hotel pillows they had at Jimmy's head. "Where we going?"

"We're going to lose some money." He sighed as he sat down on his bed.

"I'm kind of not in the mood though." She said. Jimmy turned to look at her. He couldn't believe her.

"I'm taking your phone away from you." He said as he bent forward to tie his shoes.

"Why?" Avery asked as she laid back onto the bed.

"Because every time you talk to Jeffey, you get in that sad, mopey mood that just brings everyone down."

"Pfft, sorry." Avery said.

"I don't know what you see in him." Jimmy said. Avery sat up and furrowed her brows. "I mean, other than the fact he..." Jimmy scrambled to find the right words before Avery mauled him, but he couldn't.

"I don't know what you saw in all the skanks you've dated." Avery said. "Sophie is like the best girl you've ever been with." Avery said. "But I think it's purely physical." Now it was Jimmy's turn to furrow his brows.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"I think you just like the way she looks." Avery said shrugging.

"What makes you think that?"

"Well," Avery said. "She's pretty. We both know that. But that's about it." She sighed. "There's nothing really special about her."

"Fuck you, Avery." Jimmy said as he stood up and walked towards his bags in the corner.

"Don't be mad at me." She said. "You started it." Avery smiled as she laid back on the bed.

"That's my future wife you're slamming." He said. "That's pretty shitty of you to talk about her now, when you're her friend any other time."

"I like her Jimmy." Avery said. "I was just pointing out the obvious." She said. "What about you? You act like you like Jeffey when he's around, but you were just slamming him."

"Whatever Avery." Jimmy said as he shook his head. "Let's just drop it." He was visibly upset. But he picked a fight that he couldn't finish. That was his problem. "Are you coming out with us or what?" He asked. Avery continued to lay back on the bed and look up at the ceiling. "Now you're mad at me?" Jimmy asked. "That's bullshit Avery." He said. "If anything I should be mad at you." Avery knew that she should probably leave. Before she made things worst than they were. So, she sat up and sighed. She looked over at Jimmy before getting up and walking out the room.

"Fuck," Matt sighed as he ran his hand down his face. "Someone needs to do something about her. She's making me sick."

"I know." Johnny agreed. "She's been acting like such a bitch lately." Johnny sat down his drink and laid back in his chair. "It's annoying as hell."

"It's because she's missing Jeffey." Jimmy said as he turned around in his seat. Avery was sitting at a table with Zacky a few feet away from them. "You know how she is."

"Yea." Brian said. "But she's never been like this before."

"She'll get over it sooner or later." Jimmy shrugged as he took a sip of his drink. Funny how he's still defending her even though she's done nothing but piss him off.

"Why don't you talk to her." Brian said nuding Jimmy with his elbow. Jimmy shook his head.

"She's mad at me right now." He said. "The only thing that would cheer her up is probably Jeffey calling." He said. "But that's also what brings her down."

"We gotta do something." Matt said as he brought his hands up to his face. "Fuck I'm drunk." He mumbled.

"Why don't you call him." Brian said to Jimmy.

"And tell him what?" Jimmy asked as he looked over at him.

"That his girlfriend had been PMSing since he left." Just then Zacky got up from his seat next to Avery and walked over to the bar.

"She won't shut up." He said. "All she keeps talking about is-"

"Jeffey." Jimmy sighed.

"What the hell is wrong with her?" Zacky asked as he took a seat next to Matt.

"Dude, don't fucking leave her, or she'll-"

"Hey." Avery said as she sat down next to Brian. Matt groaned loudly before he let his head fall ontop of the counter.

"Hey." Johnny said.

"I think I'm going to head back to the hotel." She said. "I'm tired." She said.

"Oh, okay." Brian said.

"I'll see you guys in the morning." She said. Avery knew the guys didn't want her there. And for the first time since she's been touring with them, she didn't want to be there. For some reason this has been the hardest tour she's been on. She's been missing Jeffey like crazy.

As she closed the door to her and Jimmy's room, she felt like crying. Never has she been so dependent on someone. She wasn't that type of person. But Jeffey had that effect on her. As hard as she tried, she just couldn't shake it off.

