A Beautiful Tragedy

Lullaby for a Dead Man

Today I woke up earlier than usual to clean the bus. With as many people that were living all in one space, it would get dirty fast. Was starting to get to me. My stomach was feeling much better now, I guess I had the stomach flue or something.

I was in a good mood to clean and set up the dirty clothes, I was gonna goto the local laundry mat to do everyones laundry. I was already done with the bathroom, the back lunge room and bunks. All was left was the living area and the dirty dishes from the night before. I had the song Lullaby for a Dead Man by Elena Siegman blaring from the speakers through out the bus, singing along to pass the time.

Life is still spinning
Your end, my beginning
And everything I hope for has been strangely set aside
Breathing for living
My mind is forgiving
And destiny is proving to be absent from my life

I then grabbed the pillow off the couch and spun in place, singing as loud as I could with all my lung power. Taking advantage of the time I had alone knowing everyone was out doing something.

I know it, I feel it
I know when you're sleeping
I know the things you're dreaming
And I know you will never give up and die

Conscious fulfilling, the darkness revealing
All faults and insecurities are shining like the sun
Eyes are decieving
Your mind will stop breathing and
All that you are made of will now rightly become mine

-Brian's POV-

"Now I heard that one of you will be expecting a baby here soon?" one of the reporters asked. The guys and I had to do an interview during the tour, our manager believe it would help us out in the long run. Zacky leaned into the mic that was placed in front of us all, "Uh yes that is correct, my girlfriend is only a few months along. We all are very excited to the new addition to our family" smiling at the thought of being a father. I was happy for him because I knew he was wanting a family in the long run, I'm even more happy that he found that with our dear friend Erica.

"So any of you planning on getting married?" a reporter from a music magazine questioned to any of us. Matt thought to answer the question, "Well me myself hopes to marry my long time girlfriend Valary, Zacky I'm sure is hoping the same for his relationship but for the rest I cannot speak for them. I can tell you that we all hope to start a family later in life". Matt knew how to put things into words for the reporters. Makes me glad he was our front man.
"What about you Mr.Gates, you hope to marry your girlfriend, Charlie Worthington?" asking me as he checked his notes for her name, "Was I correct on her name?".

"Uh yes, her name is Charlie Worthington but to all of us her name is Cheshire" laughing to lighten the mood, "Um well I would love to see us start a life together but as of right now I feel we still have things to settle and take care of before we take our relationship to that next level" smiling at the reporter.

Soon the interview was done and we all headed back to the bus, Erica and Val tagged along. When we finally reached the top of the steps, we were greeted to a funny sight. Charlie was singing along to a song in short shorts, a tang top and a pillow clutched into her hand. We thought to be quite while Zacky pulled out his cell phone. "Dude I'm so gonna get this on video" whispering to me as we kept our laughs to ourselves. We all tried our best to not give ourselves away.

-Charlie's POV-

I then put the pillow back down on the couch and started to dance to the beat.

Father, why have you forsaken me?
My life is gone
Father, know how long it's taken me?
I live again

I know when you're sleeping
I know the things you're dreaming
I know when you're sleeping
I know the things you're dreaming
I love when you're weeping
Even death can't stop this feeling

I began to head bang and strum my air guitar, rocking out in my air band.

I know when you're sleeping
I know the things you're dreaming
I love when you're weeping
Even death can't stop this feeling
And I know you will never give up
No, you will never give up...
You will never give up... and die

I gave one last spin once the song came to an end, only to see I had an audience. Great. Not again! I began to blush and fix my hair, trying to pull off that I wasn't doing anything cept cleaning. Everyone busted out laughing. I saw Zacky catching everything on video with his cell phone. I ran up to him to try and get it out of his hands but he pulled it away from my reach.

"Zacky, you asshole!" I screamed while trying to hide my face from the lens. "Awww Cheshire, it's alright. You're a cutie" he cooed at me. Not helping at all.
"And everyone thought I was the weird one" Jimmy spoke up, popping his head into view of the lens. Making everyone laugh harder than before but only led me to turning even more red. "This is how you all treat me after I tried doing something nice for you all by cleaning the bus up" I whined. "Awww baby, thank you" Brian giggle as he place a peck on my red cheek.

Zacky finally put away his cell phone but told everyone that he was planning on putting it on youtube, something I was protesting. The rest calmed down from their laughs and started to relax. "Hey babe, I need to tell you something" Brian smiled before sitting next to me on the couch. I turned to him hoping it wasn't anything bad, "What's up?" I asked him.
"Uh I sort of called our parents a few days ago and they plan on being here today" looking at his hands, waiting for my reply. Wait, our parents?

"Oh that is great news but why did you wait to tell me now?" frowning my eye brows at him. "I wanted to surprise you" smiling up at me now. "When will they be here?" but before he could answer, here came Papa Gates coming onto the bus with Brian's step mom Suzie and my mother following behind him.

