A Beautiful Tragedy

Warmness On The Soul

A week past and today was the last day that mine and Brian's parents were staying with us, they seemed to have enjoyed their time on the road with us. Suzie and my mother helped us girls with selling merch. Plus have tried to give Brian hints towards marriage. Last thing I wanted to do was pressure him into marrying me, so I felt bad. I knew they meant well and I kept my comments to myself. Hoping Brian would see it too.

Today was a special day though, it was my 22nd birthday. Everyone wanted to cancel the show and celebrate my birthday but I demanded that they wouldn't. The fans came all this way to see them tonight, all that mattered to me was that I had my loved ones with me. Val, Erica and myself became great friends with both Alexia and Anissa. So we had two other women to spend our time with other then the guys.

Right now though, I worked. I sat here at the merch booth selling to the fans who walked by, then after I get the merch packed and ready for the next stop. I settle the money towards the end of the night. The work was hard but I didn't mind it at all. The tour seemed to have gone by fast but I'm excited to be going home soon. Erica plans on moving in with Zacky once we get back home, they are even holding onto the wedding till then. Apparently I get to be maid of honor while Brian is best man. On the time off, I do my best to help her with her wedding plans. The only fear she seems to have is if she can fit into her wedding dress with the baby weight that she was gaining haha.

"I think it is stupid how you wanted to work tonight on your own birthday" Erica sighed from the right side of me. I rolled my eyes with a smile, "Honestly, I'm fine. All that matters to me is that I have all of you with me" giving her a sweet smile. "I wish your father could see you now Charlie. How you have grown into a beautiful and smart young woman. I know he would've been proud of you because I am" my mother spoke with tears at her eyes. "Aww mom" leaning over to hug my crying mom, I knew after all these years she still missed my father. I still missed him very much.

We sat around talking and before we knew, our boys were up to perform. Papa Gates joined us girls at this time, watching his son with pride written on his face. Which he should be proud of Brian, not only was he a down to earth person but was very passionate about his music. Spoke it through his guitar solos.

I saw Matt talk to Brian before he walked up to the mic, "Tonight is a very special night for all of us. Not only were we blessed to have Gates parents on the road with us but also our dear friend Cheshire's mother as well. Besides that though, tonight is special because our friend Cheshire is turning 22 today" he smiled as the crowd cheered. "Now if I may, can I have not only Cheshire up here but also the rest of the Avenged family too" pointing at all of us who were sitting at the booth. Wait, what? Val was able to have one of the stage techs sit in for us while we all made our way to the stage.

My heart was beating out of my chest by the time I made my way up to Matt. What was he planning. I looked behind me to see that Papa Gates gave his son a wink and a pat on the back. Uh, correction...what were they all planning?
"Alright so here is Cheshire the birthday girl. Say hello to everyone out there Cheshire" Matt laughed before shoving the mic to my face. I blushed, "Hello" laughing as I waved to the roaring crowd.

"Good try" he joked, "Alright some of you might have seen Cheshire, she is a lead merch girl at all of our shows but to us, she is more than just that. She is our best friend and little sister" what Matt was saying about me was making me blush. I never knew I meant that much to them till now. Erica and Val were at each side of me, holding my hands for support. "Cheshire is also Syn's lovely girlfriend which some of you might have known. All I can really tell you about her is that the woman has a pair of lungs on her, way better than me". We all laughed at his tiny joke, even the crowd. Matt then turned to look at me, "All in all, Cheshire is a big part of our family and all I really want to say is that we love you and happy birthday baby girl" he smiled before giving me a big tight hug.

The crowd awwed and clapped along with everyone on stage, at this time I started to cry. My mother was even in tears as she video tapped the whole thing. Matt then turned back to the crowd again, "But before we start this night off. I need to turn the mic over to Syn", we all then turned our attention on Brian.

He grabbed the mic while Jason Berry held onto his guitar. Making his way up to me, leading my heart to beat faster than before. "Charlie, you are the most caring and the most generous woman I know. I have had the honor to grow up and watch you become the person you are now. I'm even thankful to call you my soul mate. I am not thankful though for how long it finally took me to have the guts to ask you out and for that I'm sorry" he began laughing which caused for all of us to join him. I saw that he was trying really hard to find the words from his heart and for that it meant a lot to me.

"I only have one thing to ask you and I want everyone to witness this" he said before kneeing down in front of me. Brian then pulled out a box and looked up into my eyes while everyone screamed. "Charlie Worthington, will you do me the honor of marrying me because I don't believe I can live another day without you" as he asked me, Brian opened the box and showed me the gorgeous princess cut ring. At that moment tears fell from my eyes and my heart stopped. What do I say?

As if on que, Matt spoke up. "Well say yes to the poor man" he giggled and the crowd agreed. "Brian Haner Jr. of course I will marry you" smiling down at the man who I loved. Brian then shot up and held me in a tight hug before placing the ring on my finger. As a joke Zacky played the wedding march on his guitar as Matt lifted mine and Brian's hands in the air. "Now Brian can sleep at night" he joked into the mic. I then gave Brian a passionate kiss before walking off stage. But before I could leave, Johnny stopped me. "Oh great, she is already wanting to leave me so fast" Brian whined while looking at me. "He wasn't done yet Cheshire" Matt announced. I laughed and walked back up to Brian.

