A Beautiful Tragedy

Where Your Love Has Always Been Enough For Me

The weekend came quicker than we thought. We sat in Matt's parents garage. Going over their music as I kept myself busy with Jimmy.

"Ok so I talked to Larry and we will be starting our European a month after the baby is born" Matt spoke to the rest of the group. I played attention here and there but what Jimmy and I were doing was causing me to miss out on most of what was going on.

"What are you two doing over there?" Zacky asked after he noticed that neither Jimmy or I spoke about the tour. No comments at all. I took my attention off the notebook that laid across mine and Jimmy's lap. My music notebook.

"Uh we are just going over my sheet of lyrics, what is up?" explaining myself. I just got a few giggles. I noticed two kids with their mother I assume, walking over. I nudged my head in their direction to let Zacky and Matt know.

The mother walked up to the garage with a smile. Wonder what she wanted because I know the guys weren't playing too loud, in fact they weren't playing anything at all.

"Hey Mrs.Lawson, what can we do for you?" Matt smiled. Clearly she was a neighbor of his for some time since he knew her last name.

"Hey Matt. Hello boys" giving noticed to everyone else. "Umm my two boys here were just wondering if they could get some autographs and pictures with all of you. They are huge fans of yours" she smiled over all of us.

This made me smile, her sons wanted to meet the guys and loved their music.

"Sure thing Mrs.Lawson. Come over here boys" Matt waved them over before getting up from his seat. All the guys began to sign their shirts and posters, even cds.

Mrs.Lawson then started taking pictures of her kids with the group. After she placed the camera down, she was starting to walk away with her older son till she noticed her younger boy wasn't moving. In fact, he was walking up to Erica and myself.

I looked down at the little boy and smiled widely, "What can I do for you hun?" I softly asked him. Making sure not to scare him knowing I did over tower him.

The younger boy looked up at us both and giggled, "Can I have a picture with you two?" asking Erica and myself. This caught us by surprised but we laughed at how cute he sounded.

I nodded, "Well of course you can little guy" I joked before picking the boy up in my arms. I walked towards the entrance of the garage where his mother waited. I held the boy in my arms as Erica stood on the other side of him, she leaned in and gave one of her famous smiles. I smiled and soon enough his mother took the picture.

"Thank you" the boy laughed. This caused my heart to melt. I hugged the boy tight in my arms and placed a kiss along his cheek before I placed him back on the ground. The boy ran back to his mother and old brother, leaving to head back to their house which was only a few doors down.

I turned around and saw everyone smiling at me, "What?" I asked. They all just laughed and shook their heads.

"You sure have a way with kids Chesh" Jimmy giggled. I just rolled my eyes and walked back over to him.

"Yeah, she would make a great mother" Brian winked at me. I blushed at his words. I knew he would make a great father. One day.

"Good thing we are leaving tonight for Big Bear, we need less distractions" Matt sighed before leaning back in his chair.

"Why are we leaving tonight instead of right now?" Johnny asked Matt. That was a good question.

"If you think about it. Big Bear is half a days drive for us. If we left now, we would get there by night but if we left tonight. We would get there by next morning, giving us time to actually do something" he answered. That seemed like a good reason.

We all thought about it and agreed that maybe he was right, we didn't protest after he explained. So I assume we all agreed.

"Now about transportation Matt?" I questioned him. Matt thought for a moment before answering me.

"Well Val and Myself will drive, whoever wants to ride with us can. Umm I know Jimmy says that him and Leana will drive as well. Brian you gonna drive too?" turning his attention to Brian.

Before Brian could answer Matt, I spoke. "I will drive, it's my truck after all" smiling at both Brian and Matt. Brian nodded in agreement.

"I'm amazed that you still have that truck Chesh. Had it ever since you were able to drive" Erica laughed. I just laughed with her.

We all continued on with the subject and came to terms who was all riding with the ones who were driving. Zacky and Erica were to ride with Brian and me, Johnny and Lacy was with Jimmy and Leana. Gena and Michelle were gonna ride with Matt and Val, apparently they already talked to them and made that plan.

11:15 finally hit and we all packed our suitcases and belonging into the assigned trucks. Of course Brian and I had to drive back to our house to load up our two four wheelers. The guys thought to take the wheelers out there so it gave us something to do. I was excited to play in the mud. Once they were loaded in the back of my truck, I drove back over to Matt's parents house where the rest waited with their toys loaded up.

