A Beautiful Tragedy

Take Time To Listen

As I came back to our bus early from the party, I ended up just sitting on the couch with another beer in my hand and a bottle of Jack in the the other. After seeing Charlie kiss Derrick, I felt like nothing in the world matter anymore. I wish I could have kicked Derrick's ass but knowing she ain't mine to begin with ain't farr for neither of them.
Oh and yes there was a girl who was on me the whole time at the party but that was it, she was just a girl to me...Charlie in the other hand is more then that. Charlie is everything to me and much more!
When I saw Derrick all over her instead of me being the one, I saw that she didn't fight it which hurt. I feel as though I need to get her back, hurting her to protect myself.

Tonight showed that I'd have to let go but apart of me feels that she is worth the fight. Fighting for her so she could see how much I felt for her.
Soon as my thoughts were pushed aside, I noticed Charlie walking onto the bus. Without Tripp with her.

I didn't waste anytime to get to the bottom of everything. "So what? You into Derrick now?" I quickly questioned once she reached the top of the steps. I take it she wasn't expecting that due to the confused look on her face. "Why does it matter to you who I like Brian? Plus you are just drunk." snapping back at me.
"I was just asking Charlie, no need to bitch at me and for your information I am not drunk!" defending myself. Charlie didn't believe me, so she shook her head at me before heading towards the back.

Oh hell no, she ain't walking away from this conversation. So I reached out for her arm.

-Charlie's P.O.V-

I knew that this conversation wasn't going to end till one of us wins, I ended up shaking my head at him and started to head for our room but before I could reach the door. I was pulled back and spun to where our lips ended up meeting each other.
This was the first time Brian has kissed me since that party back in high school, I didn't understand what he was playing but I ain't going to play along. So I pushed away from him. Looking up at him with tears in my eyes.

"What are you getting at Brian?" hissing at him when I noticed our lips weren't attached anymore. I saw hurt form across his face at this point. "Seeing you with Derrick tonight killed me Charlie, when I kissed you at that party I fell for you. I have fallen for you all this time!" but before I could let him finish, I pulled away.

"Bullshit, you are just saying that because you don't want to see me happy. If you loved me all this time like you say you are, we would have been together along time ago because I was inlove with you as well!" yelling at this point. I didn't want to hear anymore, so I quickly turned and stormed into the back.

I guess what I said to him hurt because when I woke up the next morning I saw I was alone and his bed was still as how it was left last night. At first I felt bad but then I reminded myself that I was right to feel the way I did. If he did love me all this time then why never make a move? It didn't matter anymore because Derrick caught my interest now. Rethinking about the kiss that happend last night between Brian and I, I did miss it. I forgot how it felt when his lips were against mine. I never wanted to push away because it felt so right but at the same time, I couldn't take anymore mind games.

Out of no where my thoughts were cut short when I saw Erica enter my room and sat down on Brian's bed. Supporting a smile. I was a tad caught off guard but thought to give her a smirk. "Why are you so happy?" asking because now I was being creeped out.
Erica took a deep breathe but soon spoke. "So last night was pretty wild huh?". Where was she getting at?

"Yeah I guess it was" replying just before we both broke out in laughter. "Yeah I mean you hooked up with Derrick Tribbett from Dope and I hooked up with Zacky..." but before she could finish I cut in. "Wait what, you hooked up with Zacky...how?" better believe that I was interested now.
"Well Zacky pulled me aside at the party and told me how he felt. Soon one thing led to another and we ended up kissing then once we got back to our bus...I ended up sleeping with him" giggling to herself at the last part.

I then couldn't help myself but smile for her news, "Wow, my two best friends are a couple now!" I annouced just before hugging her. I could tell she was blushing as we hugged, she had every reason to.

Erica then pulled away with a smile, "Yeah, I'm very happy". "Well I am happy for the both of you and hope things work out!" giving her another hug for congrats.
"Thanks but what happend between Brian and you?" as she changed the subject. "Well Tripp walked me back to the bus and once I got inside, Brian was sitting on the couch drinking beer and Jack. But once he saw me, he started to ask about how I felt for Tripp and I told him it was none of his business. Leaving him mad I guess. So I tried to come back here but he then pulled me towards him and kissed me." I looked to Erica but I could tell she was still stuck on the last part.
I'm sure all she heard was Brian kissing me part, what a blonde. "What did you do when he kissed you?" showing that she wanted me to continue on with the story. Sighing, I went on with the story. "I pushed away. There wasn't much that was said but I just feel his actions were late", I looked to Erica for comfort. Knowing that I had feelings for the man. Erica then gave me a sympathetic smile before hugging me.

"So what are you going to do with Tripp? I gotta give it to you, the guy is a hottie!" trying to lighten the mood. "I like him and apparently he said he likes me too. Told me last night before he gave me a goodnight kiss. Today he will be hanging out with us at the booth" explaining while thinking about last night. "Oh really?", I looked at her sly smirk. What a pervert she was! I guess she could tell what I was thinking because we both broke out into laughter.