"Since you are in a rush birthday girl,I will cut this short. I just wanted to let you know that this song we are about to play was written by me for you. My birthday gift to the woman I love" he smiled warmly at me. This caused my heart to melt, god I was so lucky. Brian then gave me one last kiss before sending me on my way.

"This song is called Warmness On The Soul" Matt announced before the band kicked into the song. The rest of us hurried back to the merch booth to watch the guys play their show. When I finally reached my seat, I sat there and listened to the beautiful song that Brian wrote for me.

Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make.
And that feeling of doubt, it's erased.
I'll never feel alone again with you by my side.
You're the one, and in you I confide more
(oh-oh-oh)

And we have gone through good and bad times.
But your unconditional love was always on my mind.
You've been there from the start for me.
And your love's always been true as can be.
I give my heart to you.
I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you.
(Woh-oh-oh)

Brian kicked into a solo so took the time to look down at my hand at the ring that Brian gave me. Thinking to myself on what I did to deserve this? I was very blessed to have a loving family and a man who really wants to spend his life with me. With this thought, I began to cry. Trying to hide it front everyone else but I failed. Erica and Val showed their support, smiling at me. Suzie was crying while Papa Gates tried to comfort her, I take it she was so happy that I was finally joining their family. My mother on the other hand held onto my right hand, giving it a squeeze as she tried her best to fight the tears back.

And we have gone through good and bad times.
But your unconditional love was always on my mind.
You've been there from the start for me.
And your love's always been true as can be.
I give my heart to you.
I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you.
(Woh-oh-oh)

I give my heart to you.
I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you.
(Woh-oh-oh)

When the song was over, we all cheered on for the guys. It's was beautiful. "I love you Charlie" Brian spoke into the mic one last time before they got ready for the next song. "I love you too Brian" I mouthed to myself before whipping the rest of my tears away.

Once the show was over, everyone through a surprise party for me on the bus. Mudvayne and Eyes Set To Kill was there too. I wasn't expecting this at all. We all sat around drinking and having fun. They even sang happy birthday to me which was embarrassing since Jimmy pretty much screamed it, I'm sure it made good video since my mother was video taping everything...again. I guess she wanted to make memories for herself.

"Alright present time" Brian announced through the bus, "Shut up assholes, it's present time" Matt yelled to shut everyone up. I laughed at how stupid he looked with the asshole hat on his head. "Yeah present time you fuck tards" Jimmy spoke while packing his cigarettes, that was till his smokes flew out of his hand and hit Johnny in the face. Then we all laughed at that. 'Oh shit, my bad dude" Jimmy grabbed his pack off the couch next to Johnny, who was holding his hand over his eye. "You bastard" he whined but later brushed it off.

I got tons of presents from a lot of people, I tried to tell them that they didn't have to but all I got back was shut up and take it dammit. Most of it was money but I got a gift card to victoria secret from Val and Erica, Jimmy got me an over sized stuff goose who we named stallion duck.

Oh and Zacky showed me what he did for me on youtube as a present....which turned out to be that video of me singing while I cleaned. That fucker actually put it up on the internet, the real present out of it though was how many hits it had. 456,990 hits so far. GREAT! My mother ended up framing two pictures for me to have, one of just Brian and me on graduation and the other was of all of us on graduation. That is when I finally noticed how Brian was looking right at me when the picture was taken, how could I have been so blind?

Papa Gates and Suzie's present to me was them paying for my wedding, I tried to tell them no but they wouldn't listen. They demanded that I would let them pay for it. God, now I have to make sure to not go all out on everything haha.

The last person to give me presents was Brian. "Brian, you have done enough. You really didn't have to give me anything babe" whining when I saw the jewelry box he handed to me. "Oh stop, I want to be able to give you anything you want. You are going to be my wife after all" giving me that smile that I loved so much. I took the box while everyone sat around to see what it was,when I opened it. I saw a necklace with the deathbat on it. The deathbat was in diamonds which was gorgeous. "Oh my lord Brian" gasping at the sight.

"It's a locket, if you open it you will see a picture of us. Your mother helped me with that part" Brian winking at my mom when he mentioned her. I opened it and sure enough was a picture of Brian and I when we were young, it was during the summer and that day we went to go get smoothies from down the board walk we use to goto all the time. My mother took this picture thinking it we were cute back then. Remembering that day made me want to cry but I held the tears back.

Brain then leaned into my ear, "Turn it over" smiling as I did so. When I turned the locket around, there were writing. It said "Cross My Heart" reading it out loud. I looked up at Brian with tears in my eyes, "You remembered that?" laughing at him. Brian nodded, "of course".
"Remembered what?" Val asked, clearly showing that everyone was confused. "When we were younger and Brian would make a promise, weither it was meeting me up at the board walk or walking me home after school. I made him cross his heart and so he would always cross my heart" laughing at the thought. God we were such dorks back then but Brian remembered that.

Brian took the necklace and put it on for me before leaning into my ear one last time. "I love you soon to be Mrs.Haner" I could feel him smiling. I turned to face him, "I love you too Mr.Haner" smiling at my future husband before giving him a passionate kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww YAY!!!!! They are getting married, FINALLY!
Oh and I so think it was adorable on how not only did Brian write that song for Charlie BUT that he got her a necklace that was tide to their childhood memories. That right there showed how much he loved her when they were growing up 8)
Well go ahead and tell me what you think so far....maybe even what you think will happen next ^.^