A Beautiful Tragedy

Graduation

Well it's now graduation day for us seniors, alot has happened since that night at Kenny's house. Turns out Brian and I never dated but we stayed friends. I admit though that my feelings for him never changed. Zacky became best friends with Brian. Brian soon introduced him to Matt and his best friend Jimmy and that annoying little sophmore Johnny who we all learned to love after awhile.Zacky ended up joining their band which they named Avenged Sevenfold, don't worry though..Bully and myself became good friends with them as well.

My plan after high school was to move to Hollywood for college once I graduated, luckly my best friend Bully is coming with me. Mark though heard about what happend between Brian and I that night when we kissed and ended up ignoring me. About time too.

As the senior class sat and the ceremony started, I ended up looking around for everyone I knew. I of course was towards the end of the line since my last name started with a W. I saw Zacky at the begining of the line then came Brian a few rows after, when I kept going I then saw Matt then Jimmy and then Bully followed. Johnny wasn't apart of our graduation class but he attended our graduation which was nice of him. My phone then started to vibrate. Opening it up, I held it close and read it.

After this is the real world Charlie. I don't regret how things played out because I got to become good friend with you all. I heard about your plans and just wanted to say I'm happy for you. Good luck, I will be missing you dearly.
Brian

Once I got done reading the message, I quickly looked up towards his row and saw that he was looking at me with a smile. I smiled and waved before going back to what I was doing.

After hours of having our principle do his speech about the after life and the real world, we finally got started on our names getting called. Of course they still play that same old "Graduation Song" by Vitamin C as we walked across the stage to get our diplomas. That made me giggle to myself. Half the class was already called upon stage which meant it almost my turn to be called but just before I heard my name, I looked towards the crowd on my right and saw my mother in tears and mouth out "I am proud of you" which led me to tear up. My mother had to become my mother and father after my father passed away a few years back, without her I wouldn't have made it this far.

Soon my name was called and I got up from my chair, my gown showing off my school colors proudly.I walked up the steps and passed Zacky who gave me a hug. Then I came up on Brian, he jumped down from his spot and grabbed ahold of me.I looked at him like he had another head growing while he just gave me that cheesy smile I loved. Leaning in, he gave me a kiss right on the mouth. I swear I heard my heart pound out of my chest but really it was the crowd cheering him on, even our class joined in.

Brian then pulled away and got back in his spot, this caused me to laugh just before I held my hand out to recieve my diploma and flip my tassle onto the other side. I was very proud that I didn't end up falling on my face as I walked across the stage. Oncer the whole senior class was called, our dear principle annouced to the rest "Now here is your Ocean View High senior class of 99". All of us then tossed our hats into the air as everyone clapped and cheered for us. We were officially graduated. No more drama and now it was time to make more memories.

"Im so proud of you Charlie Lina Worthington!" my mother squeeled as she ran up to me and hugged me, she pulled away and looked at me. "You know your father would be so proud of you too Charlie, I believe he was here the whole time to see you graduate" she smiled. "Thanks mom, I am so glad to be done with this place" I laughed along with her.

Hearing a familiar voice call my name, I turned and smiled as I saw Brian run up to me. "Hey Brian" laughing when I saw he had to stop and gain his breath. When he was able to talk, he just stood straight and hugged me. I felt Brian leaning into my ear, "Im gonna miss you Charlie. I know I said in that text that I didn't regret anything but I would be lying. I regret how I didn't tell you how I felt sooner. I heard you were going to Hollywood, just please keep in contact" he then pulled away with a smile.

I blushed a bit knowing that he really did care about me. "Brian and Charlie" my mom spoke up, we turned to her with questioning looks. "I want a picture of you two" smiling as she held up her camera, we both laughed at her but was willing to do so.
Brian moved behind me with his arms held around me waist, letting his chin rest on my shoulder. We both smiled at my mother as she took the picture.

Once she was done, she told me that she would love to have a picture with everyone together. I thought that wasn't a bad idea, so I called everyone over and we all got into our spots.
It was Brian ,Me, Zacky and Bully standing while Matt and Jimmy bent down infront of us and Johnny bent down infront of them . My mother stood there for a minute, just starring at us.

"What is wrong mom?" hoping she wasn't having a stroke or something. My mother smiled at us before speaking, "Nothing, you all just look like one big happy family is all". This made us all laugh and agreed that we were. We then held our diplomas up with our smiles on our faces before my mother took a picture.

-Brian's P.O.V-

I turned to look at Charlie who was smiling big for the camera, I couldn't help but smile at her. I do wish things would have been different between us but I'm just glad I had her in my life while I still had time. I will miss her when she goes off to Hollywood for college even though its only a few hours away. I just hope she doesn't slowly fall out of my life, I have to make sure of it.
Maybe one day....one day, we can be together.
Till then...I will dream big.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww how cute!!! Hope you liked reading as much as I liked typing it out. Anyways, feel free to msg me. I'd love to get feed back from my readers!