Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Alex's POV

I checked the time. Half four. I also checked the date. The 7th of July. Fuck. Dan's death anniversary. A few tears rolled down my cheek as Dan's smiling face invaded my mind along with his laugh. I looked over to my bedside table and saw the picture of me and Dan. I picked it up and tears clouded my vision as I remembered that day.

It was sunny and Dan had arranged for us to go to the beach with a bunch of his friends. I was allowed to invite Jack but he was away for a long weekend with his parents. It was the day before Dan had committed suicide. I got up and washed my face. I had to stay strong. I had no one to turn to. Jack wasn't there. Dan left me. My mom and dad died in that car crash. I had to stand on my own. At least until I could see Jack again.

I went for a shower, not caring about the time. The date was stuck in my head. I didn't want it to be true. It took me about half an hour to properly shower. I got out and it was five. I heard cluttering downstairs, Mary and Peter were awake. I could hear them both rambling on about nothing in particular that actually interested me.

I dried my hair and straightened it. I wouldn't be talking at all today. I knew it. Jack would see that as normal behavior. I missed that guy. He was always able to cheer me up. No matter what. I hoped I would see him sometime soon. Then I could explain why I left without saying goodbye.

I walked downstairs and grabbed my books. Then I packed them into my bag. Dan would have made sure that was done the night before if he was still alive but I fended for myself. It was hard but I knew I would survive and pull through. Either that or I would go the same way Dan did. Jack would never forgive me though.

"Alex! Time for school." Mary called. I walked out and walked to my car. It had been a present from Mary and Peter. It was a black Land rover with Black tinted windows. I opened the door and climbed in. I flung my bag onto the passenger seat. Then I closed the door, put my seat belt of and started the car.

It took me twenty minutes to get to school. I parked my car and climbed out. A whole load of people were staring at me.
"Nice car." One of the guys said to me. I ignored him.

Suddenly, I was pounced on from behind. I stumbled a bit but I didn't fall.
"ALEX!" Ross screamed. I shoved him off of me.
"You not speaking again?" He asked me
"What do you mean?" Another voice came.
"ZACK! BABY!" Ross screamed and let go of me. I turned around. I saw a tall muscular guy with curly hair and a nose piercing. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown. They were gorgeous. His name was obviously Zack 'cause Ross launched himself at him and pulled him into a big hug. All and all, the guy was hot. Yum!

"Hey Rossie." Zack replied. He hugged him back and kissed his head. Such a shame he wasn't single. Suddenly, the bell rang. I had P.E first. I trailed to P.E sadly. I couldn't wait until it came to last period. Then I could go home and sulk in my room. P.E. was boring. The class had misbehaved the week before so they were doing punishment exercises. Coach Smith told me I didn't need to do it so I had to sit at the side and occupy myself.

The rest of the day dragged on. I had forgotten most things by the end of the day. I didn't have homework so I had extra free time. I drove home and immediately went to my room. I spent the rest of the night there. I didn't eat. I just thought about Dan until I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. Love you guys. Had a little trouble with this. Mibba kicked me out. Love you all. Maybe you can comment. It would make Alex happy.
Next chapter up soon. Promise.