"Did anyone miss me?" Papa Gates announcing his presence. Everyone greeted him in hugs and told him they were glad to see him, they did the same with Suzie an my mom. "Aww little Cheshire" Papa Gates spoke once he saw me. I gave him a big hug as I greeted him last. "Hey Papa G" I smiled at him. Papa Gates was like a father to me when growing up in high school, he even told me he saw me as a daughter. Erica,Val and I were the only ones that were allowed to stay the night at Brian's back then. Even if Brian wasn't there, we would go over to just spend time with them.

"How are you hun?" he asked me once we parted from our hug. "I'm doing just fine" grinning from ear to ear. I am so glad to see them here, I forgot how much I missed home till now.
"Hope my son is treating you well" he shot a look at Brian which made me laugh. Papa Gates was so happy when Brian told him that we were finally a couple. "Of course sir" giggling at Brian's confused look he gave his father.

My mother finally came up to me after I gave Suzie a hug, "Awww baby I missed you so much" she said just before giving me a hug. "I missed you too mom" I replied as I enjoyed the hug from my mother. I felt bad knowing I left her alone back home but she did take the time in spending it with Brian's family. My mother was also very happy that Brian and I finally started dating, she told me she knew it was bound to happen knowing how we were when growing up. Just didn't know it would take this long.

We all sat around with mine and Brian's parents, playing catch up and also mentioning that Erica and Zacky were expecting a baby. This also brought up marriage. Papa Gates asked Zacky if he was gonna make an honest woman out of our Erica. I think he finally saw that this was a perfect moment.

"Matter a fact, I have a question for you Erica" Zacky spoke seriously while he turned his attention to her. Erica was confused but showed she was listening. Zacky then got up from his seat and bent in front of her, Erica saw what he was doing and pulled her hands up to her face. "We have lived a life time together as best friends, there is no other person who knows me best well other than Cheshire" he began to speak but was interrupted with all of us laughing at the last part. "I love you very much. So, Erica Maiddson. Will you do me the honors of spending the rest of our lives as not only my soul mate but my wife?" he then presented Erica with a gorgeous diamond ring.

I looked to her reaction and all I saw was tears of joy. "Of course I will" she smiled as she gave Zacky a passionate kiss. We all awwed and cheered for the happy couple. I never thought I would see the day that my two best friend would get married....to each other. I then looked at Brian who looked very happy for them as well. I also never thought I would see the day that Brian and I would date. Will we ever have what Erica and Zacky have? My heart hopes so.

Alexia and her sister Anissa who Eyes Set To Kill's bass player met up with us later in the day. We all decided that us girls would go out to lunch, have girl talk. Suzie and my mother even joined us.

We were at Olive Garden, where us women sat at a big table in the back. Having strawberry daiquiris and talking, cept Erica who stuck with water due to her pregnancy. We talked about how excited we were about their engagement and what names she thought about for the baby. Suzie and my mother were talking amongst each other for a bit till they started to laugh together. My mother saw my confusion. "So when are you and Brian plan on getting married?" my mother asked while Suzie shook her head in agreement. Was that what they were talking about the whole time? Them two are no good together, very sneaky.

I raised my eyebrows at the question and laughed. I noticed now everyone was waiting on my answer. Great, thanks mom. "Uh well umm. I ain't sure mother" I laughed before continuing, "Our relationship is still new. My mother just shook her head. "Come on Charlie, don't give me that. You two have been friends for years and in love for the same amount of time. Brian's parents and I want grand babies" putting her fruity drink down. "Oh god" I buried my head in my hand as my cheeks became red. Everyone laughed but agreed that Brian and I would make a great looking MARRIED couple. Don't get me wrong, I agreed but it takes two to take a relationship to that next level. I wanted to see myself become Mrs.Haner but Brian would have to want that too.

-Brian's POV-

While the ladies went out for lunch, us guys stayed back on the bus with my dad.
"So how have you been my son?" my father asked as he sat himself across from me. "Oh I'm perfect. How about yourself dad?" smiling at my father. "Just fine" he nodded, "So when are you and Charlie going to get married?". I gave my dad a shocked looked to his question before laughing, "Excuse me?" hoping I heard him right. "You heard me son. You and Charlie are great together. Suzie and I would love to see you two married" taking a sip out of his beer that he got from our fridge.

"Well umm I ain't sure pops. I don't even know if that is what she wants" shrugging at him. "Have you even planned on asking her?" I can tell me dad was wanting to get to the bottom of this. "Honestly, I was thinking about it. I wrote her a song" , this caught my fathers attention. "Oh really?" he spoke. "Yeah, would you like to see it? I mean it's not fully finished but I've been working on it for awhile now" asking him. My dad agreed and so I went to go grab the notebook I've been glued to lately, I handed him the book and he spun to the page where the song was written, he read it for awhile till he looked up at me with a big smile.

"This is perfect" assuring me I was doing well on my work for Charlie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww Erica and Zacky are getting married. And is it me or is Brian planning on asking Charlie the very same thing!?!?!?
Either way, I think it was awesome as well cute how both their parents want to see their kids married 8)

Anyways thanks to those who have been subscribing and reading! Means a lot to me to know that my story is doing well. Apparently so but it is my goal to get more star readings for this story PLUS to hear positive feed back as well 8)

Thanks again <3