"Alright so we all ready?" Matt asked. We all nodded as we sat against the vehicles. "Sweet then lets get a move on if we are to get there by morning" walking back over to his truck.

"Lets meet up at the gas station before hitting the high way" I yelled out towards him. All he did was nod and hop into the drives seat, Val joining his movement.

I climbed into my truck as Erica climbed into the passenger seat. Brian and Zacky didn't mind sitting in the back as long as we let them bring their pillows to lay on during the drive. What baby's. I then put my truck in drive and lead the way to the gas station, everyone following close behind. Once we got their. I parked and turned towards the boys in the back who didn't feel like getting out.

"Anything you two want?" I asked. Brian and Zacky thought about it for a moment.

"Um lots of beef jerky and a huge bottle of mountain dew" Zacky smiled. I then looked to Brian.

"Just get me some trail mix and a bottle of water" smiling as well. I nodded before closing the door and heading into the store. I already knew what I wanted, heading towards the energy drinks. I grabbed myself four cans of monster imported which was one of my favorites. I grabbed what the guys wanted while Erica went for what she wanted. I looked around the see Jimmy, Johnny, Michelle and Val grab snacks while Matt put gas in his truck.

I got to the register and played for the stuff, even buying myself and Brian both a pack of smokes. I headed towards the truck again and got the bags in, handing the stuff to the boys in the back. I pulled the pack out and pulled away from the truck. I knew since Erica was pregnant I was going to smoke away from her. I needed to get one smoke in before the long drive ahead of me. Brian and Zacky noticed and climbed out to join me. Erica on the other hand just sat in the passenger seat and glared at us, like she was missing out on something.

We smiled and giggled at her actions. Poor girl. After we were done, we all climbed back in and I pulled the truck in reverse, backing out of my parking spot. I pulled away and saw that Matt was right behind me. Both of us heading to the high way. I smiled when I noticed Matt turning to the lane next to me and sped up. When he finally reached my side window. I looked over and laughed at how he was revving his truck up. Indicating that he wanted to race to the next light before the high way. I didn't bother to give him time to react before stepping on my gas peddle and sped ahead.

"Please don't kill us" Erica spoke from my side, she was fiddling with the radio to find a decent station.

I laughed, "I wouldn't dare Bully. Hey grab the cd case that is in this compartment right here" pointing to the compartment that was between us.

Erica grabbed the cd and looked down, "Our Mix of 89'. Ain't this the cd that we made back in high school?" asking as she popped the cd in. Zacky sat up from his seat and took the cd case from her hands.

I laughed, "Yeah it is" telling her. Soon the song I Wear My Sunglasses At Night by Corey Hart filled the speakers.I placed my sunglasses over my eyes as I turned the volume up. Zacky did the same before we started singing to the song, more like shouting.This use to be our joke song back in the day. Brian just laughed at us while Erica thought to video record from her phone. We didn't care if we looked like idiots, this was our soundtracks to our past.

After being on the high way for over 4 hours, I was starting to get tired. Matt and Jimmy have tried to race me but I smoked them both. They forget how good my driving skills are. Especially in my truck. This baby and I have been through everything together. I loved my black dodge, it was reliable. Plus this truck held so many memories with Erica,Zacky and I. I could never give him up. Yes that is right. My truck was a boy. A gay boy that I named Optimus Prime.

I looked over at Erica who was reading and then looked in my review mirror, seeing both the guys passed out. I laughed to myself at the view. "Hey Bully, you mind opening and handing me one of my imports?" I asked her. I put my left blinker on as I tried passing another driver. Looking back I saw that both Matt and Jimmy followed my actions.

"Here you go" handing me my drink. I took a few gulps and placed it in the cup holder. "How far till the next stop?" she asked as she turned her flash light off. Clearly showing she was done reading for now.

"Uh I think about another mile or so" shrugging my shoulders.

I heard her groan and looked over to see she really needed to pee. "Would you like me to pull over?" I asked.

"Please?" pleading me with her puppy dog eyes. I laughed again before signaling to the rest behind me that I was going to pull over. I parked and hoped out of the truck. Making my way to her side. I helped her out and told her to just go along the bushes and pee. Matt and Jimmy finally made their way to us and Matt jumped out of his truck.

