Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Jack's POV

I was thankful Alex was awake. At least that way I knew he was alive. After breaking the kiss with him, I sat back on the seat and took his hand in mine. Alex and I sat in silence, just looking at each other for approximately half an hour.The doctor came in and told Alex he could go home after his last check up and I was asked to leave.

I stepped outside and called Matt's phone. I had told everyone to stay at home and tidy up a little. I had told them I'd call if he woke up. He picked up on the first ring.
"Jack? How is he?" Matt asked.
"He's awake," I told him.
"Thank God! When d'you recon he'll be let out?" he asked.
"Just after this checkup. I've gotta go Matt," I said. I could see the door to Alex's room opening.
"Alright Jack! Bye," he said and hung up.

I just managed to shove my phone into my pocket as the Doctor came out, quickly followed by Alex.
"Thanks again Doctor Collins," Alex said.
"It's my job," he replied and walked off.
"Okay, let's get out of here! You know how much I hate hospitals," he said.
"Yeah! The rest of them know you're awake, but they don't know anything else," I told him, taking his hand as we walked.
"Thank you," he said and kissed my cheek, before we walked down the corridor and out of the hospital quickly.

We jumped into my car and I drove us home. I saw Matt looking out of the window and smiling when we arrived before turning away. We jumped out of the car and Alex took my hand. We walked inside and I led us into the living room. Alex was immediately pulled away from me by Zack.

"Alex, who was he? What the hell happened?" he asked immediately.
"He's no one that you need to worry about. I've got it sorted," he replied, not meeting Zack's eyes.
"Alex! Seriously! He SHOT AT US! Personally, I want to know why! So enlighten us," Ross said.
"Ross! Seriously! You don't need to know! He's been dealt with," Alex said. Zack and I could tell that Alex was tired, and Ross was pissed off. Alex was too. Zack let go of Alex and stepped away from between him and Ross.

"That's not good enough Alex! Someone could have died! Anyone could have got shot," Ross said. Alex took a deep breath and let it out slowly to calm him down.
"I know that Ross! Look, I did my best to keep you guys out of the firing range and I made sure he didn't shoot again. What more do you want from me?" he asked.
"A Fucking Explanation? Alex, we fucking deserve one! WE COULD HAVE DIED," Ross yelled.
"Fine! He's my uncle! He was disowned from the family after he killed my aunt! You happy?" Alex yelled back. Ross was stunned to silence. "There was a reason I wasn't going to tell you! For your own fucking safety!"
"A-Alex.. I didn't-"
"No! You didn't know! But you didn't think either! I'm going out," Alex said and before anyone could get a word in to make him stay, he was gone.

We all stood in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this has been a work in progress, but it's here now :) Double update tonight 'cause of the wait :) Sorry for the long wait lol It's been hectic around here. Prelims are in 10 days, I've been doing six hours of studying every night. I've not had the time xD Anyways, thank you to all 531 readers, the five rec's and 50 subscribers xD Also, thank you to Loser Of The Year and Hot Chelle Rae for commenting :) Next one is up tonight :D