Status: BLANKING OUT :/ will update tonight hopefully...after homwork and chores and dinner and...

Her Little Dark Side

Out Cast

Blair awoke to the sounds of birds cawing and the feeling of sun on her face. She opened her eyes, expecting to see the red velvet of the canopy of her four-poster bed but was instead shocked with a view of bristling tree tops and glaring crows. She rolled over and felt pines needles rub over her arms. She cringed as she felt something sizzle against her skin. She glanced over to her right and saw that she was in an iron cage with no top. She screamed the banshee like sound ringing throughout the forest causing crows to flutter into the sky. Damn The Circle she thought. They knew that iron bled away a witch’s power. So either she was trapped in here where she would starve to death or she could escape but be left powerless. She decided to escape.

She stood up and wrapped her long pale fingers around the top of the cage and wailed in pain but continued to pull herself up. Her arms strained against the pain they were going through and she felt her top lift up and expose her skin to more burning. Eventually she hauled herself and dropped on the other side, landing on her feet but dropping to her knees. She rested her head in her hands and swallowed the agony that she could feel deep in the marrow of her bones. Slowly she lay down in a cool spot beneath a large willow tree and let her eyes close, but didn’t sleep.

Instead she thought about her father, Alden. Well his real name was Charon, but he changed it after he was banished from the Underworld. He was the original ferryman of the Underworld, never aging but constantly taking people to their deaths. But the day he crossed Hades he was sent to the surface where he blundered around for months not knowing what to do. He killed innocents, feeding on the sweet taste of their blood. But then he met her mother, gentle hearted Eldora. She took him in and taught him the ways of earthly folk. Later they were married and a year later Blair Ingrid Chamberlain was born, with her father’s green eyes and dark curls and her mother’s pale complexion and slight, willowy frame. But no one thought that she would get her father’s personality, well half of it anyway. Blair had a bad case of split personality. She could be kind-hearted like her mother or an evil wrench like her father. But one thing was for sure, she had both of their magical ability combined.

Well not anymore thought Blair sighing. She felt a bit stronger after lying down so she got up shakily and stretched out her hands. She closed her eyes and thought about leading the pine needles which littered the forest floor into a sweeping dance. She felt a slight jolt go down her arms but then it was gone and not so much as a single rustle could be heard from the pine needles. She sat down again, slumping against the tree. She sighed, at least she still had some power, if she tried hard enough she might be able to build it up again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.Subscribe.Enjoy