"What is going on?" he asked once he made his way up to me.

Laughing as I saw Erica run off in the distance, seeing a pregnant woman run is funny. "She had to pee". Matt nodded and went over to tell Jimmy what the hold up was.

"Would you like me to drive?" Zacky spoke. Scaring me in the process, I didn't hear him get out of the truck. I nodded since I was getting too tired to speak. Soon enough I climbed in the back next to a sleeping Brian as Zacky drove my truck back onto the high way.

I must have passed out the rest of the drive because soon I was being shaken awake. Hearing Brian say that we were here. I stood up and saw the sign that read Big Bear.
We pulled up to Matt's cabin in no time, getting out to unpack. Matt and Jimmy looked tired from having to drive the whole way here, me on the other hand, I was feeling good.

Once we got things settled and claimed our rooms. We sat around having breakfast in the kitchen, going over what we should do today. Matt and Jimmy both drank the rest of my imports which I didn't mind. They needed it more than I.

"How about we take the toys out for a spin?" I smiled wickedly.

"I will agree with you" Johnny giggled. Erica stayed behind since she was too pregnant to go out riding with us, Zacky agreed to stay with her and join us another time. Gena joined the married couple, thinking that sitting back and enjoying some hot tea sounded wonderful.

We all had our own except Leana and Lacy who were on the back of Jimmy and Johnny. Val decided to use Zacky's and had Michelle behind her. So if you think about it, Val and I were the only women who were driving.

"Alright so take the trail everyone and if one of us gets stuck or falls behind. Let the rest of the group know so we can slow down and wait" Matt announced. We started our wheelers up and Matt led the way first, then it was Jimmy with Leana, myself, Brian, Val with Michelle and then Johnny with Lacy.

Hours went by. We stayed on the trail till we got to a hill side, there we all sat and snacked on some food we packed. Joking and laughing at one another. I'm blessed to have a family like this because not many are lucky to have such an amazing family to call their own. In time we all packed up and headed back to the cabin, seeing as we have been gone for hours.

On the way back, there were a few mud patches that a few of us decided to hit. Causing mud to fly everywhere which earned a scream from Lacey and Michelle. I just laughed. Finally we go back on track and reached the cabin in time to wash up and still enjoy the rest of the day before night fell.

"Oh lord, will you look at you all!" Bully laughed as we climbed off our wheelers. I looked at her confused due to not sure what she meant. I then looked around before looking down at my feet but all I could see was mud.
"Hold on. Let me get a picture of you all before you use the hoes to wash up" Zacky laughed as he headed inside the cabin, only to come back with a camera in hand.

We laughed but got close to each other. Wrapping my arm around Leana and smiled from ear to ear at the camera. Zacky took two pictures and excused us to go line up to be hoes down. Which is cold should I remind you. Yeah was no party for us. Matt whined the most though, you didn't think he was a tough guy 24/7 did you? Pft, please!

Once we all went to our rooms to change in warmer clothes. We all came out and met up in the huge living room by the fire. "What should we all do tonight to break in the weekend?" Matt asked allowed. We all sat and thought about it. I really wasn't sure what there was to do around Big Bear.

"How about going down to the local bar and enjoy the locals?" Johnny replied. "That actually sounds like a good plan there short shit. I'm amazed with you" Brian teased, earning an arm punch from me. We ran out and loaded up in the trucks, Zacky driving mine because I wasn't sure where this bar was. In due time we made it and parked before walking into the bar. Finding out that tonight was open mic night. A few locals were decent sounding but others you could tell had "way" to much to drink before getting up to sing.

Erica stuck with soda while the rest of us shared a few shots here and there. Tonight I was planning on not getting drunk, I really wanted to just enjoy the night without waking up to a hangover or not remembering what I did last night. I stuck with beer after my two shots of Jack. Enjoying the sound of a woman who was under the influence, trying to sing the song Man, I Feel Like A Woman by Shania Twain. Key word "Trying".

"How are you holding up Chesh?" Jimmy spoke from my side.Catching me off guard. He noticed how I jumped and frowned, "I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you love". I laughed, "It's alright Slim Jim. I'm just fine, how are you?" winking at the tall man who won a place in my heart. "I will be better once Johnny will stop embarrassing us all" he sighed. It was my turn to frown. Jimmy pointed to the dance floor where I saw a drunk Johnny dancing around as the woman kept singing off key. The sight was priceless and I couldn't help but laugh at how one of my friends was being a complete goof ball.