After eating breakfast with the guys and taking our showers, both Erica and myself set up the merch booth. Sitting right under the hot sun. Kids came and went, seeing as Dope was getting ready to hit the stage. As if on cue, Tripp turned to face in our direction and motioned for me to come over. Standing up, I asked Erica if she could hold down the booth. I left her before she could answer, watching me run off into a random direction.

When I finally reached Tripp, I was greeted with a side hug. "Whats up?" giving him a smile. "We are getting ready to play but I wanted to see you before we did" moving his bass to the side before speaking again. "I got a surprise for you but you will have to listen out for it". Wait, listen for it? What did that mean? Tripp then gave me a quick kiss before hitting the stage. Leaving a confused Charlie behind. Looking away, I saw Erica needed me back. So I ran only to find that she wasn't alone. Great.

Brian noticed me running up first and gave me a confused look. "Where we you Charlie?" asking as I sat down in my chair. I knew I couldn't lie to a friend of mine, so I had to be honest. "Tripp wanted to talk to me real quick" trying to explain just before Tripp's voice came through the speakers.

"Hello ladies and germs, hope you are having fun so far on Warp Tour as much as we are. Anyways I would like to dedicate this song to a lovely girl who I happen to have met last night. This one is for you Cheshire", the band then kicked into their new single "Addiction".

Once I heard his announcement, I quickly looked to Erica and back at Brian who didn't seem too happy. "So you're his addiction now?" Brian spat before getting up and walking off. What the hell was his problem?

"I actually like how to him you are like cocaine, heroin, alcohol and vicodin " Erica giggled next to me. I can tell she was trying to bring a smile back to my face and it worked. Soon enough we found ourselves singing along to the song.
The fun was then cut short once I felt cold water being poured down my back, I knew who it was by the tone of their laughter. "Zacky, you're a dead man" I screamed as I chased after him.

After getting Zacky all wet, we both settled back down at the booth only to have him ask how things are going for Brian and I....like he didn't know.
Zacky placed himself on Erica's lap as he looked at me, "So I hear that Brian ain't too happy with the whole Tripp and you thing". Well thank you captain obvious. "I guess not but that is his fault because it's stupid how he wants to make a move now only because he saw Tripp make one. I mean he had all this time and my full attention but never did anything till now.". Zacky agreed but then again he is my best friend after all.

We sat and talked for awhile till I noticed that Dope was getting off stage and Tripp was heading straight towards me. Knowing me, I was nervous but luckly I had my two best friends at my side..even though they are busy kissing right now. OH GOD!

Tripp smiled once he reached me, "Hey you". I smiled back before saying hi. "So that song was pretty kick ass, was sweet of you for doing what you did up there" laughing at little at myself. Tripp then took a seat next to me, seeing as Zacky used Erica as his own seat.
"Well it was my way of asking you a question" Tripp spoke while looking down at his hands. "Ask me what?", I think I know where this might be going?.

I saw that Erica and Zacky were slightly tuned in on the conversation. Great, an audience. "I wanted to know if you would go out with me?" Tripp asked with hope in his voice, oh no. I sighed while thinking for the answer but there wasn't much I could say. "Listen Tripp, I enjoy our time together but we barely know each other. I only met you just last night." as I tried to explain, I looked over to see Brian walking towards us. What I said was half true, the other half well...was because as much as Brian was being selfish. I cared for his feelings.

I never told Tripp though. I didn't feel it was that important. Tripp nodded his head and took the news well. We both agreed that we would stay friends and hang out still. Brian finally joined us just as Tripp left. "What did he want?" Brian spat. Boy did he hold grudges. Before I could say anything though, Erica jumped right in. "He asked Cheshire out" not knowing what she had just done. I could see the anger set in Brian just as he looked at me, "You are dating that dip shit?".

"Oh god Brian!" I sighed but Brian held up his hand. Not letting me say anything else. This finally pissed me off. I got up and left a stupid Brian behind.

-Brian's P.O.V-

I thought how stupid Charlie was for even agreeing to date that clown. What was she thinking? I know for a fact that idiot is going to hurt her.

"Dude you're stupid" I heard Zacky spoke. I looked over at him, what the hell is he talking about? "Are you really going to agree to them two dating? Zacky, of all people. I thought you would understand, knowing that you two are best friends" I argued. Zacky just shook his head at me.

Zacky got up from his chair as he faced me,"Dude, she turned him down. I honestly think she was thinking of you when she did" just before he walked away from me. Wait, what?
Charlie turned Tripp down? SHIT BRIAN!
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no, will Brian be able to fix things before time runs out!?!?!?!?!? I sure hope so 8)