"Avery." Jimmy said shaking her. "Avery you up?"

"What do you want Jimmy?" She asked as she rolled over. "I'm tired."

"I need to ask you something." He said.

"Ask away." She sighed.

"Which tie should I wear?" He asked her. Avery frowned as she rolled over and looked at him. Jimmy, Matt and Zacky were all smiling down at her.

"What the hell?" She asked as she pulled the sheets up over her head.

"Get up." Jimmy said.

"For what?" Avery asked.

"We gotta go to the airport." Matt said.

"We're leaving?" She asked.

"No." Zacky said.

"We're picking up Sophie." Jimmy said.

"Why do I have to come?"

"Because we're all going." Jimmy said as he pulled the sheets off of her body. Matt let out a whistle when he seen she was only in her underwear. "Come on."

Against Avery's will, she got up and got dressed. She didn't understand why she had to go to pick up Sophie too. Jimmy was probably just making her go as payback for what happened yesterday.

"You guys wanna get out so I can get dressed?" She asked. The guys all walked out, leaving Avery half naked in her bed. She got up and brushed her teeth before she put on a pair of sweats and a white t-shirt. She sat down on the bed as she put on her shoes. She felt like calling Jeffey, but she didn't just because she didn't want the guys to be mad at her like they were last night.

Avery got a scrunchie and put her hair in a pony tail. Not even a minute later Matt was knocking on her door.

"You done yet?" Hw asked. Avery rolled her eyes as she opened the door. Matt looked down at her and frowned. "You're wearing that?" He asked. Avery nodded.

"I don't see a point in getting dressed up to see Sophie." Avery said as she closed the door. Matt looked her over one more time before sighing.

"You sure?" He asked. "At least put on some jeans or something."

"I'm fine with what I've got on, but thank you." Avery said. She wasn't surprised that the other guys were acting the same way as Matt.

"Go change." Johnny said.

"No." Avery said. "Can we just go so I can get back and sleep?"

"Whatever." Brian said. "Just walk ten feet behind me so people don't know I'm with you."

"Fuck you Brian." Avery laughed.

"Not if you begged, gorgeous."

"Baby, I missed you." Sophie said as she ran into Jimmy's arms. Avery rolled her eyes. She turned her head and tried to drown out the sounds of their loud, obnoxious kissing.

"Hey Sophie." Brian said as he tried to get them to stop kissing. Sophie turned around.

"Hey guys." She said smiling from ear-to-ear. "Hey Avery. How you been?" She asked. Avery looked up at Jimmy to see him smirking at her.

"I've been good." Avery said. "How about yourself?" Avery returned the same smirk that Jimmy continued to send her.

"Busy." Sophie said. "Trying to plan our wedding." Jimmy pinched her sides which caused her to giggle. "Jimmy." She laughed.

"Can we go now?" Avery asked. "Or are we waiting for somebody else."

"We gotta wait." Jimmy said.

"For who?" She asked. She looked at Johnny, Brian, Matt, and Zacky. "All you guys girlfriend's are coming?" She asked.

"Hell no." Matt said shaking his head.

"Then who are we waiting for?" Avery asked again.

"Don't worry about it." Jimmy said. "God just shut up for a minute." He said. Avery rolled her eyes and looked in another direction. Sophie nudged him with her elbow.

"What's up?" She asked him. He shook his head.

"Nothing." He said. "It's nothing." He said looking over at Avery.

She was sitting there with one leg crossed over the other, her arms folded across her chest, and the only thing she was thinking about was how nice it would be back behind the counter of a Taco Bell. "Why the long face?" Avery looked up to see Jeffey standing in front of her.

"Jeffey what're you doing here?" She asked as she stood up. She wrapped her arms around him.

"Jimmy called me yesterday and told me you were-"

"PMSing." Brian said. Avery shot him a glance before looking back at Jeffey.

"So I bought a ticket and came to see you." Avery was speechless." She didn't want to thank Jimmy, or give in and apologize him. But she was grateful.