To our luck, the song came to and end as well as Johnny's weird dancing. Saving us all. "Alright give a round of applause to that brave soul" a man spoke into the mic. "Now who wants to give a shot at coming up here and giving us a song?" he asked the crowd. I looked around and noticed that no one cared. I scoffed and went back to my beer.

"This young lady does!" Jimmy shouted. I looked up to see who he was talking about but only saw a finger in my face, Jimmy's finger to be exact. In no time my friends joined Jimmy and pushed me up towards the stage. Against my will.

"Oh here you go darling" the man handed the mic to me before stepping off stage. I sighed into the mic to think of what kind of song would these locals enjoy because I'm not about to sing no country. "Umm seems to me my friends are very supportive. I would play a song for you but it looks to me that I don't have a left handed guitar" smiling at my friends but before I could place the mic down to step off the stage. Zacky ran up, "Thought you might need this" he laughed and handed me his guitar. That bastard.

I picked up the mic and placed it on the mic stand, adjusting it so I could sit down on the stool that sat in front of it. I cleared my throat and spoke again, "Heh, like I said. They are very supportive. Hmm well seems to me you all are wanting a song. This song I'm about to play is a song I wrote and it will be acoustic. Is there a house band that I can borrow?" I asked. Hoping the man that was on the stage earlier will pop up. Sure enough a few men stepped up and grabbed an acoustic guitar each. One even grabbed an acoustic bongo for some bass.

I began my count and started to strum against the acoustic guitar. Praying that this song is good enough for this tough crowd.

I'm staring out into the night,
Trying to hide the pain.
I'm going to the place where love
And feeling good don't ever cost a thing.
And the pain you feel's a different kind of pain.

I gained my composure and looked up, seeing that everyone was interested in the song I presented to them. Even taking the time to hear the house band. Can I say perfect? I closed my eyes and started to sing with all heart.

Well I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.
But these places and these faces are getting old,
So I'm going home.
Well I'm going home.

The miles are getting longer, it seems,
The closer I get to you.
I've not always been the best man or friend for you.
But your love remains true.
And I don't know why.
You always seem to give me another try.

Looking up and seeing all my friends in front of the stage. Swaying from side to side with wide grins on their faces. I even could tell that Brian was very proud of me, slightly wishing my mother was here to see this. I blushed lightly and placed my mind back on my words.

So I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.
But these places and these faces are getting old,

Be careful what you wish for,
'Cause you just might get it all.
You just might get it all,
And then some you don't want.
Be careful what you wish for,
'Cause you just might get it all.
You just might get it all, yeah.

Oh, well I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.
But these places and these faces are getting old.
I said these places and these faces are getting old,
So I'm going home.
I'm going home.

I slowed down my strumming as the song came to an end. The lights dimmed and the next thing I heard shocked me. Cheering and applause. I opened my eyes at the sound and smiled, still seeing all my friends right in front of me even Erica which made me laugh. I slowly got up from the stool and walked off stage to be greeted by familiar faces. "Here Zacky, thanks for letting me use this" I smiled as I handed him his acoustic guitar.

"No problem Chesh. You were amazing, so anytime" smiling back as he hugged me tight. "You were amazing baby. Every time I hear and see you perform, it still amazes me till this day. I love you" Brian spoke. I blushed and leaned up to kiss him, "Thank you baby. I love you too" hugging to his side. "Alright love birds. It's time to head back to the cabin. Starting to get late" Matt interrupted. "Trust me, when we get back. You are all mine" Brian grinned. I laughed since I knew what he was talking about but took off before he could get a hold of me.

Tonight was fun and it was only gonna get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that it has been forever and a day from when I last updated a chapter. I feel horrible but to make things better, I have good news. My boyfriend and I are expecting our first baby. Honestly that is why I haven't updated in awhile, things have been really busy. I'm 3 months along and yes my pregnancy is EASY which I'm lucky to say. No we don't know the sex yet and are still figuring out baby names. I like creative names, so if you have any...please let me know!

To those who have stuck with my story, THANK YOU!!!!
I will do my best to start updating more, the next one might take awhile though. So please bare with me. Oh and the song that Charlie sang is Home by Daughtry.

Much love and thanks!! 8)